Sign in to follow this  
Adjutant

Console version of ARMA 2

yes, but even a mediocre pc, like a core2duo 2.5 ghz + an ati hd4850 is much, much faster then a an xbox/ps3

Clock speed has nothing to do with it, without getting too technical...

Assassin's Creed Recommended specs:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or better

RAM: 3GB

Video Card: 512 MB Card

Sound Card: 5.1 Sound Card

HDD Space: 12GB

DirectX Version: DirectX 10.0

Now that's just the recommended specs, we all know that to run any PC game at max settings (which would give visuals the same as the 360) you need way, way above those specs.

Now that's just the recommended specs, we all know that to run any PC game at max settings (which would give visuals the same as the 360) you need way, way above those specs.

A ridiculous statement with no basis in fact. ANY PC game you say? The 360 can't compete with a gaming PC in terms of visuals. Stop deluding yourself.

I'll just keep saying it and maybe, one day, you'll understand, consoles are NOT capable of matching even a current mid range gaming PC. They are comparable to a 3+ year old gaming PC. There is a reason why consoles cost only a few hundred dollars.

Get over it.

Edited by BangTail

putting a pc game on max settings makes it look a lot better then on a console, I once put arma2 on 720p (which is what most 360 games do) with aa on. That was terrible, game ran a lot smoother though. Maybe arma1 could be ported to x360 but arma2 will have to be simplified massively.

Wrong, consoles run most games at medium-low.

PC > Console, it's a well known fact.

A ridiculous statement with no basis in fact. ANY PC game you say? The 360 can't compete with a gaming PC in terms of visuals. Stop deluding yourself.

I'll just keep saying it and maybe, one day, you'll understand, consoles are NOT capable of matching even a current mid range gaming PC. They are comparable to a 3+ year old gaming PC. There is a reason why consoles cost only a few hundred dollars.

Get over it.

You've not even presented a coherent argument or attempted to answer my statement with any facts of your own. My post included FACTS, who's deluded?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW0zvBjG918

Name a PC game with visuals as good as Assassins Creed (2) that can run on a 3 year old mid range PC. It should be an easy task given your above ridiculous statement.

Most of you guys make me sick. Stop all the BS.

1. PC games have more power and better visuals.

2. Console games run smoother and are just easy to play with no up keep.

3. BOHEMIA wants to make a console game and are currently working on it.

4. BOHEMIA will never sell out the PC coomunity and the fanbase.

5. OFP ELITE worked great in gameplay and controls yes it was simplified.

6. Console games will not have the great community MOD's but BOHEMIA can make more money from DLC with little work.

7. We all want the same type of gameplay, Why are we all fighting.

8. We all want BOHEMIA to kick the crap out of CODEMASTERS.

9. With no new information about ARMA2 for the console it will be operation arrowhead.

10. Why do you think BOHEMIA picked the name.

I have played OFP CWC for years and still play the ELITE. If anyone says the two games did not play the same are full of crap. The ELITE did have better visuals and yes the mission editor was simplified but some of my better missions were made with the elite because it was easy to use and you could fully understand all the waypoints.

Just stop with all the crap and wait. Let us console guys have this thread to talk about what we want and not what you the PC boys don't want.

You've not even presented a coherent argument or attempted to answer my statement with any facts of your own. My post included FACTS, who's deluded?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW0zvBjG918

Name a PC game with visuals as good as Assassins Creed (2) that can run on a 3 year old mid range PC. It should be an easy task given your above ridiculous statement.

What facts? Ones you made up to suit your "argument".

There were no facts in your post, just uninformed opinions.

Just because you say something doesn't make it a fact I'm afraid.

Do you have any idea of the resolutions/AA/effects that PC hardware is capable of?

