Sign in to follow this  
DodgeCity

Can anyone help?

Hi everyone, please forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong area; I am really desperate, and don't know what to do.

If i am shot in a domination revive, I simply look at the sky and no one can revive me, nor do i get the menu to execute any sort of command on my character. the entire keyboard and mouse have no effect on the game, except for ALT-CTRL-DEL and force the game to shut. Have reinstalled multiple times, added all patches and fixes, and it still happens to me on the domination revive maps. If I try an Evolution revive map, i can respawn at base, but once i have died once, all my actions have no effect on the game. If I shoot at an NPc they simply ignore me.

It is so disappointing. All my friends like to play the revive modes, but I can't take part. I love this game...it is so disheartening.

Does anyone have any clues on what I can do to fix this problem? All other modes work, such as the sealz maps etc. Just the revive maps stuff me up...

i'm not sure where the problem may be but it may be that you maybe have a conflict with certain mods if you have them installed. The vanilla install of arma2 does not come with norrins revive functionality, so just make sure you have the latest mission pbos and any additional addons they may require to play them.

hope that helps

Sorry I cannot give you an answer for this, but I can point you to a thread on our forums, because one of our members suffers from similiar issues.

His problem is less severe once he switched off his IP suppliers firewall. Though not completely gone.

Anyway here is the thread, so that it might help narrow down your issue. If you do find an answer please post as this is driving Mofo nuts!

http://www.zspecialunit.org/forums/arma-2-armed-assault-2/1116-operation-save-mofo-mon-14-9-09-2030-aest-9.html

Another topic on a similar issue has started here, but doesn't contain a lot at the moment. Though worth watching, as it is how I found this thread!

http://www.gamingsa.com/forums/showthread.php?p=86630#post86630

DodgeCity yes I have exactly the same problem. It's only on our [ZSU] clan servers running the revive script and when it occurs my clan mates don't get an option to revive me, only hide my body. I look up at the sky, then when I respawn I'm a ghost. They can't see me or hear me and the AI don't react to me either. But to me I'm still in the game and can see/hear everything what's going on. Totally bizarre. I spent hours and hours googling for an answer or someone else who had the same problem but got nothing. You're the 1st one I've come accross.

I can tell you that I tried so much troubleshooting I almost just gave up on Arma as I was so fed up at the end and still had no definate answer. What I could surmize from trialing many different things is that it seems like it come's down to some sort of a network issue.

It has been better of late ever since I installed the 1.04 patch and plugged my old router back in. The thing is is that I did them both at the same time so I don't know whether the improvement is to do with the router, the patch or maybe even a combination of the two. And since it's been better (not perfect but better) I've been too scared to mess with it in case I break it again lol.

Can I ask you a couple of questions....

1) What type of modem do you use?

2) Do you experience it on all servers running the revive script? or just a particular one (or group)?

3) How would you describe the quality of ur internet?

Maybe by comparing information we might discover a similarity that points us in the right direction of the problem?

Hi Dodge,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with this. Xeno uses an older version of the revive script in his Domination missions that has been highly modified to work with the other scripts he has written for this mission. Having said that I think I know exactly where the problem is and I think its a little different to the one Blake and MoFO are describing - in this case the revive script is crashing or locking up just after the keyboard is disabled for a few seconds when you die in the script (most likely when a new unconscious unit is meant to be spawned or not spawned, which is the problem - I think). As far as I can tell this seems to occur if there is lag on the server or if you have a high ping - so as MoFo suggests try and find servers with low ping, make sure your internet connection is functioning well and do not use wireless to connect to a router.

I haven't seen this problem in the latest versions of the revive script as it handles unconscious units in a different way. So short of xeno updating domination with the new revive script (no small task mind you) and checking your connection - I'm not sure what else you can do - sorry,

norrin