Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

AnimalMother92 Presents...

Dude!! How much longer must a man wait for another of your creations??

I know I know. Don't rush an artist at his canvas, but DUDE!;)

Heh, hopefully "soon" :o

I'm pretty close to finishing a handful of new missions as well as some nice updates to older ones. Just a few bits to wrap up.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15513

Thanks for loads of fun with these missions Animalmother92. I have some feedback for you.

In the mission Trapdoor, the Up-armored Humvees seem not to be available any longer. I found a similar release by NZXShadows, but I still get the "can't play or edit this mission" error message. What I could see of this mission seems incredible. I hope to be able to play it soon.

In Crash and Grab, I think the medic is possibly missing medical items. When ordered to heal a troop, he moves to the guy but does nothing. I immediately thought the "pistol bug" but when I switch to the medic myself, the options to heal are greyed out. Since no one else has mentioned this, either I have done something wrong, or ACE has updated something that broke the medics in your missions.

Thanks again, and keep up the good work.

Khugan

Thanks for the feedback. Could you tell me more about the situation? Running Combined Ops I assume with latest ACE? If you're playing the old stable versions of Crash & Grab and Trapdoor (the ones linked in the first post and on Armaholic) then those are rather out of date (pre-OA).

Have you tried the 2.0 Beta versions of those missions from Dev-Heaven?

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/anm-missions/files

Those should be more compatible but there's also a possibility things have been broken since I uploaded those. That should definitely solve the Trapdoor issue as the newer build doesn't need that addon. I'm in the process of updating all the old missions fully. :)

Roger that' I was using correct ACE version but not correct mission version on Trapdoor.

As far as the medic in Crash and Grab, I think that was me not being so familiar with ACE medicine. Apparently you heal yourself (bleeding/morphine) but your icon remains red when you have been injured? If so, when the medic gets to you there is nothing to do really? I'm still a bit confused on this, but I'll get used to it.

Trapdoor is a blast!!

Steamroller-1.jpg

It's been too long...anyways, the day after my birthday I bring you a new singleplayer/coop mission for Combined Operations. Have fun, feedback and suggestions appreciated as always!

// Steamroller version 1.0 (Singleplayer/Coop-8)

// by AnimalMother92

// 2.25.11

// Required addons

ArmA II: Combined Operations

ACE (Core, ACEX, ACEX_USNavy)

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Ongoing_Development

Zeus AI recommended

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8688

// Description

A USMC squad pushes into a mountainous killzone.

// Installation

Place PBO in either your arma 2 operation arrowhead\Missions or arma 2 operation arrowhead\MPMissions folder.

// Known issues

None at this time.

Please report any bugs @ http://dev-heaven.net/projects/anm-missions

// Credits

Special thanks to Binkowski, Enad, Kristian and JDMT.

Also, thanks to OFPEC and everyone that's tested or helped out with ideas and feedback.

+ Big thank you to MadDogX for making the goggle resource.

===========================================

// ENJOY! Feedback appreciated.

http://tinyurl.com/AnimalMother92

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/anm-missions

http://steamcommunity.com/id/AM92

===========================================

download_button.jpg

news_donwload_oa_4.png

DH Wiki updated:

Wondering if these are worth your time?

Testimonials

Had fun? Pay for my Red Bull supply^^

Donate

PS -

Thanks to the guys from the 97th RR for helping me test this out!

I've also updated every single one of my old missions with lots of new features, fixes and enhancements. Listed as "BETA" files, check 'em out :cool:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/anm-missions/files

Edited by AnimalMother92
Armaholic link

A good, simple mission, bud.

Never felt like I had bitten off more than I could chew, although using my support element (DMR + 240) up on the high ground was a damned good idea. No friendly casualties, though I got winged once and had to patch myself up.

EDIT - Ran through Hind In Sight and Pest Control today, too.

Hind In Sight was also a good mission, if not for the fact that I executed it pretty much 105% awesomely. Started off toward the objective and bumped into the Russian patrol making its way along the track. Bumped off a few M433s, popped smoke and withdrew like any good SF unit. The enemy didn't know what hit 'em - we didn't get a single round fired back at us.

Following this, I did a massive flank to the southwest through the woods, which took some time, and popped up again near the farmhouse, with good eyes on the Kord and SAM emplacement. Set up the support element on the slope of the hill after ID'ing all the enemy troops I could through the thermal scope, and kept the maneuver element slightly south, consisting of the demo expert, grenadier and rifleloon behind me in file. Initiated contact, got the support element to put an AT4 into the Hind to clip its wings, and pissbolted northeast along the line of bushes separating the fields. Support element almost got flanked at one stage, but I saw it from afar and slotted the bloke before he could get in behind them. Reached the Hind's nest, told the 240 gunner to suppress the enemy taking cover near the command tent and set up the maneuver element on the southwest side of the cleared helipad. I then ran in, dropped the satchel under one of the Hind's pylons and called the maneuver element back with me. We slipped away behind the other element over the hill, and I touched off the charge. Perfect.

