Sign in to follow this  
Raunhofer

Japahto Island For ARMA2

Great work mate :) A brilliant island, one of my favourites of all time.

It's funny, I took a screenshot of a really awesome part of the island. You know the first screenshot, with the chopper? Same place and angle, almost exactly.

Raunhofer, did you spend much time on that area? Really detailed, shows off ArmA2 quite well :D

Wow, we love this map :D. We adapted the VTS on it and just play on this island since it's out.

No bug found, high fps, nice looking and interesting forests, mini islands, this map is simple but awesome. If you like forests, download it :)

The island is great. However i feel the top island wich is isolated from the rest could have less trees in the middle of it. Thinking of that it could been a nice place for a base. With tons of trees and cut off from the rest it doesnt have much use IMO.

Its just constructive critisism though. :) I love the island. Its great.

Alex

I love how smooth this island runs man! Awseome job! And aflat island is nice for a change. Love the bay.

Not sure if other can test this but Its not a heli's best friend :) I mainly use trucks/jeeps to get around ... I guess that's obvious.

Like the separate islands, currently have 3 trucks and boats to get my teams around with a SECOP menu to select what I want as and when. I did notice that when SECOP spawnes a camp it seems to keep spawning it right on the beach edges and not within the islands ... can someone try the SECOP module quick and set it for attack location (spawn a camp) and keep re running it and see if the spawn does work "within and around" the island, as apposed to always "right on farthest edges" ?

can someone try the SECOP module quick and set it for attack location (spawn a camp) and keep re running it and see if the spawn does work "within and around" the island, as apposed to always "right on farthest edges" ?

Will test this right away.

Lots of trees though and not much free space so i guess the SOM will have problem spawning bases.

EDIT:

2 times i had the high value target mission and they were both spawned on the island edges - beaches. There is room for it in many places so i dont know why that happens.

Edited by Alex72

Been running platoon sized action on this island for a few days now together with P'85... Absolutley amazing - Had various spots on the island covered by one squad each as a company of OPFOR made it's onslaught, with poor me as platoon commander making runs imbetween BLUEFOR strongpoints. This with everything maxed out and view distance at 4000, it's going to be hard going back to Chernarus I tell you.

I tested it,there is a issue with buildings:I made a fly with chopper and there is a huge fps drop when approaching them,anybody else?

Your config is causing Sahrani to lose the grass completely on the North. Please tag your config classnames. I suspect the problem is in CfgSurfaces:

Japahto:

class Grass : Default {
	access = ReadOnly;
	files = "trava1_*";
	rough = 0.11;
	dust = 0.1;
	soundEnviron = "grass";
	character = "JIGrassClutter";
	soundHit = "soft_ground";
};

Sahrani:

class Grass : Default {
	access = ReadOnly;
	files = "trava_*";
	rough = 0.1;
	dust = 0.1;
	soundEnviron = "grass";
	character = "GrassClutter";
};

Well done Raunhofer! Beautiful world. :)

Can you please sort the HQ texture issues and push out an update.

The problem is you filter at least twice (via files = "XXX*) for the same name as standard

CAA1 (a1) texture names. Please tag your HQ textures and adapt the files definitions.

Here is also an improved and way simplified config.

Even the 'class clutter' definition would be possible to drop, as you have only tweaked

two classes a bit:

http://pastebin.jonasscholz.de/296

Thank you!

i have a problem :(

when i load up the island in the editor and try to Preview (by placing a Unit and then pressing "Preview") it crashes :( does it require CAA? or anything for that matter?

Version 1.01 released!

Download Japahto Islands 1.01

As this was my test island, I wasn't going to update it, but I changed my mind. Version 1.01.

> Fixed map coordinates

> Fixed clutter levels

> Fixed roads

> Fixed tree locations

> Fixed classnames

> Fixed compatibility issues

> Added a new vegetation style

> Added better performance

> Added fast update possibility

V.1.01 works with the old 1.0 version too, so don't be afraid to update.

Requirements: ARMA2

loving the 'The Ring' style well next to the destroyed church, that managed to creep me out ;)

Fantastic island btw

Thank you Raunhofer!

I really enjoy your island, very nice atmosphere.

Btw, any chance to see this upgrade as a non-.exe, .7z file?

Thank you Raunhofer!

I really enjoy your island, very nice atmosphere.

Btw, any chance to see this upgrade as a non-.exe, .7z file?

Well it's just like a .zip or .rar file, there's just a interface. The installer extracts the files (japahto.pbo, japahto2.pbo + keyfiles & bisign files) and does nothing else.

Thanks for the update Raunhofer!

/KC