Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

AnimalMother92 Presents...

Yes.

Just finished "Reaper" and enjoyed the hell out of that.

the UAV was amazing and I think this was the first time for me to actually see it in action and ANY mission of all the missions and campaigns I've played so far.

Thanks for that!

Now, you've got another beta out.

Question.........are you combining these for an upcoming campaign? Because "Reaper can make a good Intro first mission are a second mission....

Man! Thanks for your hard work. Guys like you make this game what it really is all about!

Just finished "Reaper" and enjoyed the hell out of that.

the UAV was amazing and I think this was the first time for me to actually see it in action and ANY mission of all the missions and campaigns I've played so far.

Thanks for that!

Great! :)

Now, you've got another beta out.

Question.........are you combining these for an upcoming campaign? Because "Reaper can make a good Intro first mission are a second mission....

Man! Thanks for your hard work. Guys like you make this game what it really is all about!

Ehhh, not planned at the moment, but I may do something similar in the future.

Hind in Sight has now left Beta and since you were all too lazy to report any issues I was forced to make some up and ruin improve the mission.

HindinSight-1.jpg

Hind in Sight version 1.0 (Singleplayer/Coop-7)

by AnimalMother92

9/13/10

1. Required addons

ArmA II: Combined Operations

ACE2 (Core and ACEX)

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Ongoing_Development

Zeus AI recommended

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8688

2. Description

MARSOC operators raid a helicopter supply base.

3. Installation

Place PBO in either your arma 2 operation arrowhead\Missions or arma 2 operation arrowhead\MPMissions folder.

4. Known issues

None at this time.

Please report any bugs @ http://dev-heaven.net/projects/anm-missions

5. Credits

Special thanks to Binkowski, Enad, Kristian and JDMT.

Also, thanks to OFPEC and everyone that's tested or helped out with ideas and feedback.

ENJOY!

http://tinyurl.com/AnimalMother92

Featuring random starting locations, nasty weather, angry Russians and a whole lot more.

download_button.jpg

news_donwload_oa_4.png

More to follow shortly...

Edited by AnimalMother92
Armaholic mirror

I got about 3/4 of the way to the main objective until my game crashed, but it was a lot of fun. Minor things (that are mainly alterable by the user though):

-One of the AI doesn't come with a weapon, only ammo (fixable of course in briefing)

-Player, as team leader, should be equipped with binocs

Again, I realize these are all things easily fixable by equipping at mission briefing.

Also, at one point during the mission I switched to another player (to go rearm somewhere) and I couldn't switch back to being team leader. I don't know if this is maybe some kind of control I'm just missing though.

All in all it was very fun and immersive, and moderately hard. Hopefully I can get all the way through without crashing the next time I try!

Edited by MetalMike

I got about 3/4 of the way to the main objective until my game crashed, but it was a lot of fun. Minor things (that are mainly alterable by the user though):

-One of the AI doesn't come with a weapon, only ammo (fixable of course in briefing)

-Player, as team leader, should be equipped with binocs

Again, I realize these are all things easily fixable by equipping at mission briefing.

Also, at one point during the mission I switched to another player (to go rearm somewhere) and I couldn't switch back to being team leader. I don't know if this is maybe some kind of control I'm just missing though.

All in all it was very fun and immersive, and moderately hard. Hopefully I can get all the way through without crashing the next time I try!

Hey thanks for the reports.

Could you double check that your ACE and ACEX versions are up to date? (ACE:394, ACEX:269). Some of the units use rather new gear so it's likely that is why one was missing a gun for you (most likely #7 with the M27 IAR). I'm certain I equipped them all with weapons. Also, the team leader has a thermal monocular which can be accessed thru the action menu, though that was added rather recently as well.

About teamswitch, is it possible that the team leader was killed while you were another unit? Then command would fall to a different AI. You should be able to select between all playable units by pressing T, or flip thru them all with Y and U.

Again thanks for the feedback and let me know if you find anything else. :)

these are the only missions approved for rebl rage servers.

All Rebl Men Attack Immigrant Insurgents.

---

Some pictures of a WIP mission to construct snowmen and make snow angels deep inside enemy territory.

gmdoJ.jpg

gmfTS.jpg

gmio0.jpg

gmkT9.jpg

gmnni.jpg

Thanks to MadDogX for making the screen overlay!

With the release of ACE 1.5 Stable for OA/CO, you can find the latest versions of my missions bundled in

\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@ACE\store\mpmissions.tar

• co@07_Crash_and_Grab.Chernarus
  • co@07_Hind_in_Sight.Chernarus
  • co@08_Reaper.Takistan
  • co@08_Trapdoor.Chernarus
  • co@10_Guerrilla_Radio.Chernarus
  • co@10_Hearts_and_Minds.Chernarus
  • co@10_Pest_Control.Chernarus

I'm not sure how much time I'll have in the future to continue working on Arma projects, as I've just started at Uni, and that takes priority. But we'll see...:cool:

We played Hind in Sight and enjoyed it. Fun mission! Good fog, good amount of enemy.

