Sign in to follow this  
chammy

New Sound Mod in the making, slowly but surely

Hey, i downloaded this mod months ago... i've just started playing again and after updating to the latest version i notice that the cannon on KA-52 still has no sound for high rate of fire mode... any plans to fix this?

works fine when i disable this mod.

Thanks @Protegimus, this is a good news, especially those „additional bullet cracksâ€, looking forward.

i really love the new M249 sound ! amazing !

pro, this version is 100x better!! :D

A lot more intence! could you for the next version, make the sonic cracks louder when they pass over head? as well as the bullet whiz sound? we need to crank that volume right up! :D

Agree this version is much better. just tested it out with 4 squads vs 4 enemy squads...

can anyone confirm that the high rate of fire on the KA-52 cannon is broken? (the sound) or is it me?

cheers.

Thanks @Protegimus, this is really an improvement:bounce3:, only sound of footsteps in some places not working.

Edited by gulag

can anyone confirm that the high rate of fire on the KA-52 cannon is broken? (the sound) or is it me?

Cossack8559 can you post the configuration in which you are using CSM2 (standalone, or with ACE2, etc.)

To my knowledge there has been no issue with Ka-52 since the initial release of version 1.04 when I re-wrote the configs back on the 7th March, but I will test again.

Is there any possibility you have an old config file file on your system (Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Addons ?), or that it is interaction with another mod?

Protegimus

I'm using it with ace2 mod... i have updated the config files each time a new version has been released... the KA-52 has two rates of fire for its cannon... normal works fine but when i switch it to high... it makes 1 sound per every 5 shots if you understand what i am trying to say...

If you read this page here... you can see people reported the same bug back along.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=88149&page=56

cheers.

Thankyou for the updated mod once again, killer.

Keep up the good work.

Really like the concrete and grass sounds.They sound similar walking and then running with just the right amount of change.Thanks Protegimus.

One thing that could use a tweak is the ocean/wind sounds.It overpowers everything even if you not standing right at shoreline.IMO wind sounds should be used when you have wind graphically represented.

First of all, thanks to Foxhound at Armaholic for the download mirror and thx to AnimalMother92 for getting the news out even before I did!.

i really love the new M249 sound ! amazing !

Glad you like it this time M1n1d0u! As you've been clamouring for the right M249 sound, can we consider that one nailed? :)

I'm using it with ace2 mod...

cheers.

When using ACEX_SM and CSM2 together, CSM2 doesn't override ACEX_SM vehicle weapon sounds, ref.: this post.

You can move the following files:

acex_sm_c_sound_wep_veh.pbo

acex_sm_c_sound_wep_veh.pbo.acex_sm.bisign

only the config file is required to be moved, but you may as well move:

acex_sm_s_wep_veh.pbo

acex_sm_s_wep_veh.pbo.acex_sm.bisign

that contain the sounds out of your

ACEX_SM\Addons

directory (suggest to its parent) to disable it and experience only CSM2 sounds.

For ACEX_SM sounds only, move the following files to the parent @CSM2 directory (from @CSM2\Addons):

CSM2_c_wep_veh.pbo

CSM2_c_wep_veh.pbo.CSM2.bisign

CSM2_s_wep_veh.pbo

CSM2_s_wep_veh.pbo.CSM2.bisign

As CSM2 follows the BIS and ACE2 modular design it means it's easy to change the way things work to your personal preference, so I don't plan to make any changes in this respect.

Protegimus

Thanks for the explanation of the ACE vehicle sounds and CSM. How come you cant make CSM over ride ACExSM vehicle sounds like you can with the weapons etc? Just wondering. I know its not really a big deal, but its kind of annoying to have to go deleting files every time I update ACE. It also confuses Six updater because it trys to fix the ACEX_SM mod every time you run the updater because files are missing.

When using ACEX_SM and CSM2 together, CSM2 doesn't override ACEX_SM vehicle weapon sounds, ref.: this post.

You can move the following files:

acex_sm_c_sound_wep_veh.pbo

acex_sm_c_sound_wep_veh.pbo.acex_sm.bisign

only the config file is required to be moved, but you may as well move:

acex_sm_s_wep_veh.pbo

acex_sm_s_wep_veh.pbo.acex_sm.bisign

Protegimus

Removing these fixed the sound bug.

EDIT: as the guy above said... is it possible to make them overide ACE? would be quite annoying having to remove them every time ACE updates...

cheers! :cool:

Edited by Cossack8559

Is it just on my end then?The sound of the ocean is overpowering everything else.Standing on the actual beach and I still think its too loud.Must be on my end only....is there a way to remove the wind/ocean sounds only?

Wolfstriked, if you have:

CSM2_c_envsnd.pbo

CSM2_s_envsnd.pbo

in @CSM2\Addons

then move them to @CSM2 directory to disable them.

For me, sea is louder without CSM2 environment sounds than with.

Protegimus

So I got to hear what CSM2 vehicle weapons sound like. They sound pretty nice, like the tank main gun sounds very good, coax maybe sounds a bit off (maybe even BIS default?).

The main sound I really don't like is the MK19 grenade launcher, I think ACE SM has it pretty spot on to the real thing, CSM one sounds very "washy" or some thing, hard to explain, but its not nice.

And thanks again for the mod. I just offer my opinion. I don't intend to offend, I really appreciate the work on this, the best of sound mods.

Also i thing the M240 needs a new sound on vehicles too more like that

that will rock =)

Hey Pro I saw that you posted in the Dynamic Sound project thread by tpM, he said other sound mod creators can use their system as a template once it's released.

Are you planning to implement it in CSM2?

oh yes dynamic sound is really cool need a little work on it but very good =)