Sign in to follow this  
chammy

New Sound Mod in the making, slowly but surely

Yeah, you're really getting ahead of yourself there mate. There is no reason to edit modification config config.cpp or .hpp files - no way I'd expect that of anyone!

The file where you edit the contents is the client side config text file:

\userconfig\csm2\csm2_clientside_config.hpp

Here are the instructions for setting that correctly when you don't have ACE installed.

Protegimus

LOL, yeah, it's ok now. Notice I restated what I said. I figured out what I was doing wrong. Kinda waste of energy when all I had to do was place the extra file into the ArmA2 folder

Please consider distributing via six-updater, it's perfect for large mods in flux.

Please consider distributing via six-updater, it's perfect for large mods in flux.

ok, was thinking the same thing.

Please provide information on how to do this if you can and I'll look into it.

As I understand it an API to allow mod teams to manage their own distribution is in development. In the meantime I guess it is a little more dependant on Sickboy adding updates. HERE is a list of mods currently available, you'll see it already includes several sound mods. I suppose Sickboy would need to be approached either by PM here or (better) by posting a support request at DevHeaven in the six-updater project space.

Dont know on who's area of responsibility this lies, but who mod has control of the UH1Y minigun? I am using ACE and CSM2 so I dont know where to post this bug, but if you fire the minigun (manual fire at least) it goes then it cuts off.

Dont know on who's area of responsibility this lies, but who mod has control of the UH1Y minigun? I am using ACE and CSM2 so I dont know where to post this bug, but if you fire the minigun (manual fire at least) it goes then it cuts off.

First try with CSM2 only then try with ACE_SM only and you'll find out where it goes wrong :)

I think that lies in the sound file, i will go in and correct it. The length might not be correct

Best Soundmod at the moment, thanks!

(Now I´ve a mix out of AcE,CSM and HiFi)

But maybe you´ll fix the M249 Sound(bug?) the distance Sound (2-xxx meters) just "sucks". :D

And the M16 is not "powerfull" enough If you firing it in First Person.

Some other weapons too.

AMAZING....AMAZING...

Thank you guys for making this and share with us...

It sounds really amazing....

Thanks again.

_neo_

Great work on the latest beta! Been using it on our server for the past 3 hrs and especially the huge firefights gained some intensity from this mod. But the icing on the cake surely was the arty sound which stems from one of my (only 2) favourite arty vids! ArmAmazing :yay:

Just to be sure, should I run CSM2 with ACE_SM ????? or just CSM2, thanks all.

It would probably be safer to put ACE_SM and then CSM2 on your shortcut, I guess.

I am so happy about this beta, waiting so long for it.. Big thanks again!

Someone said to use the Six Updater, but i don't think this method is not really comfortable.

Please take a look at Yoma Addon Sync:

http://www.yomatools.be/

It is much more userfriendly and other Mods are downloadable too with this.

For example i update ACE with one Klick after Yoma Sync is started.

I've really been looking forward to the release of this mod and I just saw the DL link so I downloaded it, and I tried testing it in game multiple times and I just cannot get it to work properly. I've tested almost all the weapons and the only one changed is the M16. All other guns are the same. Im using ACE2, I thought it was supposed to be compatible. But it works if I run ArmA II on a different shortcut without anything but CSM2 running. Even if I load the game with my addons folder(@All) the sound mod doesnt work besides the M16. So im thinking its more than just ACE2 conflicting. Ahhh. So many problems.

Can you please help me out?

This is what my shortcut target line looks like -"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 33900 -nosplash -mod=@ACE;@ACEX;@CBA;@ACEX_PLA;@ACEX_SM;@CSM2;@CAA1;@OAC_core;@WarFXParticles;@JTD;@All;@BWMod;@TRSM_Tracked_Vehicles

Edited by Enad

I think that lies in the sound file, i will go in and correct it. The length might not be correct

Wow, I re-read my last post and I sure do sound tired, got a new computer last night and have been stayed up transfering files and loading up ArmA2:yay:

Yeah I was spraying with the mini and it would go for a bit then the sound would cut out. Havent had the chance to get into any major firefights yet, so I cant really say anymore except the fact that I know this will be the sound mod of choice for any ArmA enthusiast

Awesome mod Chammy and team!!! :D

Seriously the best sound mod ever!! In the future, could you guys include a mortar sound effect? Like this >

fast forward to 0:38 for best demo of what i mean

whistling sound + impact sound

impact sound on road

Edited by MrAgentGuy

It might be, but I tested it with the AH-6 and it was fine.

