Sign in to follow this  
chammy

New Sound Mod in the making, slowly but surely

The sample depicts the power and impact of firing the weapon really well and works with the ArmA 2 sound engine.

Absolutely well said, in my opinion. Being a musician and sound engineer myself (as my daily job) I know, no matter how great the video looks, the audio must deliver, at all times.

What the latest CSM does, compared to my previous tests, is give the feeling of shooting a bloody deadly badass assault rifle.

This was an area where CSM lacked a bit. With this improvement and the excellent spatialization and sense of battle field it always had, is going to be an excellent asset in a simulator like ArmA 2.

Edited by Reezo

Thanks for the complements guys and...

M1n1d0u, comment noted.

Anyway, the M4 sample was taken from a Diemaco C8. Yes it's not an M4A1, but it's a bloody good recording and very similar. What I'm looking to do is portray an element of what it's like to shoot an assault rifle, something I tried back in version 1.03.02, but wasn't happy with the result in game.

The sample depicts the power and impact of firing the weapon really well and works with the ArmA 2 sound engine.

Perhaps Chammy will work his magic and blend the weapons more into the soundscape. Combined with the more correct character, immediacy and power of the small arms it should lead to an awesome CSM3.

Protegimus

Pleasem keep that sound as it is, right now for me it's perfect, one of the best weapon sounds I've heard in any game (not in life, the two have to be handled differently).

Just a reminder, I'm still working on updating sounds as we speak, it's just a very very slow process, just to let yall know i'm still around and haven't forgotten about it. I've just been busy with the job, earthquakes, going through a job background process, then family life. Life got me by the balls heh

Hey Chammy,

Recently Ive been checking out mods and making combination's and such and did a previous vid with other mods, but I must say yours with ACE2 is a force to be reckoned with in regards to battle atmosphere. I wasn't sure about FPS guns and levels but to me this seems to be mixed via headphones (read me seems to reflect this) so I tried it out with ACE2 and then it struck me .... Yep .... use headphones for this! I have Senheisser HD25-SP2's and its really something through them.

Anyway ive been upping some real basic vids, heres the latest with an example ... great work sir :) .. this is nothing special but something none the less :)

FdyP_U1LtLw

Thanks Chammy for the mod and for the continuous working and development.

and thanks Cash for the video! You said it was just "ok", I think it's really cool: I love the vibe and atmosphere, Chernarus' dark side always entangles me :)

Why is it that the Auto sound of the AK-107 is so radically different from the Burst and Semi sounds?

Why is it that the Auto sound of the AK-107 is so radically different from the Burst and Semi sounds?

Yes this is one thing that drives me crazy

Can anyone delete this linked videos please, i cant see any reason to place them in this topic - and in no other topic in ArmA...

Just use the report button and ask the mods to remove the videos, I agree with you those vids have no place here at all.

Can anyone delete this linked videos please, i cant see any reason to place them in this topic - and in no other topic in ArmA...

Are you referring to my video post a page back? And who said you had the overruling view it should be in no other topic?

I can flip it to a URL link .. but then its still the link to the video, its not auto playing to cause bandwidth issue you don't have to play it, plus its completely related as its the mod in use as it should be ... and this thread IS the mods thread at this time.

Unless ive missed something I thought it was a gesture to up a video of the ambient sounds of the mod which promote it more anyway.

Remove it if needs be but for the life of me I cannot see an issue with it unless it was totally nothing to do with this mod and nested in quotes over many pages or something.

IF you weren't referring to mine, then ignore this post (I may be wrong of course).

Cash, I think it was aimed at Affe-mit-Waffe and not you, bud. ;)

Well I am torn between HIFI and this sound mod????????:yay: I like this one bettter right now.

Cash: Thanks for your video post by the way, it was the leading factor in my switch to this sound mod.

Edited by stevedrumsdw

this will be fixed, i swear, im checking into it now since I had not messed with the latest update yet

any version released yet?

just asking because everyone says its awesome but there are no links

this will be fixed, i swear, im checking into it now since I had not messed with the latest update yet

Awesome. It would rock if there were sounds for some of the unique ACE weapons as well (new AKs, M110, HK416s etc) in CSM when running it w/o ACEX_SM. :cool:

Awesome. It would rock if there were sounds for some of the unique ACE weapons as well (new AKs, M110, HK416s etc) in CSM when running it w/o ACEX_SM. :cool:

Yeah running this with with ACE_SM sounds great. Just a few brush ups here and there and this will be the best sound mod imo.

I suppost M4A1 on semi have AK-47 stock sound or i miss my install....

I can confirm that AK47/AKM sound is missing for me for some reason.

But M4A1 sounds are good for me.

Looks like they just updated the Sounds, check the Zeus server on Yoma :)

- version 1.04h (16.05.2010): Improved: AK107 single fire trailoff & automatic

fire now uses burst fire sound

Improved: AK47 single fire trailoff

Added: M4 single fire trailoff variation

- version 1.04h (16.05.2010): Improved: AK107 single fire trailoff & automatic

fire now uses burst fire sound

Improved: AK47 single fire trailoff

Added: M4 single fire trailoff variation

Thanks Ordeal! Very nice from you

@Chammy

I wish you would have used the configs andersson made for you. It would have made it alot easier to combine our mods... Still, tis your call.

Go ahead and use the update as you wish, but please don't mirror this for general download as I'm not finished working on the h release. Also, it's only received limited testing at this point.

Protegimus