Sign in to follow this  
chammy

New Sound Mod in the making, slowly but surely

nice sounds :pistols:

in my opinion the m4 has too less metalic sound (bolt assembly) ;)

Basically, I want to make sure I am using as many CSM sounds as possible, but I am unsure as to what happens if there is no CSM sound for a particular ACE object.

+1 I've been wondering this too.

Thanks for the update as well! Getting better and better :)

Yes! huge improvement! :) Altho i dont like the sound of the jet bombs (i dont know name of jet or bomb) but you kno what i mean :D

Whe it drops, it sounds so weak on impact! it should have cool echo too!

I like the A10 machine gun, but it needs some improvement, because the sound when you're firing sounds crap, only when you stop firing do you hear the cool unqiue sound!

and Please! add the whistling sound on incoming mortars! please!!! :D

Keep up the good work pro!

Keep up the good work pro!

Yeah pro :p the work is very good.

This sound mod is great, and the constant work being done on updating is appreciated.

Deff, the continued quality of the work in un-matched, many thanks for the effots

Is the [DS] Zeus - YAS "http://www.computerrepair.uk.net/updater/ArmA2-repo.7z"

Still down for you guys?

Is the [DS] Zeus - YAS "http://www.computerrepair.uk.net/updater/ArmA2-repo.7z"

Still down for you guys?

No, not working, maybe it's a sign that a new update is coming.:confused2:

Why did you change the Javelin's sound?

I think it was good the launch has a very distinct sound but now it's almost like all the other launchers.

Why did you change the Javelin's sound?

Oh no, must try it now..it was one of the best sounds in the whole CSM, in my opinion.

Also think we went a step backwards. Listening to the very first rifle sounds in the benchmark1, it sounds like toy guns, pure crap. That was way better a few betas ago :j:

Thanks to Foxhound @ Armaholic, Marko112 & Sickboy for the mirrors.

BlackLord: no change to the Javelin - config or another sound mod in the mix?

Cyclone83: thanks for that mate, made me laugh.

Protegimus

Haven't been able to use CSM2.. I get the "config M16A4 burst" error on startup.. hmm

Haven't been able to use CSM2.. I get the "config M16A4 burst" error on startup.. hmm

You need to provide more information if you want support.

The mod works fine and without errors, config, mods and system details required to understand the problem.

Protegimus

I'll try running arma 2 with just CSM2 and see if it works. I get this error even with vanilla arma 2.. but with mods.. nope.

CSM2 beta from a while ago worked fine. (1.02 i think)

If you are using CSM2 alone then you should put // in front of the #define CSM2_ACEX_SM line of the userconfig file and the error will disappear.

And yeah the Javelin sound is intact I heard the ACEX_SM Javelin sound because I used the two mods together but I decided to get rid of it for good.

In general, I followed the progress of this addon with every version since the beginning and I have to say you made/make big steps in the right direction.

One "issue" I noticed since the last 2 or 3 versions (since the m4-single-shot sound was replaced with the new one) is that the sound of the single-mode differs a bit more from the auto-mode-sound.

Before that, I think the sound-sources for the two modes were the same?! -For me, the old single-one or better the non-existent difference between the two modes was the better choice.

One question: Is it possible to change only the sound-data for the m4-single-shot in the newest version or do you have to change anything in the config, too?

Thanks for the continued support and releases.

I was wondering about using this and ACEX_SM. If we want to use CSM should we really remove ACEX_SM from our mod list? Or would that mean that some ACE guns would have no sound, or would they use a BIS default sound instead? Or does CSM have a sound for all the ACE guns too?

What about the vehicles? Do I still need to remove an ACE file to make sure I'm getting CSM vehicle sounds? What happens if I remove that file and Use the BMD2(for example)? Will it have no sound, a BIS sound, or a CSM sound?

sorry for all the questions but these are some things I have been wondering for a while.

Basically, I want to make sure I am using as many CSM sounds as possible, but I am unsure as to what happens if there is no CSM sound for a particular ACE object.

Any of the creators involved shed some light on this, please?

Any of the creators involved shed some light on this, please?

You don't have to touch ACEX_SM. Go to the ...\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\CSM2 folder and open the csm2_clientside_config.hpp file. Make sure there is nothing in front of #define CSM2_ACEX_SM. In your shortcut, put @CSM2 before @ACEX_SM and it will work perfectly.

yes please make the m249 like this and it'd be perfect

as in current version the only sound i find that hurts my ears is the SAW