We ran into one issue:

1. The medic didn't heal anyone, he would move over to the wounded but wouldn't heal.

so your new winter mission looks a lot like that mission in bad company 2 where you couldn't stay out in the cold for too long, or you'd die. nice..

We played Hind in Sight and enjoyed it. Fun mission! Good fog, good amount of enemy.

We ran into one issue:

1. The medic didn't heal anyone, he would move over to the wounded but wouldn't heal.

Hmmm, possibly an ACE glitch? What versions were you guys/the server running? It's possible that the medic might have run out of medical equipment as well. Every player should have med gear though, so you should be able to order any unit to Heal thru thru the 6 menu. Let me know if it is reproducible :)

Other than that, glad you enjoyed it.

so your new winter mission looks a lot like that mission in bad company 2 where you couldn't stay out in the cold for too long, or you'd die. nice..

Yup, "Snowblind". That's what I'm basing it off. Stay tuned...

I3PTrOOd_ds

We were running the mission on our dedi. The dedi and our client versions of ACE are BUILD 401. I did check to make sure the medic had supplies so that was not the issue.

We have uploaded Reaper and we are going to play that one next. THanks for the missions!

Who made that music at the first of the mission?

We were running the mission on our dedi. The dedi and our client versions of ACE are BUILD 401. I did check to make sure the medic had supplies so that was not the issue.

Interesting, I haven't encountered that, but I'll try to repro.

We have uploaded Reaper and we are going to play that one next. THanks for the missions!

Great, let me know how it goes. I would recommend running the 1.1 beta version instead of v1.0. It fixes and adds a lot. It's the newer build on Dev Heaven or in the ACE store.

v1.1

No longer needs Tier One operators

Added UAV radio communications

Improved loadouts

Improved gear selection

Fixed some UAV bugs

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/7963/Reaper_v1-1_BETA.7z

Who made that music at the first of the mission?

In Hind in Sight? It's from BIS, the track name escapes me at the moment though. It's "05: Warpath" from Arma 2.

Edited by AnimalMother92

Interesting, I haven't encountered that, but I'll try to repro.

Great, let me know how it goes. I would recommend running the 1.1 beta version instead of v1.0. It fixes and adds a lot. It's the newer build on Dev Heaven or in the ACE store.

v1.1

No longer needs Tier One operators

Added UAV radio communications

Improved loadouts

Improved gear selection

Fixed some UAV bugs

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/7963/Reaper_v1-1_BETA.7z

In Hind in Sight? It's from BIS, the track name escapes me at the moment though. It's "05: Warpath" from Arma 2.

Thanks for the update, I am going to look for that track!

AnimalMother92

What with your company - Full Metal Jacket ???

Thanks for the update, I am going to look for that track!

One of my favs from A2's OST for sure.

AnimalMother92

What with your company - Full Metal Jacket ???

Do you mean what happened to my campaign? Well, I got tired of it so I'm not working on it right now but I may finish it someday if the demand is there and I have the time.

;)

MWqSKzKzQu4

i like it. if you get cutscenes like that in the campaign, i will be rather envious.

i like it. if you get cutscenes like that in the campaign, i will be rather envious.

Actually, it's a lot more likely now. From today's news about the upcoming DLC and improvements to OA: "Numerous new engine upgrades, including full Shotgun Ballistics Modelling and in-game Video Playback"

If that's what it sounds like, then I could just throw some externally-edited movie files into the campaign for cut scenes rather than having to fiddle around excessively with camera.sqs (one of the main reasons for the delay).

Exactly, thanks Bink. Sadly, vanilla pilot AI is a bit silly. I can probably adjust their flight route so that they have time to gain altitude before reaching any trees. For now, use VFTCAS (it's just a good mod to have enabled anyways). I really hope BIS does something about the piloting AI in the future though.

No longer requires VFTCAS to my knowledge, now the pilots will actually clear the trees at the airfield and fly to the LZ. Let me know if they encounter problems anywhere else. I've been relying on VFTCAS too much I suppose, since it fixes a critical flaw in Arma 2.