The only issue I had was that I had originally given all but 2 of the guys silenced weapons, but you must have some kind of loadout script working on init, because none of the changes I made were saved (i.e. everyone had the normal loadout on mission start).

Pest Control was also entertaining. Set up my 240 and DMR in the wooded outcrop near the track to the southwest, where they inflicted great suffering upon the hapless guerillas. The LBs proved quite entertaining, but whether or not they actually hit anything with their miniguns is another story. Still, kept the enemy down for the most part. The mission ground to a halt a couple of times when I tried to rearm my boys (note: not enough ammo given at the start, especially for the SAW and 240), and for a while there I set the lads up into all round defence and just shot anything that moved while trying to equip the AI with enemy weapons. The biggest problem I had was an ACE issue - I ended up with two blokes having their legs shot out from under them, and had to carry them one at a time to the extract LZ. Otherwise, it ran well, the objectives worked, and it was thoroughly enjoyable.

Cool bananas. MOAR plz.

Edited by CameronMcDonald

Steamroller,

Again, a great mission from you. I'm having a problem loading a saved game though. When ever I load one the player can not move from his spot and the other views aren't working. I thought it may be my batteries but I changed and still no go. I'm not playing with anything else except Blastcore and JTD fire and smoke.

Happy belated birthday!

Any possibilities to get steamroller without ace and addons?

Would like to try it.

Great mission AnimalMother! It was pleasure testing this out with you.

Edited by ArmAddict

EDIT - Ran through Hind In Sight and Pest Control today, too.

Hind In Sight was also a good mission, if not for the fact that I executed it pretty much 105% awesomely. Started off toward the objective and bumped into the Russian patrol making its way along the track. Bumped off a few M433s, popped smoke and withdrew like any good SF unit. The enemy didn't know what hit 'em - we didn't get a single round fired back at us.

Following this, I did a massive flank to the southwest through the woods, which took some time, and popped up again near the farmhouse, with good eyes on the Kord and SAM emplacement. Set up the support element on the slope of the hill after ID'ing all the enemy troops I could through the thermal scope, and kept the maneuver element slightly south, consisting of the demo expert, grenadier and rifleloon behind me in file. Initiated contact, got the support element to put an AT4 into the Hind to clip its wings, and pissbolted northeast along the line of bushes separating the fields. Support element almost got flanked at one stage, but I saw it from afar and slotted the bloke before he could get in behind them. Reached the Hind's nest, told the 240 gunner to suppress the enemy taking cover near the command tent and set up the maneuver element on the southwest side of the cleared helipad. I then ran in, dropped the satchel under one of the Hind's pylons and called the maneuver element back with me. We slipped away behind the other element over the hill, and I touched off the charge. Perfect.

The only issue I had was that I had originally given all but 2 of the guys silenced weapons, but you must have some kind of loadout script working on init, because none of the changes I made were saved (i.e. everyone had the normal loadout on mission start).

Pest Control was also entertaining. Set up my 240 and DMR in the wooded outcrop near the track to the southwest, where they inflicted great suffering upon the hapless guerillas. The LBs proved quite entertaining, but whether or not they actually hit anything with their miniguns is another story. Still, kept the enemy down for the most part. The mission ground to a halt a couple of times when I tried to rearm my boys (note: not enough ammo given at the start, especially for the SAW and 240), and for a while there I set the lads up into all round defence and just shot anything that moved while trying to equip the AI with enemy weapons. The biggest problem I had was an ACE issue - I ended up with two blokes having their legs shot out from under them, and had to carry them one at a time to the extract LZ. Otherwise, it ran well, the objectives worked, and it was thoroughly enjoyable.

Cool bananas. MOAR plz.

Great feedback mate, glad you enjoyed 'em, hope you get some time to test out the others. :)

Re: Hind in Sight

About the gear issue. At first I was a bit confused by this as I've only ever had problems with gear selection in MP, however I went and tested it out and I'm pretty damn sure that I've discovered the cause. I believe it has to do with "gear overflow" preventing the loadout change from working (in this case, too much medical stuff). When I went to test this it worked for me for every unit except the Corpsman. Upon further inspection, the Corpsman was the only unit that I hadn't fixed up the medical gear loadout for. Once I corrected it I was able to change his loadout in the briefing as well. Were you running v1.0 or v1.1?