The PC gaming segment is stagnant at the moment BECAUSE of consoles. We have entirely too much horsepower and very little that pushes it to the limits as the majority of developers concentrate on consoles first and pump out cookie cutter dross like MW2 which is then endlessly lauded as "the last word in realism" by the hordes of shallow, LCD mouth breathers that constitute today's mainstream gamer (NOT directed at anyone here specifically just to be clear)

It is one of the many reasons that ArmA2 needs to stay away from consoles. It was never intended for them. If BIS made a completely different game for consoles, I wouldn't have so much of a problem with that but porting A2 to console would be a horrific mistake and will not happen. DR illustrated very clearly the consequences of selling out your customer base. I'm sure BIS is very happy that they jumped the CM ship and as such could distance themselves from that fiasco despite CM's dishonest use of the franchise name.

I'd love to see you run the Unigine benchmark at 1080P on your Xcrock. I would imagine you'd get about 1 FPS or thereabouts (If the 360 actually supported DX11).

:)

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Most of you guys make me sick. Stop all the BS.

1. PC games have more power and better visuals.

2. Console games run smoother and are just easy to play with no up keep.

3. BOHEMIA wants to make a console game and are currently working on it.

4. BOHEMIA will never sell out the PC coomunity and the fanbase.

5. OFP ELITE worked great in gameplay and controls yes it was simplified.

6. Console games will not have the great community MOD's but BOHEMIA can make more money from DLC with little work.

7. We all want the same type of gameplay, Why are we all fighting.

8. We all want BOHEMIA to kick the crap out of CODEMASTERS.

9. With no new information about ARMA2 for the console it will be operation arrowhead.

10. Why do you think BOHEMIA picked the name.

I have played OFP CWC for years and still play the ELITE. If anyone says the two games did not play the same are full of crap. The ELITE did have better visuals and yes the mission editor was simplified but some of my better missions were made with the elite because it was easy to use and you could fully understand all the waypoints.

Just stop with all the crap and wait. Let us console guys have this thread to talk about what we want and not what you the PC boys don't want.

Why would Arrowhead be released as a full game on console?

Do you have any evidence of this beyond your own speculation?

Stop all the crap? You mean like console fanboys telling us how Xbox 360s are on par with current gen gaming PCs for example?

I'm in complete agreement ;)

Edited by BangTail

Real gamers are gfx > gameplay, that is also fact:)

(doesn't tell anything bout pc vs console, but sure DOES tell something about the gfx whoring some guys here do)

Real gamers are gfx > gameplay, that is also fact:)

(doesn't tell anything bout pc vs console, but sure DOES tell something about the gfx whoring some guys here do)

Good GFX != Good games.

I don't believe anyone here made that assertion.

Some of the consolers have decided to try and argue that PCs and console's are pretty much equal in terms of what they can do graphically/performance wise.

That is a fallacy.

Edited by BangTail

I never understood how someone can play a shooter without a mous and a keyboard...

I tried it once with the Xbox 360 and it was no fun for me.

I never understood how someone can play a shooter without a mous and a keyboard...

You can use keyboard & mouse with the Xbox.

And what does that tell you? That the controller is not working? Or that - perhaps, just perhaps - playing once with a system you are not used to is...not enough to get used to it?

Grim

A Quote from BANG TAIL:

Why would Arrowhead be released as a full game on console?

Do you have any evidence of this beyond your own speculation?

Stop all the crap? You mean like console fanboys telling us how Xbox 360s are on par with current gen gaming PCs for example?

I'm in complete agreement ;)

Hey, I have gave real proof that BOHEMIA is working on a console port go see for yourself on ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 information thread but I will not give out the PM's again because it got in into some hot water with the MOD's. The bottom line a console BOHEMIA game will came you can't stop it.

Why would BOHEMIA make a stand alone expansion to ARMA2, Why would they call it OPERATION arrowhead. Why would a company not want to make a game for a system that more people will play and can make more money with DLC why. It will happen. When maybe a few months or a year after arrowhead I think it will be sooner.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

And what does that tell you? That the controller is not working? Or that - perhaps, just perhaps - playing once with a system you are not used to is...not enough to get used to it?

