Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

AnimalMother92 Presents...

i must say, the tora bora mission is epic win.

I registered to say your missions are awesome and to encourage you to keep making new ones.

Can someone give me a link to the Steamroller 1.1 mission? I cound not find it anywhere.

v1.1 isn't finalized yet but should be soon :)

i must say, the tora bora mission is epic win.

cheers binko

I registered to say your missions are awesome and to encourage you to keep making new ones.

Thanks! That's very motivating. I'm finally back home so I'm gonna try and get some of the promised content released shortly :bounce3:

Your Campaign?

Low priority atm ;)

Anyways, here is an update to Steamroller..

Steamroller-2.jpg

===========================================

// Steamroller version 1.1 [sP/COOP-8]

// by AnimalMother92

// Original release - February 25 2011

// Latest release - July 3 2011

// Required addons

ArmA II: Combined Operations

ACE (Core, ACEX, ACEX_USNavy)

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Ongoing_Development

Zeus AI recommended

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8688

// Description

A USMC squad pushes into a mountainous killzone.

// Installation

Place PBO in either your arma 2 operation arrowhead\Missions or arma 2 operation arrowhead\MPMissions folder.

// Known issues

AI units have player's name, this is a side effect of forcing goggles onto them.

Please report any bugs @ http://dev-heaven.net/projects/anm-missions

// Credits

For a full list of acknowledgements, see:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/anm-missions/wiki/Credits

// Changelog

v1.1

Players and AI have goggles on them

Updated UPSMON

Various tweaks and enhancements

// ENJOY! Feedback appreciated.

http://tinyurl.com/AnimalMother92 (BIF)

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/anm-missions

http://steamcommunity.com/id/AM92

download_button.jpg

Hey AnimalMother,

Just played about 10 mintes of Crash and Grab, wow is all I can really say. The weather effects immerses you into the beauty at the same time feeling like you are in a horror movie. Awesome missions, keep it up!

Small problem, playing Crash and Grab mission (newest), before the first engagement near the AA site, the game freezes for about 20 seconds (right after a lightning strike), then the mission begins again. Seems to be no problem, but then when taking out the AA site, and then heading towards the pilot location, I see him running crazy through a field. I have to chase him, then he joins the squad.

Is he suppose to be confined somewhere or is the script have him running around in the mission. The long pause maybe sound related, I used JSRS sound mod and not ACE_SM.

Addons used:

-mod=@ACE -mod=@ACEX -mod=@cba -mod=@ZeusAI -

mod=@jsrs-w -mod=@jsrs-v -mod=@jsrs-vw -mod=@jsrs-e -mod=@WarFXParticles -mod=@Blastcore_Visuals

FIXED: Only using JSRS addon and not ACE_SM in conjunction.

sFxWlX8laVw

FIXED: Only using 6 files for Zeus AI (located in Zeus AI addon folder):

zeu_c_ai_recognition.pbo

zeu_c_ai_recognition.pbo.ZEU.bisign

zeu_c_ai_rof.pbo

zeu_c_ai_rof.pbo.ZEU.bisign

zeu_c_ai_skill.pbo

zeu_c_ai_skill.pbo.ZEU.bisign

GPJkjvel-W8

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks for any information in advance.

Edited by ranger1979

Certain components of ZeusAI override the stop commands on the pilot and can make him run around. The recommended Zeus setup with ACE can be found @ http://dev-heaven.net/projects/anm-missions/files and shouldn't cause that issue.

Never seen the sound error before, could be JSRS or WarFX related perhaps? Not sure.

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming :)

Animal,

Can you confirm these are the only files you have in your Zeus addon folder using ACE:

zeu_c_ai_recognition.pbo

zeu_c_ai_recognition.pbo.ZEU.bisign

zeu_c_ai_rof.pbo

zeu_c_ai_rof.pbo.ZEU.bisign

zeu_c_ai_skill.pbo

zeu_c_ai_skill.pbo.ZEU.bisign

If not which ones do you use?

Thanks in advance.

Those files should be fine to use, I believe it was either sysAI or FindCover that caused that problem.

Roger that, also only using JSRS without ACE_SM, no sound freeze this time. Man, that pilot location is tough! MEDIC!!!!

Certain components of ZeusAI override the stop commands on the pilot and can make him run around. The recommended Zeus setup with ACE can be found @ http://dev-heaven.net/projects/anm-missions/files and shouldn't cause that issue.

Never seen the sound error before, could be JSRS or WarFX related perhaps? Not sure.

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming :)

Animal, is the pilot suppose to be trapped in the POW area, or is he suppose to be free, just played again and he ran towards our squad, about 60 meters from the RV point "pilot".

He should be inside the POW area, but it's possible something could've been broken since I uploaded that version. I will probably release an update soon, that I've been sitting on for too long :p

I am a dumb***, was playing the C007 old version not the new ACE version of the mission, I apologize man. I d/led like 300 mp maps and the old one was included in the pack from six updater, did not scroll down far enough. I will test and follow-up, your missions rock, sorry again!

gDgDpx876pI

Confirmation, mission runs like a dream!

Me and Cobrabase attempt to rescue pilot.

rq8C8oBgD_8

Edited by ranger1979

Nice, glad to hear it. Intense vid as well :cool:

With the pilot, AI can often get stuck when crouched so generally telling him to stand and regroup should get him moving.

Thanks for the heads up, trying again tonight.

Nice, glad to hear it. Intense vid as well :cool:

With the pilot, AI can often get stuck when crouched so generally telling him to stand and regroup should get him moving.

I love your missions man, keep cranking them out. you should try and make a longer mission than your usual ones, see how it turns out. Most of them are pretty much Go from point A to point B to point C, which is fine but I would love to see the same epicness with a little more complexity than that.

I love your missions man, keep cranking them out. you should try and make a longer mission than your usual ones, see how it turns out. Most of them are pretty much Go from point A to point B to point C, which is fine but I would love to see the same epicness with a little more complexity than that.

Thanks, glad you enjoy 'em :)

Have you tried Hearts & Minds? I think that's the longest one I've put together.

another thankful user.

much obliged animal, very, very nice missions.

I have one question though, about Crash and Grab, that was bundled when I installed ace.

when me and my friends get to the pilot, and open the gates, he just runs somewhere and crouches behind a building. As teamleader I cant issue any orders, and with him being stubborn he always dies in the middle of firefights.

Its getting impossible to finish the mission, even after careful planing and when everything goes to plan, he doesnt want to do anything. At best he goes prone, crawls 5meters one way, then stands up, and gets killed, or repeat step 1, and then get killed.

we are using complete ace, with acre and asr ai mod.

are we doing anything wrong ??

regards

Hey, thanks for the report. It's been awhile since I've played thru it with everything up to date, but does he join your team at all? I know sometimes the AI glitch out without a weapon, so if you can try to get him one, or mess around with his combat mode/stance.

It's possible something may have broken and I'll have to fix it.

greetings Animal, thanks for the reply.

no, the pilot doesnt become part of the team. I cannot issue any orders, or give him any items.

happened three times now.

Hmm, interesting. I'll have to examine it when I get the chance. Have you tried it without ASR AI by any chance? Not sure if it might conflict.

Hi Animalmother, would it be possible that the finished part of FMJ campaign be released as SP missions? Just can't wait to enjoy your excellent work. Cheers:yay: