Sign in to follow this  
sandan

Crashing...all the time.

I have a new computer that can pretty much play the game at it's highest level BUT it crashes all the time especially when on the net co-op. What the hell do i do. Very frustrating. I tried reducing the details, shortening the viewing distance to about 3000m and it still crashes. what to do?:mad:

wait for the next patch, like me :rolleyes:

I tried updating directx and defragging hard drive, but still get C2D every few hours.

BTW what graphics card you got?

GTX 260. it's frustrating about the crashes because this is the only game im interested in

GTX 260. it's frustrating about the crashes because this is the only game im interested in

GTX 260 thats far from a card you can run game with highest settings :eek:

Let's have the rest of your computer specs and your game video settings, you can just make a screenshot of game video settings.

funny that because i put everything at the highest settings and it runs perfectly. fps suffer sometimes only

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

i have spent hours tweaking with the setting to no difference,it still crashes after about 10 mins but lasts a while longer in singleplayer.

Do you think i should re install it?

funny that because i put everything at the highest settings and it runs perfectly. fps suffer sometimes only

I can run game with highest video settings and it's fine in some missions but others i've made where there's A LOT of units etc. it gives random CTD's unless i tone settings down a bit. It seems to happen more often online than offline though.

Also OC GPU/CPU causes CTD's my end!!

i have spent hours tweaking with the setting to no difference,it still crashes after about 10 mins but lasts a while longer in singleplayer.

Do you think i should re install it?

Start out with letting us know your system specs and your current game video settings :)

add -maxmem=1000 in the startup line of the game.

that solved the problem from me...

ofcourse, that was with 1.01 but i still use it and i have no plans on checking if it works without it.

It's now on default

Intel core i7 CPU 860@2.8GHz 2.93GHz

6.00GB (RAM)

64 bit Operating System

Windows 7 ultimate

What settings do you rec?

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Just installed Nvidia 191.07? Ill find out if it works tomorrow night thanks guys.

I see you have i7 and Win7, you must disable hyperthreading in BIOS with that combo, Ive got same specs, made a world of difference.

It's now on default

Intel core i7 CPU 860@2.8GHz 2.93GHz

6.00GB (RAM)

64 bit Operating System

Windows 7 ultimate

What settings do you rec?

Maybe a combo of normal/high with your gfx card in mind.

san dan what power supply do you have ???

too add: it seems that I only get these constant C2Ds in Warfare games (NB I play on internet servers and do not not host games locally) - in other game modes the game is very stable. Is it the same for you?

guys thanks for the help.

That Nvidia Driver solved the problem. yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

guys thanks for the help.

That Nvidia Driver solved the problem. yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Thats great news, now enjoy the pleasant war :D

Since 1.04 I get a lot more CTD than before...

to the point I can't finish the damn Dogs of War Mission because it crashes on me almost every time it saves (autosave or user save as it seems...).

It is SOOO furstrating, because I had a blast until now, but now I have to capture each city almost 5 or 10 times because of the freezes and CTD (and when I load the previous save, they're still occupied !)

And here's the dilemma : if I try save too often I risk more CTD (with the savegame not being registered), but if I don't save I loose all the progress at the first glitch...

I tend to believe I will never be able to finish the game because of it.

Edit : I seem to have very few problems in non-warfare missions too.

Edit 2 : will try the new drivers, but it seems more mission related than performance related.