Sign in to follow this  
-FSG-Rodders

Will Arma 3.......

I'm just wondering if in Arma3 you(BIS) are working on fixing the actual player animation, i mean its stupid how a 10' fall can kill, this should be fixed, apart from that top game!!

:bounce3::cool:

I hate cliffhanger titles. This will most likely be fixed in a patch but I haven't really experienced this happening to me.

i was in a training tonight, climbed up the tower on the fire station, was only on first floor, i bugged and fell out of window and died, its ridiculous lol

It's better than A1. Are you still fighting fit after falling off a roof irl?

If by ArmA3 you mean the expansion: operation arrowhead then who knows.

Bi are an extremely dedicated lot and I guarantee that they will attempt to fix any bugs or glitches when possible.

That is the best answer you'll get as it is up to the mighty Bi, patience is key with this great game.

It's better than A1. Are you still fighting fit after falling off a roof irl?

If you know how to land right. If you're a dumbass landing on your head, well, good luck.

I think theres a simple fix to your issue regarding falling and surviving its just a flaw in the health system.

;1462669']If you know how to land right. If you're a dumbass landing on your head' date=' well, good luck.[/quote']

Maybe if you know how to land but you as a soldier have about 10 - 20 kilos(maybe more) of equipment so it could be hard to land...

of course it is stupid to be dead from 3 meters

but damage engine of vehicles (including man unit) is not realistic

you cannot make in this game man unable to move but alive

2 shots in leg and dead, not unable to move

concerning real life

it depends on weight

when i was young and slim i was jumping from 2-2.5 meters without problem in army shoes without any load, rifle throw away before me, no rucksack, no canteen, no magazines

this year when i get some 5 kilo fat + rucksack with camera, lens, water bottle (maybe another 5 kilo more).. not trained for 2 years i spent whole month in home because i twisted foot joint , i was jumping from wall 2 meters on grass

i was month in gypsus, later 2 month very slowly walking

6 months have passed and from time to time i have problem with foot

so falling can be different , sometimes from 2 meters you can run well, sometimes you can spend month in bed and dreaming that next year you can climb mountains like before

so there is no regulation about height of jump

when i was training every weekend on polygon/army for 5 years with scouts i was strong, when i get civilian , bureau, PC life and 5 kilo more, such jump meant calling ambulance

it depends of body condition, ground hardness, angle for feet and luck

so definitely i cannot imagine usual soldiers with M249, ammo boxes, vest, rucksack jumping from 3 meters :)

of course there are people very strong and sportsmen, but not with 20 kilo load

of course engine is wrong, such soldier in game should have leg broken and unable to walk if he jumped from 3 meters

Edited by vilas

They need a new game to fix one bug? Lolwut?

yes cause it concerns damage structure of parts of body

Arma2, Arma1, OFP have similar or even the same model of harm

improvement in units since 2001 to today's 2009 is:

polycount

shadow lod

normal mapping

you cannot make soldier unable to move, broken leg, twisted joint without harming whole body health value (please read my previous post on previous site)

shoot 2 times in leg, you will get whole soldier dead

it requires new engine

I agree, I think its been stretched as far as it can go.

A3 should be a revised engine, if A3 came out and I saw the things A2 has thats been brought through from day 0 would probably delay getting it.

I don't think there will be a military simulation after arrowhead from BIS. People wouldn't accept the hard coded faults of a 90's game engine in mid 2010's anymore...

I don't think there will be a military simulation after arrowhead from BIS. People wouldn't accept the hard coded faults of a 90's game engine in mid 2010's anymore...

Yeah especially as there is so much hard competition in milsim genre :rolleyes:

Seriously though, let's just see what Operation Arrowhead brings along and then see how BIS decides to proceed with the genre.

Don't think of yourself as 'dead' after that fall, only 'incapacitated'. In game terms, that's as good as dead though, so no real difference. You still can't carry on playing either way. I think falling 10' with 30kg (or more) of assorted bits and pieces will be pretty harsh IRL anyway.