Sign in to follow this  
Ingolf

Is there a way to...

... turn off the propaganda that is spewing out in every village... and even 2-3 km from every village?

I get so annoyed by this loud (russian) message that is repeating itself and spoiling the atmosphere wherever you are trying to plan an assault.

I am starting to believe this is a bug that is following me?

Anyone?

Best regards, and thanks BI for an amazing game :)

/sgt Ingolf

PS: I tried OFDR today and was so happy to get back to the woods of ArmA. DS

Never heard of this problem, sure you havn't got any modules/modifications or sound entities in the mission?

I believe he is talking about the radio news that comes on during the Manhattan mission. I'm not sure if anyone ever found a way to turn it off.

yes, manhattan mission... (havn't got past that yet ;))

...so I'll have to live with this until I cleaned up the insurgents...?

I have no mods or extra modules that would affect the stock campaign.

/thx for posting answers

Remember this game is huge. I dont play the campaign (yet) as that thing is 1% if even that of the game itself. Its just a campaign. So when asking about things in the forum please state what, where, when, who, what... You get the idea. ;)

Id have a look and search in the official missions forum section, that's the place for this .. have a search anyway becuase it would be covered for sure.

It annoyed me but as I reached the Manhattan mission ive never returned to the campaign so never found out anything more about it.

Thank you guys for all your comments.

Yes, the scope of the game is huge --- sry for not being precise. I did too go straight into the editor when buying ArmA II (like I always do). However, I fired up the campaign and got hooked after only a few initial missions since they surprised me in a very pleasant way.

I'm about 75% into the Manhattan story now and the loudspeakers have been yelling this radio message across the plains and the woods for weeks now. I enjoy the level and the "openess" so I go carefully forward to protect my squad. Every place I go - using transport support, my feet or a couple of pickups - the air is filled with multiple radio messages (3 at times) from the russian gov. Will this end as I finish the Manhattan part? If so, I'll try to end it quickly then.

Just wondering if it is supposed to be like that - or if it is a bug/saves screwed up.

cheers all