Sign in to follow this  
chammy

New Sound Mod in the making, slowly but surely

Most realisticly sounding Sound Mod out there! Atleast from my experances but its bin awhile since I have been around any military weapons..but I do miss my issued M4, so far execpt for this mod I could never really find a sound mod that replicated the M4 as realistic as your Mod! Outstanding work, and btw do you use real recorded weapons specificly the M4?

Dave,

Hey buddy, thanks for the props bro, I really need the motivation and you guys are helping me, thnx again. I am trying to make at least , almost all weapons with somewhat a distinct sound each its own. Although, in real life, when firing these weapons without hearing protection, actually, listening whilst standing aside the firer about 15 to 20 feet you will notice that most rifles will sound just about the same, with that sharp crack as you know already. I think the reason why some weapons will sound different from one another on videos is that the mic is recording the reflection the sound off a surface since the sound pressure will not manifest on the mic. I hope I can get this out before ArmA3

Keep up the good work Chammy, I really enjoy what I'm hearing, I hope you'll get to finish this! My favorite sounds by far.

Hey buddy, thanks for the props bro, I really need the motivation and you guys are helping me, thnx again. I am trying to make at least , almost all weapons with somewhat a distinct sound each its own. Although, in real life, when firing these weapons without hearing protection, actually, listening whilst standing aside the firer about 15 to 20 feet you will notice that most rifles will sound just about the same, with that sharp crack as you know already. I think the reason why some weapons will sound different from one another on videos is that the mic is recording the reflection the sound off a surface since the sound pressure will not manifest on the mic. I hope I can get this out before ArmA3

Yeah I have noticed that before while doing live fire exercises that they all sound the same, also as I'm sure you already know even a simple m4 has different sounds for example when we use to go to the ranger for practice or even now as a civy when I go to fire guns at the local range(many ppl there are ex military aswell and a few have AR15s) you hear one sound then when at the range they sound like a different weapon plus the angle and distance u hear the gun from can alter the guns sound! So when ppl say it don't sound realistic and they are only testing the gun from first person shoot mode they don't know what they are talking about lol they way to test a sound mod is have someone fire a gun then go to different positions/distances then make ur judgment from there! Same with the vids you see on youtube where someone is making a vid on sound mods verses rl conterparts...the rl recording is probly taking from a peice in a combat vido where they are using a standerd cell phone or cheap camara to record which as you know is very inacurate and and the sounds are not as they are in rl, plus the guy making that sound mod comparision video is firing the gun from first person where let's say for example the clip in his vid of the real gun is probly a soldier across the street firing past the camara and not in front

Of the camara as in arma when firing in first person! So from my experance your mod is the best...IMO only! Tho the "sounds of anders" sound mod has some pretty realistic explosion sounds which unlike guns is harder to come by cause if your in the u.s. like me you can't just go buy a few frag granades and throw them around ur back yard for a game's sound mod lmao!

But just out of curiosity, where do you get your sounds from if you don't mind me asking? You record them yourself? I ask because they are pretty good... are you a professional sound engineer or whatever they are called, with all that hitech sound recording stuff?

Dave,

woow great to see that you are still working on your Soundmod! i play with it since Arma 1. sounds good!

Now,...does anyone know of someone who can help me along with the config? anyone?

It depends so much on the microphone used, the distance, and the direction

Yep, the direction and dampening they use. Also, I notice gunshot sound is better sounding when in stereo, not mono. My idea for those so inept in getting something close to as what you would hear is going out to the range , fire a weapon, standing back a few feet like 10 or more and have someone else fire it, and remember what it sounded like and compare the sound of what you heard to the recording. 3 and 6 variations featured here of the PKM are the closest to hearing this bad boy in person. All the others are great for other distances and angles and such if it were to be put in a game. I really really wish one of the sound Devs and head of Dev's in Project Reality would check that out. I've always had a hard time trying to reason with those guys. These guys have top if the line, but you can still get a great basic recording with a Tascam palm held dig recorder. It's just the dampening would have to be right to keep the sound pressure from distorting. Great video btw

Wow great to see you're still making some high quality stuff here for OA! I can't wait for the release... if there ever will be one. ;)

Awesome! Hope it's coming out soon. By anychance it will include any ambient sound? distant gunshooting...explosions etc?