I'll test tomorrow with the UH1Y and post back - thanks for the heads up.

Also, you'll need the original .wav file as I just recently added the new sample. The .wss files are companded and this results in very poor quality if you convert them back to .wav

Best Soundmod at the moment, thanks!

(Now I´ve a mix out of AcE,CSM and HiFi)

But maybe you´ll fix the M249 Sound(bug?) the distance Sound (2-xxx meters) just "sucks". :D

And the M16 is not "powerfull" enough If you firing it in First Person.

Some other weapons too.

Thanks WaffelO. That M249 distant sound is likely ACEX_SM. CSM2 does not have 2-xxx trailoff distance.

Test CSM2 by itself and if you can be more specific about exactly what you experience and how you tested, it will make it so much easier to investigate and correct.

I've only fired the M16A2 and to me it was a rather lightweight sound in comparison to other 5.56mm rifles like the L85/L86 or HK53. To me, Chammy captured the percussion and muzzle blast quite nicely and when I turn the volume up a bit (which generally seems to give better results with ArmA 2 sound engine) it sounds just great - results are going to vary considerably on different systems of course.

@ Defunkt - I've PM'd Sickboy re Six Updater, hopefully we'll get that ability soon.

+1, this definitely deserves a seat next to all the other sound mods.

This is what my shortcut target line looks like -"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 33900 -nosplash -mod=@ACE;@ACEX;@CBA;@ACEX_PLA;@ACEX_SM;@CSM2;@CAA1;@OAC_core;@WarFXParticles;@JTD;@All;@BWMod;@TRSM_Tracked_Vehicles

Try placing @CBA at the beginning, and @CSM2 at the end, or at least past anything sound related.

Make sure your csm2_clientside_config.cpp is placed at "...\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\CSM2", and if you're running ACE, make sure there's no "//" infront of the #define CSM2_ACEX_SM. I've also found that running ACE and CSM2 without ACEX_SM will produce an error, so it's probably best to run all three.

Okay so I tested it with just ACE2 and CSM2. And it works. So now the problem seems to lie inside my addons folder(@All). Arg..I'll do some other tests and screw around with a few things to see if I can get this working.

Okay I got it working. Turns out there were a few SOW mod files left in my addons folder from when I used to use it. I wonder if I ever even got to use the ACE2 sound mod to its fullest. :confused:

Oh well it works now. :yay:

Edited by Enad

I think I may be confused, I was busy for a few days and have looked through the thread but found not a clear explaination. I am using ACE mod (ACEX_SM) with CSM2, do I have to choose between them? I mean is it possible not to run ACE without ACEX_SM?

I think I may be confused, I was busy for a few days and have looked through the thread but found not a clear explaination. I am using ACE mod (ACEX_SM) with CSM2, do I have to choose between them? I mean is it possible not to run ACE without ACEX_SM?

Yes its possible and yes you can use both i am. :)

Great sounds by the way love the sounds in the distance very satisfying :D only thing i slightly dislike about this mod so far is that when the player fires the weapons they seem abit to quiet with no real thump behind them... for example the machine guns sound great from afar but if you're right next to a squad mate or firing one your self it just seems very quiet for such a weapon no real kick if you get what i'm trying to say :confused: other than that this is the best sound mod so far thanks. :D

Great sounds by the way love the sounds in the distance very satisfying :D only thing i slightly dislike about this mod so far is that when the player fires the weapons they seem abit to quiet with no real thump behind them... for example the machine guns sound great from afar but if you're right next to a squad mate or firing one your self it just seems very quiet for such a weapon no real kick if you get what i'm trying to say :confused: other than that this is the best sound mod so far thanks. :D

:yeahthat:

Yeah the sounds at a distance are really really nice and the bullets zipping over your head too. but up close they could use more "oomph" imo

The best sound mod so far, keep it up, your work is very appreciated, thanks. I think the sound from „first person„ view is quite good, if it uses a decent sound card. This sound reminds me of the time when I was in the army, AK sound I mean. (sure, was a little stronger). Thanks again.

I love the overall sounds in the mod, the echo's, impacts, quality and variation are tremendous. Great work and a big Thankyou for all your hard work.

I have to agree with a few of the others on the more oomph/volume from the players perspective. They're just a bit muffled and quiet - mainly M16s, M4s and M240 are the ones I've noticed. The AK's sound really good from the players view though imo.