Sign in to follow this  
Raunhofer

Japahto Island For ARMA2

Just about to test it. Looks awesome from the pics.

Thanks Raunhofer for your hard work! :)

EDIT:

After testing it a bit im very amazed! Great looking island and very cool as it seems to need more use of boats. :)

I have however one complaint. Same as with Namalsk Island. The "grass-bushy things" can be seen really far and they are very dense even on LOW terrain detail settings. This destroys the FPS for us that doesnt have uber PC's. Just like Namalsk when i turn terrain detail OFF i have no lag at all. I can run Chernarus with even normal terrain detail and have no lag as a comparison.

Now im in no place to tell anyone how to make their addons ofcourse. But im just wondering if its possible to scale the terrain detail setting a bit more? To make that grass-bushes be less clutterred when set to low. It seems it doesnt change much from very high down to low. If missions force grass its going to be very heavy and not so joyful for my type of PC. If its not doable to change clutter now when the island is finished then thats ok ofcourse. But maybe others can think about this when making islands in the future. You can still have all that awesome lush vegetation for people with heavier systems - just make the clutter as you want on the higher terrain setting, but try and make less on low. If possible.

Thanks though - great island never the less. :)

Alex

Edited by Alex72

Maddii released screenshot on our forums showing the BM-13 Katyusha.

Quote Maddii:

As everyday at home i always get bored when i open my computer i start making O2 models out of scratch.

Yesterday i remembered that my first request for ArmA 2 was NAPA Rocket battery mounted on a truck

so i thought why not make one myself.

ArmA II story says that NAPA use outdated equipments some of them were from ww2

i quickly go the idea of the BM-13 Katyusha mounted on a ww2 truck

Wow i did it in only one day!!

This was easy to model but the bad thing is that i cant do other stuff like Animating and adding colors

tools arent working at all due to computer error

im asking if anyone could help out finnishing it

PLZ help.............

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=8426&n=last#bottom

@ kamel1

I don't think that has anything to do with this thread. Please, stay on topic.

Great island my friend - It really does capture the feel of Scandinavia/Northern Europe.

Nice island ,

Another one for warzoneusa servers to run with .

One question . can you make your missions so they stay running when the server is empty , they go to end of mission etc.

Looking forward to more missions on this great island . I am also hosting a mirror for the map files and any missions on our website. These new island gave us a idea on how to cut down on smacktards with out going private server .

Excellent island! Finally got the OFP feeling back again. Thanks!

Great island!

I wish there would be a deer addon, this island looks like a really good place to hunt!

MfG Lee :D

Thx for this nice island :)

Put it on our island section at Assault Mission Studio

dlicon.gif

Japahto Island by Raunhofer

Congrats on the work matey, fantastic island.

Thanks you for your hard work, it looks great. Thanks again! :)

Nice one, feels very Scandinavian :)

Only thing I noticed was that there IMO could be some more stuff (pebbles/small rocks/fallen trees/bushes/etc) on the shore lines, they felt empty.

Anyway great work and thanks for sharing!

/KC

Actually this was me just a way to test new tools, but I'm glad you liked it so much! Thanks for your replies.

Well, you got all the little things like clutter levels spot on, really makes a difference. The major downside with Chernarus is that you trip over a village or mountain every few meters, it's really hard to fix an area of operations when designing a mission. Japahto however has very few buildings, and loads of natural choke points. Excellent for inspiring mission makers!

It also has loads of flexibility, one back story could be that it's an island off the coast of Chernarus used for logging, the unfinished project could have been intended as accommodation for loggers than was never finished. The only thing i'd recommend would be lower some of the fords slightly, and make the coast line more "beachy".

Have to say the size it just right, FPS is real nice especially with the use of foliage (really like the grass elements) .. this is a keeper for sure.

Always wanted something denser without the FPS hit and this island is perfect.