Sign in to follow this  
chammy

New Sound Mod in the making, slowly but surely

Where do you place the clientside config at in OA? Thanks.

\arma 2 operation arrowhead\userconfig\CSM2\csm2_clientside_config.hpp

I've been asking around in the other threads, is it enough if I use csm2oa when playing Arma2 Operation Arrowhead, or do I need the csm2 files aswell?

I like the new sounds in the video a lot, good job chammy!

How come the AK-74 with folding stock has a different sound than the one with normal stock?

Just to give variation, i noticed some like that and then some want all AK's to sound the same, I tells you though, the AK74 and 47 sound slightly different but from far away they do sound different. I can keep them the same though or at least cycle the sounds.

Just to give variation, i noticed some like that and then some want all AK's to sound the same, I tells you though, the AK74 and 47 sound slightly different but from far away they do sound different. I can keep them the same though or at least cycle the sounds.

I understand but the gun fired at 0:38 is an AK-74 then the gun at 0:55 is also an AK-74 but has different sound.

I don't mind if different AK variants have different sounds but the same variant should have the same sound IMHO.

I understand but the gun fired at 0:38 is an AK-74 then the gun at 0:55 is also an AK-74 but has different sound.

I don't mind if different AK variants have different sounds but the same variant should have the same sound IMHO.

Got it. i think I had gotten a few wishes like that so i can make that possible:)

Got it. i think I had gotten a few wishes like that so i can make that possible:)

I myself don't mind the sound-varation at all, I think it's similar enough to work fine. Adds some variation. :)

I myself don't mind the sound-varation at all, I think it's similar enough to work fine. Adds some variation. :)

I'm not saying all AKs should have the same sound, the AK47 can have different sound than the AK74 and AK108, my problem was that vanilla AK74 and the AK74 with folding stock and reflex sight had different sound however they are same.

I'm not saying all AKs should have the same sound, the AK47 can have different sound than the AK74 and AK108, my problem was that vanilla AK74 and the AK74 with folding stock and reflex sight had different sound however they are same.

Exactly, well, in real life if you listen to both of them they would sound the same, although, i have only heard the ak74 and 47 and the 74's sound louder, a little more beefier.

Firefights sounds best in your soundmod. Others maybe have louder guns and metallic noise while shooting but the overall battle sounds are messed up then.

I can live with some guns which doesnt sound correct while (self)shooting, but when the fight goes around you then your mod is the only choice for me. I love the distance sounds and the clicks and clacks of the bullets.

Cant wait...

Hope you get AO soon or someone can port it over then, because most ppl play oa + a2 or oa only atm.

Edited by Pain0815

Hope you get AO soon or someone can port it over then, because most ppl play oa + a2 or oa only atm.

There's already a version out for OA you know. ;)

Look a few pages back man.

A few pages back? Dude, it's a long ways back. :p

A few pages back? Dude, it's a long ways back. :p

I found a link just six pages back so.. yeah. :)

Edit: However, I do think chammy should post links to the latest version on the first page, to avoid confusion.

Edited by McNools

Well the thread is for CSM3 technically. I think it would be better for CSM2 to have a thread in the Addons Complete forum (like there is for the BAF content).

Just gave this an go and is very good all around. Is the secondary explosion took out in this sound mod? Also the clunking of gear is that out also? If so what files do i take out so that i can have the secondary explosion and the gear clunking when running? Scratch that iv guess iv found what files took out the secondary explosions and gear clunking, its the gear files.

Edited by 1in1class
fix

I've downloaded csm 2 oa but im still getting all the stock sounds for the scars. Any suggestions as to why?