Sign in to follow this  
chammy

New Sound Mod in the making, slowly but surely

Here's a sneek peek of some of the sounds in CSM2.

I recorded a quick firing range test for some of the most important BLUFOR weapons: M4, M203, M16, M249, M9, M136, SMAW, DMR.

You can watch the videos on my YT channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/sr5tactical

An example, the M16 tests:

MK-lDb-NmCQ

Could you SERIOUSLY bump up the pistol sounds. All the pistols sound like Pellet guns, especially the M9. I would assume the 1911 would be pretty beastly sounding since its a .45 caliber. Maybe try to make them sound like RH's pistols. Now that's what a good pistol should sound like! :)

I recorded a quick firing range test for some of the most important BLUFOR weapons: M4, M203, M16, M249, M9, M136, SMAW, DMR.

:confused:...ahem M240? Us machinegunners wants to know bro;)

I like the new sounds BTW this is great work.:yay: M240 and M249 sounds are awesome.

Edited by SgtMjr

Chammy & Team, can you guys implement the apache gun sounds like in this video i made?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi_3xGxSkSY

It not perfect editing, but i made it rather quick :D

hmmm, well, it's not going to sound like some Tonka truck though lol, thats because the pilot/gunner is in the cockpit and above the chain gun. Most likely it wont be like that.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

:confused:...ahem M240? Us machinegunners wants to know bro;)

I like the new sounds BTW this is great work.:yay: M240 and M249 sounds are awesome.

New sounds?

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Could you SERIOUSLY bump up the pistol sounds. All the pistols sound like Pellet guns, especially the M9. I would assume the 1911 would be pretty beastly sounding since its a .45 caliber.

Not really but, it is a lot more of a thump though, or *pow*

:confused:...ahem M240? Us machinegunners wants to know bro ;)

Here is a little treat for the Medium Machineguns lovers:

M240, Mk-48, M60, the three beauties.

1GBdxmg0fQw

Maybe you can add a new Sound for the M60?

This muffled Sound kills the whole atmosphere :D!

@Albertors Thanks man! :)

You're welcome! In situations like these - no matter what you do - you always think you're not giving back enough compared to what Chammy's and Protegimus' (and all the others) have done.

At least it's something! ;)

-A

Ya i would have to say the m60 in particular needs less chunkchunkchunkchunk

and more taukataukataukataukatauka

An update is almost done :)

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

Ya i would have to say the m60 in particular needs less chunkchunkchunkchunk

and more taukataukataukataukatauka

hmm, remmeber what was said earlier, recording mic has a lot to do with the way the vid sounds, not only that, they are firing under a awning so the natural sound will not be projected right

What Chammy is saying is absolutely right. There is never going to be an "absolute" point of view, microphones have their own perspective and using that perspective is mandatory since we're not generating the sound naturally (i.e. firing a real M60 every time you shoot in-game :)) but replicating a captured event.

Take this from some kind of professional sound engineer as daily job ;)

I am going to release an updated video showing off the updated sounds as soon as the update is released ;) Thanks team! Alberto out :)

Anyone else having a problem with rate of fire, I will either be stuck with single fire/m203 or full auto/smoke or some sort of combo like that, I cannot get my full set up of single/full/grenade/smoke/M203.

Updated, then i found out the AK74, Bizon(non-sd) and RPK have no sound.

Also, AK107 have no burst sound. I also find that the XM8 rifles(not the MG) is "muffed"compared to the other weapons. You could try to up the volume of the rifle?

KSVK also seems to have some variation of the M107 sound interfering a few times each magazine.

Other then that, i find the mod excellent. Especially the AK's(47 in particular,sounds awesome).

Only really tested the weapons/impact/explosions sounds, as i'm pretty happy with RH heli and TRSM for the rest and Vop environment and gear.

Keep up the good work!:)

Is anyone having problems with the M40 not having any ammo when selecting it from the ammo box?

Is anyone having problems with the M40 not having any ammo when selecting it from the ammo box?

No problems on that. M40 sounds great btw. A good punch in the sound.

Am I the only one getting this?

If I use the CSM2 mod I get the following error when starting ARMA2 even with just this mod enabled.

CSM2_error.jpg

[edit] Also get this error when I use TR Sounds but only the Rotary wing sounds and also with Robert Hammers Heli sounds so it must be some sort of issue with the UH-1Y [edit]

Is anyone else getting this? Is there a fix for this?

[edit2]Seems you have to have the ACE2 mod running in order for this to work, enabled tha ACE mod and the error went away[edit2]

SD

Edited by Soupdragon

An update is almost done :)

Looking forward to it, i really hope you have worked on the M4 sound though :)

Am I the only one getting this?

If I use the CSM2 mod I get the following error when starting ARMA2 even with just this mod enabled.

[edit] Also get this error when I use TR Sounds but only the Rotary wing sounds and also with Robert Hammers Heli sounds so it must be some sort of issue with the UH-1Y [edit]

Is anyone else getting this? Is there a fix for this?

[edit2]Seems you have to have the ACE2 mod running in order for this to work, enabled tha ACE mod and the error went away[edit2]

SD

you need to update all those mods you are using... that problem was like weeks ago.

That's the point I ain't using any other mods apart from CSM2

SD

But as he says have you updated it?

can I use csm2 with TRSM? just write in target line: @CMS2;@TRSM or need to delete some addons?

Also, AK107 have no burst sound.!:)

I have the same problem.

Also, AK107 have no burst sound.

I can confirm this.

Also, the burst fire on the BMP-2 (30mm high rate of fire) is only a single sound, instead of a burst. It will fire about 5 shots, but you'll hear only one 'bang'.

Using latest ACE2.