Sign in to follow this  
chammy

New Sound Mod in the making, slowly but surely

Thanks for fixing the recoil bug, and for new sound environment modules. Downloading now, with „Yoma†of course :) .

Edited by gulag

thanks for the bug report Tawah

You're welcome. :cool:

Since I'm not a modmaker I can just kindly report bugs I encounter.

I will try this version that seems to contain promising enhancements.

I hope this isn't a stupid question. The instructions recommend the tracked vehicles sound mod and say that you can just drop it into the addons folder of CSM2. Does that also go for the other TRSM sound mods as well? If I drop in the TRSM wheeled vehicles and rotary wing mods, will they conflict with the existing CSM2 sounds for rotary wing and wheeled vehicles? Thanks.

hey awesome sound mod bud, but for some reason the trsm aircraft worked with last update but when i updated this last time now they do not work... did i do something wrong or do i need to reinstall them in the folder? thank you btw.

I hope this isn't a stupid question. The instructions recommend the tracked vehicles sound mod and say that you can just drop it into the addons folder of CSM2. Does that also go for the other TRSM sound mods as well? If I drop in the TRSM wheeled vehicles and rotary wing mods, will they conflict with the existing CSM2 sounds for rotary wing and wheeled vehicles? Thanks.

No stupid questions mate, I've not yet tried the other TRSM modules with CSM2.

If you're using a bunch of them I'd recommend creating a seperate, e.g. '@TRSM\Addons' directory and adding that to your -mod= shortcut parameter.

Nusbaum, that may help you as well as there is no reason the TRSM sounds shouldn't work, but certainly check the TRSM modules are still where you expect the to be - especially if you've used the 'Delete extra files option' in Yoma.

Protegimus

No stupid questions mate, I've not yet tried the other TRSM modules with CSM2.

If you're using a bunch of them I'd recommend creating a seperate, e.g. '@TRSM\Addons' directory and adding that to your -mod= shortcut parameter.

Nusbaum, that may help you as well as there is no reason the TRSM sounds shouldn't work, but certainly check the TRSM modules are still where you expect the to be - especially if you've used the 'Delete extra files option' in Yoma.

Protegimus

thank you sir, yeah i tried alot of different thing in the same folder and even tried reverting back to the older version to see if that was the case but still didnt work so im going to put it in its own folder and see if that eliminates the problem. thanks again for the help.

neg... i tried putting the pbos in their own folder and added the init in exe before the csm folder then tried putting them in the acex_sm folder and deleted the air pbo that were stock in there then did the same in the csm folder then tried version 1.03.4 and still no change then just to confirmed my pbos still worked i only loaded the trsm folder and they worked... dont know what happened but before i added the update tonight they were working fine unless the ace update or hotfix is making it conflicts sence the last time they worked together was before i updated ace... :( makes me sad though cuz i apsolutly love both sound mods and got kinda spoiled with them dont like playing the game without them, but neway amazing job non the less and all the feedback is very much appretiated.

Edited by Nusbaum
updated situation...

Are the M4/M16 sounds still being worked on? Still a bit too flat imho. Other than that, wonderful update, I really love hearing distant combat with this mod.

i have 2 different sound of burst fire with M16 :/

please chammy , resolve this.

Re the above; wasn't one of the features of the new version having multiple gunshot sounds for the one round, thus giving a bit more variety? Or am I reading this wrong?

Re the above; wasn't one of the features of the new version having multiple gunshot sounds for the one round, thus giving a bit more variety? Or am I reading this wrong?

You are correct :) In larger battles this reduces the chance of identical gun sounds at the same time phasing (swoosh sound) by introducing alternative gun sound effects.

It does sound a little odd when you fire your gun on your own though but, meh - it's not a biggie!

i have 2 different sound of burst fire with M16 :/

please chammy , resolve this.

It's been this way for a long time(if not from first version), only problem with it is that some weapons changes to a completely new sound which sounds very odd!

Chammy said it was a experiment and this is still a beta :)

Which version of CSM and which version of AmA2 do you all have?

CSM2 1.04c

Arma 2 1.5.0.63826

I haven't noticed the multiple weapon noises recently. Either I'm getting used to it or there was a change in one of the updates.

CSM2 1.04c

ArmA 2 v1.05.62017 (thats 1.05 final)

I play a lot with the PKM/PKP and they often change to a new sound on reload which is not close to the first sound.

I haven't noticed the multiple weapon noises recently. Either I'm getting used to it or there was a change in one of the updates.

It's not happening with all weapons!

Hi Chammy and guys,

i have reworked the m16 and m4 sounds,i think it is better and more realistic ...do you like it ? i hope so :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XixzuSrNFns

i reworked a few other sounds too ...ak47,m240,cal.50 ari impacts,handgrenades when you like it, contact me and i will you sending this package.

best regards stephsen

Edited by stephsen