Sign in to follow this  
chammy

New Sound Mod in the making, slowly but surely

hey guys, im having some issues with the sound mod. every sound if fantastic, i love em, but the one thing that is bugging me is the ever changing sound of the M16. the CSM2 M16 sound is awesome, but sometimes it changes to this really wierd sounding gunshot, then back to the normal shot. then later the sound will become deeper sounding, then back to normal. this is slightly bothering me. does anyone know how to fix this?

hey guys, im having some issues with the sound mod. every sound if fantastic, i love em, but the one thing that is bugging me is the ever changing sound of the M16. the CSM2 M16 sound is awesome, but sometimes it changes to this really wierd sounding gunshot, then back to the normal shot. then later the sound will become deeper sounding, then back to normal. this is slightly bothering me. does anyone know how to fix this?

I am sure this is part of the mod, some guns have 3 sounds... bit weird i know.

I think I´ll reinstall the game later and try it again then. This solved my problems with an other sound mod some time ago. I´ll give feedback later.

Still don´t work... Don´t know what went wrong. I try to use it as always (@Folder, start it with a lauchner), but it doesn´t work like before with patch 1.05...

hi guys, can i use this soundmod instead of Ace_SM? is it compatible, and can i play Ace without their own soundmod

hi guys, can i use this soundmod instead of Ace_SM? is it compatible, and can i play Ace without their own soundmod

Yes. :cool:

Yeah, a AO-version would be nice, it seems to work fine with AO, but I think we need new sounds for the SCAR-rifles, they're really.. silent.

Still, AO only just came out.

I think the priority is to get it out on Operation Arrowhead before jumping to AO...

any news on a possible AO version ?
Yeah, a AO-version would be nice, it seems to work fine with AO, but I think we need new sounds for the SCAR-rifles, they're really.. silent.

Still, AO only just came out.

What is this mysterious AO version you are talking about? Arrowhead Operations?

But yeah, I'm fairly certain that there is going to be a OA version of CSM2 in the future.

(Don't quote me on this since I'm not part of the dev-team.)

I thought that Chammy was back and things were moving to CSM3? Anywho..a sound mod is just what OA needs. The vanilla sounds are driving me insane.

I thought that Chammy was back and things were moving to CSM3? Anywho..a sound mod is just what OA needs. The vanilla sounds are driving me insane.

Lol who ever decided the SCAR sounded good should be shot by a gun that sounds like that.

And the M14/M24/SVD...same sound. Cool. It's a bad sound also, makes it even better.

The new M4 with desert camo has the same sound as the old M4 aswell,

SCAR sounds need a lot of work.

Yes it does, sounds like my childhood BB gun :D, why does BI produce such undewhelming sounds?

Hi all, I'm getting an error message with CSM2 modular (latest version 1.04i). I am trying to run it stand-alone, so I have the #define CSM2_ACEX_SM commented out.

When I start ARMA2 (1.07), I see an error message "CSM2_c_Aircraft requires addon 'CAData' ", then if I okay that, I get another error 'bin/config.bin/CfgWeapons.CarHorn'

I get these errors whether or not I comment the line in the userconfig folder and whether or not I remove the CSM2 Aircraft pbo folder from the @CSM/Addons folder.

Any advice appreciated to get me up and running with CSM2.

smith

Hi smith, I'll go ahead and look into you'r problem and consult Chammy on the issue, and any of the issues said in the last couple pages.

But everyone, currently Chammy is hard a work to releasing a new version for ARMA 2. Then hopefully moving on to OA (Unsure do NOT quote me on that).

I'm working with Chammy to help move the process along. Any questions just ask.

Thank you :-)

Thanks EvenLease. Chammy's sounds are so much better than vanilla.

When I start ARMA2 (1.07), I see an error message "CSM2_c_Aircraft requires addon 'CAData' ", then if I okay that, I get another error 'bin/config.bin/CfgWeapons.CarHorn'

I get these errors whether or not I comment the line in the userconfig folder and whether or not I remove the CSM2 Aircraft pbo folder from the @CSM/Addons folder.

smith

Hi smithcorp, CSM2 works great with ArmA2 1.07.71750 - there are no issues with any of the modules.

This sounds like it is a conflict with another mod - if you are running any others, please remove all except -mod=@CSM2 from a copied shortcut, then add them back one at a time until done.

Another tip is to ensure @CSM2 is at the end of your mod line:

-mod=mod1;mod2;mod3;@CSM2

Please post your shortcut Target: and Start in: details.

Last suggestion is to make sure all the CSM2 .pbo's are from the same version - maybe rename the current @CSM2 directory and extract the .7z archive again?

Protegimus

Hello,

Just here to report a little bug I have when launching Arma2 with last ACE2 and CSM2.

"-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACE_SM;@CSM2;@isla_duala"

buggc.th.jpg

I don't really know what it means, the game starts anyway and CSM2 seems to work properly for the most part at least.

Edited by dunedain

Hi smithcorp, CSM2 works great with ArmA2 1.07.71750 - there are no issues with any of the modules.

This sounds like it is a conflict with another mod - if you are running any others, please remove all except -mod=@CSM2 from a copied shortcut, then add them back one at a time until done.

Another tip is to ensure @CSM2 is at the end of your mod line:

-mod=mod1;mod2;mod3;@CSM2

Please post your shortcut Target: and Start in: details.

Last suggestion is to make sure all the CSM2 .pbo's are from the same version - maybe rename the current @CSM2 directory and extract the .7z archive again?

Protegimus

Thanks for your help. CSM2 is the only mod I'm running. Here's my shortcut target and Start in:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CSM2
"C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2"

I've deleted and reinstalled the .pbos and the last time I got the latest version from Armaholic and simply copied it from my desktop (after extracting) to the folder.

I'm running Vista32 and the shortcut is "run as administrator".

Could there be a UAC issue with permissions for the folder?

thnaks again for any advice.

smith

Hello,

Just here to report a little bug I have when launching Arma2 with last ACE2 and CSM2.

"-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACE_SM;@CSM2;@isla_duala"

buggc.th.jpg

I don't really know what it means, the game starts anyway and CSM2 seems to work properly for the most part at least.

"Usage with @ACE_SM:

CSM2 works together with ACE2 @ACEX_SM and the default configuration is set to

override @ACEX_SM sounds as detailed below.

As both mod's are beta and still being developed, further support and changes

will be added.

To configure CSM2 to override ACEX_SM Weapon classes (default setting), the:

#define CSM2_ACEX_SM

statement is included in the client configuration file:

...\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\CSM2\csm2_clientside_config.hpp

If you are using ACE 2 but do not use @ACEX_SM sounds, or you wish to use

CSM2 standalone or with another sound mod, then change the above statement

to a comment by preceding it with '//' as follows:

// #define CSM2_ACEX_SM

CSM2 will then no longer check for @ACEX_SM dependencies and will start

without the popup message."

You need to change the Userconfig as stated above. At least I think that is your issue.