Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

AnimalMother92 Presents...

Animalmother, I'm playing your missions in combination with ACE, GL4 ................. Many, many thanks for making these missions.

Dude, you trying to bring tears to my eyes?

Just remember.....I cry tears of lava because I'm a manly man!

Wow, I'm touched, really :D

Thanks guys. That is quite an epic tale Cannon Fodder, inspires me to keep making more missions. I've never actually tried GL4, but I might have to now..

It's great to hear people have fun with these :thumbsup:

Animalmother,

I'm about to embark on your Crash and Grab mission.

I was wonder why you favored Zeus over GL4 and SLX for this mission.

I'm not trying to put you on the spot or anything, but I find understanding all the AI mods a bit confusing at times and why people choose this one over that one..blah blah blah..... and a person with your experience may have some advice on that.

Thanks.

Sorry, last thing:

I can't get Crash and Grab to load. Keep getting 'down-loadable content deleted ace_c_gear

I'm using AddonSync 2009 @ Kellys Hero's as the server and have noticed ace_c_man_gear....pbo/bikey

Any help you can give on that?

Thanks.....in the mean time PEST CONTROL..........HERE I COME!!

Edited by Kommiekat

The reason I recommend Zeus is because I find it makes the firefights last longer and makes them more exciting. ZeusAI + ACE = an excellent combination that makes for aggressive and clever AI. As to why I don't use GL4 or SLX is because they are both more "bulky" than Zeus. I don't want to force too many addons or negatively affect gameplay for people that don't use those mods. Zeus is "recommended" because it is not necessary and you're not missing out on any big features by not using it. All the missions will run just fine without it. It's like recommending WarFX or HiFi sound mod - it simply contributes to the enjoyment of the game in my opinion. Also, make sure you properly tweak your AI settings as described in the ZeusAI thread for maximum enjoyment. Hope that explains my reasoning. :)

Now, regarding the Crash and Grab error. I believe that is because the mission (as you can see by the date of the last update) is from an old version of ACE. If I recall they changed some pbo names and so I wouldn't be surprised if that problem affects some of my older stuff. I should probably release updates for the older ones, now that you mention that...

Oh, and any feedback on Pest Control is appreciated.

Oh, and any feedback on Pest Control is appreciated.

Thanks so much for your explanations. Very clear and straightforward.

About Pest Control:

I found two things.....

#1. After getting off the copter, when using the disembark command, about 3 of my squad members are still on and the copter rises about 50 meters. They get a real nasty landing, though nothing bone breaking so far.

To bypass it, I give the Disembark command first before I get off. Seems to work.

#2. Found the ammo cache. Blew it to hell. Blew the trucks nearby to hell. Nothing.

To bypass that, I put down a satchel at the Orange marker (nothing is present there mind you) and the Task is successful.

I think I need to really tweak the Zeus AI settings because lots of the enemy where simply running around and making easy pickings. Plus I was playing on Normal.

Again, thanks for all your efforts!:)

Thanks so much for your explanations. Very clear and straightforward.

No prob.

#1. After getting off the copter, when using the disembark command, about 3 of my squad members are still on and the copter rises about 50 meters. They get a real nasty landing, though nothing bone breaking so far.

To bypass it, I give the Disembark command first before I get off. Seems to work.

Hmmm, never had that before. Chopper touches down, player is forced out, then I issue the disembark command. I'll look into it more.

#2. Found the ammo cache. Blew it to hell. Blew the trucks nearby to hell. Nothing.

To bypass that, I put down a satchel at the Orange marker (nothing is present there mind you) and the Task is successful.

Also odd. The marker isn't on the cache itself because the intel only points the the probable location of the enemy weapons. The target is the vehicle ammo crate itself. One satchel should do the trick on it. I'm using an "!alive" trigger on it so the objectives in the village should be done once the town is clear and the ammo crate is dead.

I think I need to really tweak the Zeus AI settings because lots of the enemy where simply running around and making easy pickings. Plus I was playing on Normal.

Probably, take a look through the 1st post here. Also keep in mind that the enemy do not have NVGs, so your team has an advantage.

I recommend ACE + ZeusAI on Veteran difficulty for a good challenging game :thumbsup:

Also, are there any other mods you were running at the time? Those might be causing the conflicts you mentioned and so I wouldn't of caught them in testing. Thanks.

I had the same thing in Pest Control, none of my AI would disembark (mission running on a Linux dedicated server). Apart from that little niggle (we don't much like playing with AI anyway) it was very enjoyable and atmospheric mission. Thanks!

As far as I know it's a case of the AI being silly in coop. Say you have humans pick slots #1, #4 and #7. When the chopper touches down, the AI are expecting #1 to get out, then #2, #3 and so on. But if the humans all jump out together, then the AI freak out and refuse to disembark. You can force them out by Spacebar->6->1 to make them eject when the helo is on the ground. It's always worked fine for me in SP, but I have seen that odd behavior happen in coop in various cases.

