Sign in to follow this  
chammy

New Sound Mod in the making, slowly but surely

Sorry to be a bit of a biff, but where can I find download links for this?? (CO version specifically)

Amazing sound mod, one thing i have discovered though that when firing crv7 rockets from baf apache there is no sound. Apart from that great job on the best sound mod I have used to date.

Amazing sound mod, one thing i have discovered though that when firing crv7 rockets from baf apache there is no sound. Apart from that great job on the best sound mod I have used to date.

This, along with the quiet/missing cannon explosions, is a BIS 1.54 issue. There is a sound, but it is barely audible.

Hi I just downloaded CSM2 OA and put it on but all the SCARs sounds the same as default BIS. Were they meant to be updated and I'm missing something or have you not given them new sounds?

After a bit more testing and enjoyable playing, I have some more observations on CSM2OA/BAF1a under beta 73116:

• RPK really stands out from the other sounds. A single shot is not bad, but automatic is odd/synthetic chugging sounding, especially at a distance.
  • Sa-58 series has great sounds, but they are quiet relative to other 7.62x39 weapons.
  • AKS-74U has the same sound as AK-74. With its much shorter barrel, I would expect it to have a different or at least louder sound.
  • M4A3 series has stock sound. (Maybe this was already noted?)
  • GP-25 is using stock sound.
  • RPG flyby sound can be heard looping as RPG approaches.
  • I am getting some crackling in one of the 7.62x54R supersonic passing bullet sounds. This seems to have increased with the latest beta. Probably not an issue for the mod, but this sound and some vehicle internal engine sounds are the only times I've really noticed it. Not hearing it when playing the sounds as .wav files outside the game.
  • M16A4 and M16A4 203 are using a very different sound than all the other 20-inch M16s.

And finally I'm noticing something that is not specific to your mod, but is much more noticeable with the improved supersonic cracks. It seems that after 7-10 shots (maybe more in some cases and less than in others) from an individual rifle as observed with external view on the player firing rotated around to the muzzle end, the near supersonic crack sound starts to taper off in volume, sometimes reaching a point where it is virtually inaudible. This is pretty easy to observe in your mod with the AKM or AKS. In stock the stock game it is easy to observe with the Mk17. This seems specific to the individual rifle, so if you reload a magazine, the volume reduction continues/persists, but if you pick up another rifle it starts over again. I had observed in general that it often seems like I am not hearing as many near misses as I would expect, and I'm wondering if this might be the source. Do you think this is a bug or an intentional feature on the part of BIS?

Hi I just downloaded CSM2 OA and put it on but all the SCARs sounds the same as default BIS. Were they meant to be updated and I'm missing something or have you not given them new sounds?

Using latest version of CSM2OA + CSM2BAF1a, I have new sounds for all SCARs.

Edited by akd42

Using latest version of CSM2OA + CSM2BAF1a, I have new sounds for all SCARs.

Thats strange because I've got CSM2OA, CSM2BAF and CSMUKF and I just have the stock BIS sounds... odd.

I had stock sounds for SCARs too.

Edited by Leet

I have new sounds for SCARS aswell.

One thing though, the M4A3 has still got the vanilla sound.

So if i wanna try csm2 and i both have arma2, arma2 OA, and BAF what mods should i be downloading? csm2oa and csmbaf? or do i need to download csm2 aswell?

So if i wanna try csm2 and i both have arma2, arma2 OA, and BAF what mods should i be downloading? csm2oa and csmbaf? or do i need to download csm2 aswell?

Just csm2oa and csmbaf :)

Just csm2oa and csmbaf :)

ok thx alot! btw if i use ace, should i turn of acex_sm?

Here's a quick peek at what I have almost done. I have all done but I 'm trying to pick what sounds best. Not sure if teh link is working yet

Edited by Chammy

CSM2 best gun sounds in the business hands down

Edited by esco7800

Sounds awesome Chammy; not sure about the M2 though?

Also on the belt fed MG's early in the clip; that dinging sound which I assume is the brass and linkage dropping out... Mostly we're not fighting on hard surfaces and its kinda loud. Can't say I've ever noticed it actually firing anything belt fed!

Video made me lol. Sorry Chammy, but those guns sound like toys. The MGs and AK have to be ALOT more powerful sounding.

I'm just not feeling it from that video.

The FIRST video you posted on the OP, was awesome though.

Good to see that you're still at it, Are you reworking all the sounds or just the AK's (I'm just curious :D )

sounds nice tbh! btw still havent got any answear on my question, but do u guys disable acex_sm when using the sound mod or do u have it enabled?

sounds nice tbh! btw still havent got any answear on my question, but do u guys disable acex_sm when using the sound mod or do u have it enabled?

I disabled it. But it's been a while since I have toyed with ArmA2 lately and I am starting to find addons now. I still need to buy OA.

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 AM ----------

Video made me lol. Sorry Chammy, but those guns sound like toys. The MGs and AK have to be ALOT more powerful sounding.

I'm just not feeling it from that video.

The FIRST video you posted on the OP, was awesome though.

I am sorry you feel that way. Really, it's as close I can get without having to buy an expensive condenser mic along with an up to date DAT recorder. The reason for the sounds the way they are is to get that in between feel for far and close ranges so we don't hear a bunch of clanking noises and I wanted to make them to where the sound is big enough but pleasant, I guess you can say. It will never be as real as it should sound in a game. I know a lot of people will tell me they don't like them because they are either not loud enough or metallic enough but I know what I was trying to accomplish, therefore alls I can say to those who feel this way is, take it or leave it :p . The first video has pretty much the same so I don't see how different they are.