Sign in to follow this  
highfly

Dogs of War, alone in the dark

Hey,

I'm in DOW, cool mission, but now it's night, I have no NVgoggles and everything is daaaark.

Any help where I can find something to see a light in there ??

cheers

Once u or CDF take control of a town, reinforcements move in (CDF) kill the leader and take his NV. worked more me :P

woaaaaa nice idea :-)

bad you have to kill a teammate in order to play this mission (cause no, without NVG you just can't see anything and play the mission).

I tried to find some on ennemies, buy at base, but had no luck. Now I'm gonna kill my friends! (wouldn't his teammates kill me afterwards ? If I remember in FP you were killed by the other in case of teamkill)

bad you have to kill a teammate in order to play this mission (cause no, without NVG you just can't see anything and play the mission).

I tried to find some on ennemies, buy at base, but had no luck. Now I'm gonna kill my friends! (wouldn't his teammates kill me afterwards ? If I remember in FP you were killed by the other in case of teamkill)

Haha, in this one and ArmA1, it's almost like they understand the player's need for equipment over the other AI. Their biggest argument against it is: "1, STOP SHOOTING ME"

The easy way to get NVG's is to make a Pilot at HQ, kill him, take his NVG's and hide the body.

The other way is to kill an enemy officer and take his NVG's and Binoculars.

Only officers have NVG's.

Cheers,

Luke

The easy way to get NVG's is to make a Pilot at HQ, kill him, take his NVG's and hide the body.

Cheers,

Luke

Hard to find an officer (and kill him) in the complete dark, I should have done this before. Friend get ready to be sacrified ;-) (btw why do you hide the body ? Do the UN inspect the field afterwards ? :D)

Cheers,

Luke

I bought a pilot moved him to the BMP2 that is standing at the base where i browsed his gear and made him drop his NVG's so that i could take them.

When you have NVGs just use the communication option to send him to one of the High Command teams.

I hid the body through guilt ;)

Good thinking zdavid99. I really should try to use some of the more advanced features of the game.

I wish there was a proper manual.

Cheers,

Luke.

The first time I played this mission Razor Team had NVGs. Since then, I've played it again a couple of times with no NVGs and I don't know why?

Cheers,

Luke.

When starting the mission you'll soon get the prisoner transport task. Bring him to NAPA HQ, then you'll get the task to investigate radio tower on the south coast island. You'll find Lopotev there (get him alive) and after helicoptering to NAPA HQ once more you'll get the task to hand over Lopotev to Russians. After a "cutscene" special forces will ambush you and after killing them you'll get their NVGs. It probably isn't dark yet at this time yet.

I'm sure there are easier ways as presented in above posts...

When starting the mission you'll soon get the prisoner transport task. Bring him to NAPA HQ, then you'll get the task to investigate radio tower on the south coast island. You'll find Lopotev there (get him alive) and after helicoptering to NAPA HQ once more you'll get the task to hand over Lopotev to Russians. After a "cutscene" special forces will ambush you and after killing them you'll get their NVGs. It probably isn't dark yet at this time yet.

Huh ? I never had the mission to transport any prisoner ??

anyway, putting them in the ammo crates would have saved all this teamkilling and searching of a way to see something.

PLUS it seems that the first time I load the the mission to continue, the night is somewhat clear enough to see something. Then I die and reload and it's way darker after that...

Cheers,

Luke

This can be done or just create a Hunter they also have NV, what does a sniper need NV for anyways? lol

I played the campaign twice and both times I did NOT have NVG.

In the end I bought a Pilot from my men factory, then just led him out into the woods. I came back alone, and a round less in my pistol. But at least I had NVG...

Edited by horrgakx

Actually, DoW starts just before dusk so it doesn't take long for night time to set in. The prisoner task you describe does not get activated until after nightfall. At least that's how it happened for me. I'm not sure exactly what triggers that task because it seemed to happen after I took my 4th or 5th town. Maybe it's time based or maybe it's activated after taking x number of towns.

try searching the bodies of enemy crew from downed apc..(BTR) if not mistaken. i got my NV & the rest of my team this way..hurry though before the salvage truck arrives i think they pick up bodies too :)

Edited by Scaygoo

try searching the bodies of enemy crew from downed apc..(BTR) if not mistaken. i got my NV & the rest of my team this way..hurry though before the salvage truck arrives i think they pick up bodies too :)

you dont need NVG's for the rest of your team.

they can see just as good without them.

a pair of NVGs for you is all that is needed.

Maybe it's time based or maybe it's activated after taking x number of towns.

I figure it depends when the town where the prisoner is captured is taken. _As for other event happening, they likely depend on what player did in previous missions.

Well hes not a team mate hes on the cdf team so its cool :yay:, Ai will shoot at you if you kill more than 1 friendly. or sometimes 2, probably depends on there set behaviour maybe!