Re: Pest Control

Yeah the AI love to chew through ammo with their MGs. I'd given the AR and MG units 900 rounds each iirc and even put some more in their backpacks (if you try v2.1). If only the AH6s had some splash damage from their miniguns, things would be more interesting ;)

About the wounding, the medic has 8 medkits to get units back on their feet, after that it's up to you to carry them to 'da choppa' while humming epic music.

Steamroller,

Again, a great mission from you. I'm having a problem loading a saved game though. When ever I load one the player can not move from his spot and the other views aren't working. I thought it may be my batteries but I changed and still no go. I'm not playing with anything else except Blastcore and JTD fire and smoke.

Happy belated birthday!

Quite honestly I never really use save games, but I will try to repro this.

Glad you liked the mission.

Any possibilities to get steamroller without ace and addons?

Would like to try it.

Sorry, but ACE will always be a requirement. I really recommend you give it a shot :thumbsup:

Great mission AnimalMother! It was pleasure testing this out with you.

Thanks, it was great fun playing with your unit!

Happy Birthady Animal^^

About the wounding, the medic has 8 medkits to get units back on their feet, after that it's up to you to carry them to 'da choppa' while humming epic music.

Ah, so that's what those do. How the heck do you get the AI medic to use 'em? Irrelevant, I know, but the ole select-heal-action-for-the-medic-with-6 only causes him to stand near the injured person (I spose ACE removes the action) and follow them around until I reassign him.

Were you running v1.0 or v1.1?

Pretty sure it was 1.1... I grabbed all the missions at once. It's not a gamebreaker, but I dunno, I'll see if I can't repro it.

...and where's the damned snow mission? >:|

Ah, so that's what those do. How the heck do you get the AI medic to use 'em? Irrelevant, I know, but the ole select-heal-action-for-the-medic-with-6 only causes him to stand near the injured person (I spose ACE removes the action) and follow them around until I reassign him.
AI completely automatically handles medkits, bandages, epi & morph ;-)

...and where's the damned snow mission? >:|

Oh, you mean Snow Leopards? :wink_o:

Yeah, uh, it's "WIP".

arma2oa_2011_01_25_21_02_08_64.jpg

arma2oa_2011_01_25_21_03_11_10.jpg

arma2oa_2011_01_25_21_03_48_24.jpg

arma2oa_2011_01_25_21_04_06_85.jpg

Guess I should finish it one of these days...

Hi Animal, my Squad played your Hearts and Minds Mission yesterday and noticed some things that could be improved.

-Earplugs for the MG gunners

-Some better Wound System or Revive?

Hi Tonci, do you happen to know which version of the mission you were you running?

Earplugs should be inserted automatically for units that need them at mission start.

As for the wounds, could you elaborate on what you're looking for? I'm using ACE wounds and all the SF units are full medics. There is group respawn, but I have no plans to implement revive.

? Well that must be an older Version on our Server.... I´ll check it out

Thanks AnimalMother92 i've had a great time playing your missions.I really liked your latest mission Steamroller it's very immersive.

Thanks AnimalMother92 i've had a great time playing your missions.I really liked your latest mission Steamroller it's very immersive.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it :)

finish snow mission. now.

finish marsoc units. now.

then realise?

Yup, I'm wrapping it up and will try to release it shortly after the ACE 1.10 Stable.

Just *have* to compliment on these missions. I've not played all of them, but me and my buddies have played most (and not beaten a single one, fyi), and it's some of the most (if not *the* most) well made missions I've ever played for ArmA2.

They run like a charm, provide fantastic fire fights, the settings and feeling is awesome, and there's a long enough distance from start to target build up the tension without becoming a bore.

Just *have* to compliment on these missions. I've not played all of them, but me and my buddies have played most (and not beaten a single one, fyi), and it's some of the most (if not *the* most) well made missions I've ever played for ArmA2.

They run like a charm, provide fantastic fire fights, the settings and feeling is awesome, and there's a long enough distance from start to target build up the tension without becoming a bore.

Thanks Inko!

Glad to hear it :)

A mission on Chill's excellent ToraBora map, inspired by the following...

EFnghv88cBg

"That Others May Live"

ThatOthersMayLive.jpg

Screen by Enad

Edited by AnimalMother92

AnimalMother92 I am wait you mission Snow Leopards and USAF Combat Search and Rescue PJ Parajumper when release ?

Unfortunately I haven't had much time for mission editing lately, finishing up my first year at university at the moment.

I should have time to work on them in mid-June, but I don't like to rush things ;)