FYI, in some cases, addons can be converted into mission scripts, because they aren't doing anything special. For example, the VFTCAS really has no purpose as an 'addon' other than ease of use. It's config.cpp simply runs the script on all helicopters present in the game world. For a mission author such as yourself, I suggest to unpbo VFTCAS and grab the tfr.sqf, which is the meat and potatos. Put that in your mission, in a VFTCAS folder, and call it in the heli init like

_ret = this execVM "VFTCAS\tfr.sqf"

Here's a rather extreme demo to show what I mean: http://www.506th-pir.org/scripts/oktane/VFTCASdemo_script_version.Chernarus.pbo.7z

You can adjust the wp's to TRY to get them to bash into the mountain, but the two OPFOR hinds with VFTCAS will be very difficult to crash. The civvie one without it tends to crash at the very top, rather than into the rocks surprisingly. (BIS has improved it a bit but not as good as VFTCAS) The cliff is so extreme that in some cases (it's random) that when VFTCAS needs to kick in really hard, the chopper goes hauling ass upwards.

Love these small missions. Only issues I had in the Radio one were:

-Last AI guy did not want to get in the damn chopper at base, could have been user error, I think he ended up getting in the gun.. It's like there is one guy too many for the back seats.

-The chopper not landing at the LZ.. it hovered. I had to tell an AI guy to 'disembark' which of course forces the chopper to land.

-The chopper that picks you up wouldn't fly to base, it just hovered over the extraction point. I manually debug setpos'd it back to base so the mission would end(always want to see if there's any ending), and the damn guy flew back to the extraction point! So I setpos'd it again and did the disembark trick. :D

May have just been beta issues, I was using the beta. The difficulty in that mission was perfect though! Anyone who goes head on into the forest, up the road should be shot anyways. Flank the radio, use trees to support your weapon(esp with MG), and you're in for a good yet winnable fight with minimal casualties. The only issue there was the AI being wounded over and over, kept having to revive him. Most of all I like that you are not given access to a magical weapons box with 200 guns in it, and grass was left on. Some C4 or Wirecutters would be nice for the dual fence, as well as earplugs.

Cheers

Thanks for the great feedback and info oktane :)

Guerrilla Radio has always been my 'bug ho' mission sadly, but I've reworked a lot of things since the last release, so hopefully it'll go a bit more smoothly. Good idea on the C4, I've added some to the #2 unit and also into the cargo space of the insertion chopper. Also, everyone's earplugs should be inserted automatically (if you're using the 2.0 beta of the mission). Glad you enjoy not having weapon boxes as that's never really appealed to me either, I take great care with the loadouts ;)

Thanks again.

PestControl.jpg

PMJqKLLwPG8

Pest Control finally makes its way to OA. For extra fun, play with BD Tracer Lights.
// Pest Control version 2.0 (Singleplayer/Coop-10)

// by AnimalMother92

// 10.29.10

// Required addons

ArmA II: Combined Operations

ACE (Core and ACEX)

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Ongoing_Development

Zeus AI recommended

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8688

// Description

Airborne troops are sent to comb Gorka for enemy caches.

// Installation

Place PBO in either your arma 2 operation arrowhead\Missions or arma 2 operation arrowhead\MPMissions folder.

// Known issues

None at this time.

Please report any bugs @ http://dev-heaven.net/projects/anm-missions

// Credits

Special thanks to Binkowski, Enad, Kristian and JDMT.

Also, thanks to OFPEC and everyone that's tested or helped out with ideas and feedback.

// Changelog

v2.0

Combined Ops support

Added custom loading screen

AI will turn on their IR strobes and lasers

ACE stamina system disabled

Improved briefing

Added unique tasks for pilots

Added ACE spectator system for MP

Briefing works after respawn in MP

New loadouts including Burst-fire M4s

Earplugs work after respawn/teamswitch

Removed long extraction

Updated patrol scripts

Improved overview

Added multiple caches hidden in random locations

===========================================

// ENJOY! Feedback appreciated.

http://tinyurl.com/AnimalMother92

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/anm-missions

http://steamcommunity.com/id/AM92

===========================================

download_button.jpg

news_donwload_oa_4.png

Edited by AnimalMother92
armaholic

Hmm I wonder whos screenshot that is...?

I've got several new missions in the works which I hope to release in the coming months, after my relaxing holiday without Arma.

Dude!! How much longer must a man wait for another of your creations??

I know I know. Don't rush an artist at his canvas, but DUDE!;)

Thanks for loads of fun with these missions Animalmother92. I have some feedback for you.

In the mission Trapdoor, the Up-armored Humvees seem not to be available any longer. I found a similar release by NZXShadows, but I still get the "can't play or edit this mission" error message. What I could see of this mission seems incredible. I hope to be able to play it soon.

In Crash and Grab, I think the medic is possibly missing medical items. When ordered to heal a troop, he moves to the guy but does nothing. I immediately thought the "pistol bug" but when I switch to the medic myself, the options to heal are greyed out. Since no one else has mentioned this, either I have done something wrong, or ACE has updated something that broke the medics in your missions.

Thanks again, and keep up the good work.

Khugan