Sign in to follow this  
chammy

New Sound Mod in the making, slowly but surely

I'm sorry to hear that, nothing is more important than family, I wish you good luck.

how dare you put your family before making a sound mod for a bunch of strangers on the internet!

Grab the pitch forks!

Excellent job soldier, well done, i use your sound mod, since Arma 1, and for me, this is the best sound mod ever...battlefield not the same with no Chammy, trying and you will be never dissapointed!

Thanks again! :)

Can someone please help motivate me?

Dont stop mate! Loved all your hard work up to now... here, have this;

kgmgXdtW3Ls

(Yes, its rough but I too am reguarly strained for time by RL ;))

Edited by Mr Sarkey

nice movie :ok:

@chammy

Cheer up! and never give up

Edited by bensdale

Dont stop mate! Loved all your hard work up to now... here, have this;

LOL. That's awesome.

My ex filed a contempt against a court order so I have to clear it up.

Sorry to hear that.

Good luck!

I hope you make it out the other side OK man, and not just because I want the greatest sound mod ever created either ;)

Hey chammy your sound mod is awesome but i am having a few issues, im not sure if its just me because the explosion sounds seem kind of dull or weak i should say especially the artillery when it hits, any ideas? seems to be the same with all explosions grenades, RPG's etc.

apart from that everything sounds great, the small arms fire sounds very nice.

Chammy, take care of yourself first, then finish the mod. Just know this, even if you never finish it, I'll keep it in its current state - that's how good it is.

I have to sign that. Keep it up Chammy!

Where can we download the latest version of this amazing sound mod? I've never got to test it out for myself yet

Hey all, I'm good now, the case was thrown out! woohoo!

but now, im faced with another agenda.....buying a copy of Win 7 Ultimate and saving my files. I have until today 4 pm. Shit on a stick. SO I might be releasing an update today just to get one outof the way for the time being so I dont lose all my material. Does anyone know if I have to buy a whole new copy of Win 7 Ultimate , or can i just upgrade. I have the RC1 7100 build. I want the Home Premium but the warning says for me to get Ultimate. It says to install "any" edition of Windows Ultimate

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

Hey chammy your sound mod is awesome but i am having a few issues, im not sure if its just me because the explosion sounds seem kind of dull or weak i should say especially the artillery when it hits, any ideas? seems to be the same with all explosions grenades, RPG's etc.

apart from that everything sounds great, the small arms fire sounds very nice.

Protegimus or myself will need to go through and fix that, or tweak it or add a few new sounds.

Hey all, I'm good now, the case was thrown out! woohoo!

but now, im faced with another agenda.....buying a copy of Win 7 Ultimate and saving my files. I have until today 4 pm. Shit on a stick. SO I might be releasing an update today just to get one outof the way for the time being so I dont lose all my material. Does anyone know if I have to buy a whole new copy of Win 7 Ultimate , or can i just upgrade. I have the RC1 7100 build. I want the Home Premium but the warning says for me to get Ultimate. It says to install "any" edition of Windows Ultimate

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

Protegimus or myself will need to go through and fix that, or tweak it or add a few new sounds.

You'll need to get a full copy I think. I just got it (Home Premium), I was looking at Ultimate but XP compatibility mode was the only thing I really wanted.

Edited by LJF

You'll need to get a full copy I think. I just got it (Home Premium), I was looking at Ultimate but XP compatibility mode was the only thing I really wanted.

You mean the Home Premium of XP or of Windows 7? Ultimate is just so damned expesive though. SO really, there is no way to save anything on the computer right?

Here's is what I am going to look like when the expiration hits and I have not backed up my files:

Chammy read this

To avoid interruption, please reinstall a prior version of Windows or move to Windows 7. In either case, you'll need to do a custom (clean) install to replace the RC. As with any clean installation, you'll need to back up your data then reinstall your applications and restore the data.

Chammy read this

:( :k:

You don't need Ultimate, Home or Pro should do just fine, but I always go with Pro. You can just pay for the upgrade version since you already have XP. I suggest you copy all your important stuff to a USB drive or something before the upgrade.

Glad to hear the personal troubles are out of the way. :)

If you have two hard drives or more, you only need to format the hard drive that has OS on it, other hard drives keeps its contents.

Thanks for update.

Remember to have only one hard drive connected when you are installing Win7. It will put recovery files on a different hard drive and then bitch if you ever move it. With one hard drive, it makes a secret partition and puts the recovery files there.

One day, someone will fix win7 details pane.... I hope.

You don't need Ultimate, Home or Pro should do just fine, but I always go with Pro. You can just pay for the upgrade version since you already have XP. I suggest you copy all your important stuff to a USB drive or something before the upgrade.

Glad to hear the personal troubles are out of the way. :)

Well, I have a "copy" of XP, that's the only thing. i bought it off of an Auction site, I found out later I had to keep updating the version because of the validation warning kept coming up because it wasn't a legit copy, I didn't know it was till I received the copy, so the guy would send out details on getting around the warning every so often.

That might hinder my ability to get an upgrade from Win XP to Win 7 if the system checks to see whether or not its a legit copy and asks for a serial number.