Sign in to follow this  
chammy

New Sound Mod in the making, slowly but surely

Hey dudes, I have problem with ACEX M16A4 models, with the latest patch (1.04f), none of the A4 models have recoil.

ohh I see the problem now, KH YAS didn't update their CSM2 version, they have 1.04b (I assumed they did update), and I only DLed the mod two days ago. Going to armaholic to dl newest patch.

Really enjoying this a lot more since the new M4/M16/M240 sounds. M249 could still use some work though, there is also a weird warping noise when two M249s are fired at the same time.

I think that's a problem with any sound and not specific to CSM though, and has more to do with a generic problem of having 2 identical sounds playing at nearly the same time.

K guys, im still alive heh, activity here seems to be slowing down now, I think I might have a weekend off with a little relaxation for once, I might be able to stick an update up soon enough.

I just tried this soundmod, and like always when it's coming from you Chammy, it's great stuff. This is my favorite soundmod for ArmA2, no question about it.

I just tried this soundmod, and like always when it's coming from you Chammy, it's great stuff. This is my favorite soundmod for ArmA2, no question about it.

Well, technically, it should sound as if it were coming from me but, lately Protegimus has been putting his sounds in so really, only, maybe a few sounds are of what I've created. Until then, it's all Protegimus, which I appreciate though. :o

thanks for the props bro

Well, technically, it should sound as if it were coming from me but, lately Protegimus has been putting his sounds in so really, only, maybe a few sounds are of what I've created. Until then, it's all Protegimus, which I appreciate though. :o

thanks for the props bro

Ah! :) Then congrats to Protegimus aswell for this great soundmod!

Well, technically, it should sound as if it were coming from me but, lately Protegimus has been putting his sounds in so really, only, maybe a few sounds are of what I've created. Until then, it's all Protegimus, which I appreciate though.

Just holding the fort mate. Be good to see (hear) some stuff from you again!

btw, did you come right with a decent sound card for editing?

Ah! :) Then congrats to Protegimus aswell for this great soundmod!

Thanks man, always good to know others enjoy what you have helped create!

Protegimus

Apart from no recoil on the M4 (?) absolutely incredible mod. And you have to remember I'd just come from playing Bad Company 2 :)

that's the real M249 para sound !

Yes, the trail off but the sound, is a lot different, ...same thickness and tone, just a bit different since it was recorded with a video camera or phone

Hey prot, just wanted to let you know that the sound for the 2a42 cannon (bmp-2, btr-90) has the same soundfile for low and high rpm.

I love CMS2 so far, but does the PKM and Pecheneg have to sound like a pop-gun? The American machine guns sound so abrasive, but with the Russian ones I feel like I'm playing airsoft and it's a bit incongruous when ACE makes my ears start to ring at the sound of a gun that's softer than the MP5.

Also, HE cannon rounds don't seem to make a noise on impact.

I don't have proper sound from 2A42 at high rate fire mode if i'm inside BMP-2. Instead of burst sounds single shot.

SB X-Fi.

Mike84 & Leet:

Hey prot, just wanted to let you know that the sound for the 2a42 cannon (bmp-2, btr-90) has the same soundfile for low and high rpm.
I don't have proper sound from 2A42 at high rate fire mode if i'm inside BMP-2. Instead of burst sounds single shot.

SB X-Fi.

ACE2 or vanilla?

ACEX_SM or CSM2 or both?

I suspect you're using both ACEX_SM and CSM2 - CSM2 currently doesn't override ACEX_SM vehicle weapon sounds. You could move acex_sm_c_sound_wep_veh.pbo out of your ACEX_SM\Addons (suggest to its parent directory) directory to disable it and then test for which sounds you prefer.

Protegimus

wow i play this soundmod in the first release and it was not so good.

now i just tested it and its perfect thank you

CSM2 currently doesn't override ACEX_SM vehicle weapon sounds.

Do you plan on changing this in the future? I always play with both sound mods on.

CSM2 currently doesn't override ACEX_SM vehicle weapon sounds.

Yeah, I didn't realise this either. If that the case I have never heard CSM vehicle guns :cheesy:

hopfully CSM overrides all ACE sounds. im so sick of the AKM it sounds horrible! and fix the one shot sound for burst on BMP2/KA52 cannons

Just wanna say that i REALLY respect your work Chammy and Protegimus. I have started on my own sound mod and realized how extremely hard it is to make the sounds sound right or just acceptable.

You can have the coolest sound on your computer but as soon as it's played through ArmA's sound engine it sounds terrible :p

Edited by JW Custom