I really enjoyed Pest Control. I'm on to Hearts and Minds next. Thanks for the missions!

Hello all, I've got this week off from school, so I've had a chance to really get to work on the campaign. I hope to make good progress while I have the chance. So I figured I'd toss some more information out there...

Some quick pics:

arma22010-04-0601-56-10-73.jpg

arma22010-04-0601-58-02-02.jpg

arma22010-04-0601-59-20-62.jpg

arma22010-04-0602-01-45-72.jpg

arma22010-04-0602-19-14-75.jpg

The tentative mission titles:

"Oh-Dark-Thirty"

"The Green Machine"

"CSAR"

"Hammer Time"

"Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned"

"Hard Charger"

"Escape and Evade"

"The Shorttimers"

Still very WIP, but I'm optimistic about it, so stay tuned.

~

Regarding other missions, I still plan to update them, especially those with the ace gear error. I'm just adding some cool things first..

Thanks!

Edited by AnimalMother92

Just Played, Fantastic Work Animal, kept me enthrulled for a long time, many thanks

CrashandGrab-1.jpg

Download

Crash and Grab version 1.3 (Singleplayer/Coop-7)

by AnimalMother92

4/7/10

1. Required addons

ACE2 (Core and ACEX)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8601

Zeus AI recommended

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8688

2. Description

US special forces extract a downed pilot from an enemy camp.

3. Installation

Place PBO in either your arma2\Missions or arma2\MPMissions folder.

4. Known issues

Please report any bugs to me via PM @ forums.bistudio.com "AnimalMother92"

5. Credits

Thanks to Kristian, Binkowski, JDMT, OFPEC and BIS.

6. Changelog

v1.3

No longer needs ADuke's Helo Pack

Added new intro for SP only

New overview

Added low fog effects

Forced overcast sky and heavy rain

Moved LZ

Added mission complete key

Replaced hints with chatter

Tweaked some objective triggers

Added some group IDs

Added Mk 262 ammo

Added some HK416s

Added class descriptions for MP lobby

Replaced BIS Injury System with ACE Wounding System

Added ACE AI chatter/vehicle radio modules

ENJOY!

I've updated Crash & Grab to version 1.3, adding some new things and reducing required addons. This will also fix the ACE gear error that affected the previous version.

Edited by AnimalMother92

Hello all, I've got this week off from school, so I've had a chance to really get to work on the campaign.

Dude, you should seriously consider making missions and campaigns full time.

Forget about school. It sucks. Drop out. I mean look what it did for Timothy Leary and Bill Gates!!:eek:

All ya need is a toilet seat in front of your computer and an IV bag full of nutrients and you're set to go!!

Go for it, duders!;)

ok, so i just had the chance to try out some of your missions and i sadly have to say that they are all of the same bad quality :(:(:(

i expected so much more but i was dissapointed. No i will have to go back to Bf2 :(

well actually i am joking. You made some sweet missions for mp there ;)

Edited by Johannes

lulz thnx Johnny ^^

Cheers to Enad for taking some "Nice..." pictures during a MP session of Crash & Grab!

Tq5jS.jpg

Tqugi.jpg

aVFSGd9.png

aVFSweA.png

TqrM9.jpg

us rebls gotta stick together.

haters gonna hate.

Hey bink can you make multicam us army.. plzq//!?!

So if all goes well, and assuming I'm not hit by bus (hence why I don't plan on leaving the house), then my campaign should be released on 6/8/10.

(That's June 8th, 2010 just to make sure you Europeans didn't think it was going to be August 6th ;) )

fmj_camp-1.jpg

...and back to the basement.

-Animal

Nice one, man! I look forward to it! :D

So if all goes well, and assuming I'm not hit by bus (hence why I don't plan on leaving the house), then my campaign should be released on 6/8/10.

(That's June 8th, 2010 just to make sure you Europeans didn't think it was going to be August 6th ;) )

l

Hey dude,

My B-day is the 6th of June. Just think, you could have my B-present ready and no wrapping required:rolleyes:

sUVvJ.jpg

DOWNLOAD

Crash & Grab version 1.4 (Singleplayer/Coop-7)

by AnimalMother92

5/21/10

1. Required addons

ACE2 (Core and ACEX)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8601

Zeus AI recommended

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8688

2. Description

US special forces extract a downed pilot from an enemy camp.

3. Installation

Place PBO in either your arma2\Missions or arma2\MPMissions folder.

4. Known issues

None at this time.

Please report any bugs to me via PM @ forums.bistudio.com "AnimalMother92"

5. Credits

Special thanks to Binkowski, Enad, and Kristian.

Also, thanks to OFPEC and everyone that's tested or helped out with ideas and feedback.

6. Changelog

v1.4

ACE stamina system disabled

Added more checkpoints and defenses

Added alarms when gun fire is detected

Added enemy quick reaction force

Added ACE spectator system for MP

Briefing works after respawn in MP

Improved overview

Edited by AnimalMother92

WIP Images of FMJ Campaign:

kLmKi.jpg