I really hope not. Ambient sounds do not belong in this game. One of the awesome things about ArmA is that every time you hear gunfire or explosions or the like, it's always actually happening somewhere.

Ambient sounds do not belong in this game. One of the awesome things about ArmA is that every time you hear gunfire or explosions or the like, it's always actually happening somewhere.

This completely.

Hi, sorry for bump but every time I try to run the game with this mod installed I get the following error message:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVoice.dan'

Crash report log:

== C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe

== "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@CSM

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2013/06/29 17:56:20

Current time: 2013/06/29 18:35:23

Version 1.11.86734

File csm_cfg\config.cpp, line 111: '/CfgMusic/ATrack23.name': Missing ';' at the end of line

File csm_cfg\config.cpp, line 131: '/CfgMusic/ATrack9.name': Missing ';' at the end of line

File csm_cfg\config.cpp, line 136: '/CfgMusic/ATrack10.name': Missing ';' at the end of line

File csm_cfg\config.cpp, line 141: '/CfgMusic/ATrack11.name': Missing ';' at the end of line

File csm_cfg\config.cpp, line 186: '/CfgMusic/ATrack26.name': Missing ';' at the end of line

Updating base class MissileBase->RocketBase, by csm_cfg\config.cpp/CfgAmmo/M_Javelin_AT/

Updating base class MissileBase->M_Stinger_AA, by csm_cfg\config.cpp/CfgAmmo/M_Sidewinder_AA/

Updating base class MissileBase->M_Stinger_AA, by csm_cfg\config.cpp/CfgAmmo/M_Strela_AA/

Updating base class M4A1->M4, by csm_cfg\config.cpp/CfgWeapons/M4SPR/

Updating base class Single->Single, by csm_cfg\config.cpp/CfgWeapons/M4SPR/Single/

Updating base class M16_base->M4, by csm_cfg\config.cpp/CfgWeapons/M4A1/

Updating base class Mode_SemiAuto->Single, by csm_cfg\config.cpp/CfgWeapons/MP5A5/Single/

Updating base class Mode_Burst->Burst, by csm_cfg\config.cpp/CfgWeapons/MP5A5/Burst/

Updating base class Mode_FullAuto->FullAuto, by csm_cfg\config.cpp/CfgWeapons/MP5A5/FullAuto/

Updating base class M16_base->Rifle, by csm_cfg\config.cpp/CfgWeapons/M16A2/

Updating base class M16A2->Rifle, by csm_cfg\config.cpp/CfgWeapons/m16a4/

Updating base class m16a4->M16A2, by csm_cfg\config.cpp/CfgWeapons/m16a4_acg/

Updating base class Rifle->G36a, by csm_cfg\config.cpp/CfgWeapons/G36C/

Updating base class Mine->TimeBomb, by csm_cfg\config.cpp/CfgWeapons/MineE/

Updating base class RocketPods->single, by csm_cfg\config.cpp/CfgWeapons/FFARLauncher/burst/

Updating base class RocketPods->single, by csm_cfg\config.cpp/CfgWeapons/57mmLauncher/burst/

Updating base class RocketPods->single, by csm_cfg\config.cpp/CfgWeapons/80mmLauncher/burst/

Updating base class 80mmLauncher->RocketPods, by csm_cfg\config.cpp/CfgWeapons/S8Launcher/

Updating base class HMMWV_Base->HMMWV50, by csm_cfg\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/HMMWV/

Updating base class Ural_Base->Ural, by csm_cfg\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/UralCivil/

Updating base class UralOpen_Base->UralCivil, by csm_cfg\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/UralCivil2/

Updating base class AV8B2->Plane, by csm_cfg\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/AV8B/

Updating base class Plane->AV8B, by csm_cfg\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/AV8B2/

Updating base class M2StaticMG_base->StaticWeapon, by csm_cfg\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/M2StaticMG/

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVoice.dan'.

(This is just with Chammy's sound mod)