Grim

No, it tells me that playing shooters on consoles is not the same as with a mous. So BIS have to know that the whole game experience is changed on a console. Its easier to port a console game to the PC then porting a PC game to a console.

...just my opinion, i cant imagine ArmA2 on a console, they would have to get the campaign total bug free.

...just my opinion, i cant imagine ArmA2 on a console, they would have to get the campaign total bug free.

LOL yeah thats a another story :p

What facts? Ones you made up to suit your "argument".

There were no facts in your post, just uninformed opinions.

So I made the system requirements up did I? uh, no they're from the back of the damn box. I'll be back to revisit this thread when AC 2's system req's are up to give you some more FACTS, until then. Ciao.

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

From the article:

"We equipped our test PC with high-end components, a GeForce 280 GTX, and a quad-core Intel Core 2 CPU."

you did nothing but reinforce my point, thanks...next?

No, it tells me that playing shooters on consoles is not the same as with a mous. So BIS have to know that the whole game experience is changed on a console. Its easier to port a console game to the PC then porting a PC game to a console.

When I gave up playing PC games back in 2004 and then started to play console games in 2005 I felt the same way HOW CAN ANY ONE PLAY A SHOOTER OR DRIVE/FLY VEHICLES with a mous and keyboard.

Yes, PC have more power nobody can say different but playing on a console is just easy and feels right for me over the mous and keyboard now. I can't go back playing on a PC. Yes I know I can have a hand control and play on my big HDTV using a PC. So, why not just play on a console. The only thing would be the community MOD's and a game like ARMA2 not on a console yet.

My dear friend have you ever play OFP ELITE a PC port to console that play the same way with so minor changes to the overall control setup but the same gameplay.

Yes, PC have more power nobody can say different but playing on a console is just easy and feels right for me over the mous and keyboard now. I can't go back playing on a PC. Yes I know I can have a hand control and play on my big HDTV using a PC. So, why not just play on a console. The only thing would be the community MOD's and a game like ARMA2 not on a console yet.

yeah and cheap lol

My dear friend have you ever play OFP ELITE a PC port to console that play the same way with so minor changes to the overall control setup but the same gameplay.

Please understand that:

1. You cannot compare OFPE with a improbable A2 vers on consoles. The difference is HUGE, in terms of the power needed to run it(CPU/GPU/HDD stream), content available and size of it (models, textures, etc etc etc).

2. You have no evidence that A2 is even developed for consoles. Or OA for that matter. Yes, you can have your own ideas, and pray that BIS might be able to squeze such a game on a dated piece of gear such as xbox. Without an official answer you are making suppositions just like everyone else.

Please understand that:

1. You cannot compare OFPE with a improbable A2 vers on consoles. The difference is HUGE, in terms of the power needed to run it(CPU/GPU/HDD stream), content available and size of it (models, textures, etc etc etc).

2. You have no evidence that A2 is even developed for consoles. Or OA for that matter. Yes, you can have your own ideas, and pray that BIS might be able to squeze such a game on a dated piece of gear such as xbox. Without an official answer you are making suppositions just like everyone else.

Yes I do. I do have evidence but I will not give out the PMs again because this got me in some hot water with the MOD's. You can go read and you will see what I am talking about on the XBOX 360 thread.

Yes I do. I do have evidence but I will not give out the PMs again because this got me in some hot water with the MOD's. You can go read and you will see what I am talking about on the XBOX 360 thread.

Mke...knowing your way of posting, i will choose NOT to believe that...

Mke...knowing your way of posting, i will choose NOT to believe that...

What ever, I have never made things up or gave wrong infomation on this forum so I have no clue what your are trying to say with your quote.

I could not give a rats butt what you think. If you were a man and PM me I would have let you in on some information. Trying to call me out when I told you I got into some hot water with the MOD's and I gave you the thread to go see for yourself for that sir your are a jackass. Good day.