Sign in to follow this  
chammy

New Sound Mod in the making, slowly but surely

Happy New Year everyone!

Try this CSM2 beta release for ArmA 2 version: 1.05, still lots of work to do to refine it and produce CSM3, but combat is pretty intense and thanks to Chammy it has CSM DNA at its core.

It works with version 1.05 and ACE2 and is configured for ACE support by default.

Hopefully between Chammy, Andersson, Mark, vo.2, myself and anyone else that has time and skill to dedicate and contribute, I'm sure we can co-ordinate efforts to produce the best quality sounds for ArmA2.

Protegimus

Sweet! Thanks very much.:yay:

the russian PKP have with CSM2 a "5 round burst modus"

and this error comes (at start ArmA II)

Addon CSM2_s_Weapons requires addon acex_sm_wep_pistol

This message is displayed when the configuration file is set to override ACE2 weapon sounds, but you didn't load @ACEX_SM, or you're not using ACE2 at all!

In your client configuration file:

...\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\CSM2\csm2_clientside_config.hpp

comment out the #define CSM2_ACEX_SM by preceding it with `//' as shown below:

//Uncomment to enable replacement of ACE2 sounds
//#define CSM2_ACEX_SM

That will remove the check for the ACE2 files.

I was aware of the Pecheneg burst mode, this has been returned to single shot automatic thanks.

From the errors people are reporting it seems like the config is based on the arma1 config? No worries, arma2 configs soon on the way to chammy.

Config is ArmA2 there is no ArmA content, cool if you take a look and can improve it though.

Ok tried it out, 1st thing, liked the bullet crack sounds and explosions very nice ... Mark XIII knows what I mean when it comes to weapon sounds.

That's fine mate, the best thing is it is designed so you can use Mark's mod with this and/or ACE2, TRSM, RH Heli sounds all at the same time, just use what you do like and bin what you don't.

I fired up the beta of CSM2 but it gave this message:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVoice.dan'.

The when I loaded a mission Arma stopped responding... tried 3 times, with and without ACE2 running....

Any ideas how to sort it?

Cheers

Have a look at your arma2.RPT, the cause will almost certainly be logged there. Post the info as a spoiler if you need a hand analysing it.

Protegimus

Edited by Protegimus

Config is ArmA2 there is no ArmA content, cool if you take a look and can improve it though.

Ahh, cool. Just assuming. I'm deep into HiFi configs now so I dont dare involve me directly in another project. I guess you know what I mean as a configger? :p

Anyway, When Im done with the hifi weapons I will give you and chammy the configs. They will work out of the box by just adding sounds and that will mean 100% compability between the two mods. But you do what you see fit with it!

This message is displayed when the configuration file is set to override ACE2 weapon sounds, but you didn't load @ACEX_SM, or you're not using ACE2 at all!

In your client configuration file:

...\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\CSM2\csm2_clientside_config.hpp

comment out the #define CSM2_ACEX_SM by preceding it with `//' as shown below:

//Uncomment to enable replacement of ACE2 sounds
//#define CSM2_ACEX_SM

That will remove the check for the ACE2 files.

I was aware of the Pecheneg burst mode, this has been returned to single shot automatic thanks.

Protegimus

I have this error when i do that

File CSM2_c_Weapons\weapons.h, line 145: /cfgWeapons/m16a4.Single: Member already defined.

I have this error when i do that

Bugfixed version available from download link for all!

Readme is also updated to more clearly explain the options for mixing sound mods.

Protegimus

Edited by Protegimus
Added disable for G36 battle sight with ACE2 config enabled

Bugfixed version available from download link for those experiencing this problem.

Readme is also updated to more clearly explain the options for mixing sound mods.

Protegimus

Thx i redownload and now i don't have that error :)

Good to see two great soundmodding teams working together so well, it's already inspired to me to do a bit of soundmodding. :)

Bugfixed version available from download link for those experiencing this problem.

Protegimus

i downloaded and didnt have the

userconfig/ etc etc hpp for ace

i downloaded and didnt have the

userconfig/ etc etc hpp for ace

same problem

Could you make that g36 qcb mode optional please? I only play with ace2 and there you have already both scopes in use with their qcb mode which i preffer.

maybe in the userconfig, so only have to comment or uncomment something to get rid of this feature.

Argh, i'm having the same error about userconfig for ACE. Is it because I do not have ACE yet? I tried changing that comment or uncomment but still didnt work. Am i supposed to place the cpp file someplace else?

Thanks everyone for your props and thanks Protegimus.. Mind you all this is Beta and another update is due to come out.

Edited by Chammy

Argh, i'm having the same error about userconfig for ACE. Is it because I do not have ACE yet? I tried changing that comment or uncomment but still didnt work. Am i supposed to place the cpp file someplace else?

Thanks everyone for your props and thanks Protegimus.. Mind you all this is Beta and another update is due to come out.

You grabbed the bugfix version by the sound of it mate, full update available now from the download link.

You only need to uncomment the #define CSM2_ACEX_SM directive in ArmA2\userconfig\csm2_clientside_config.hpp if you have ACE installed.

Protegimus

Happy New Year everyone!

Try this CSM2 beta release for ArmA 2 version: 1.05, still lots of work to do to refine it and produce CSM3, but combat is pretty intense and thanks to Chammy it has CSM DNA at its core.

It works with version 1.05 and ACE2 and is configured for ACE support by default.

Hopefully between Chammy, Andersson, Mark, vo.2, myself and anyone else that has time and skill to dedicate and contribute, I'm sure we can co-ordinate efforts to produce the best quality sounds for ArmA2.

Protegimus

You say this is configured for the latest ace version correct? if so than this is good news & well done :D,

Just a quick question do I have to change anything in my ACE config folder?

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

You grabbed the bugfix version by the sound of it mate, full update available now from the download link.

You only need to uncomment the #define CSM2_ACEX_SM directive in ArmA2\userconfig\csm2_clientside_config.hpp if you have ACE installed.

Protegimus

Just a quick quesiton by uncomment do you mean remove or place the // infront of the #define, also, Can I just put this userconfig file into the ACE client side conf folder?

Edited by Drew

Protegimus

Sorry Pro, but I still don't quite understand. I don't have any ACE mod installed at all.

ok, this is what I have done, or that's done right now in weapon.h file:

class m16a4 : M16A2 {

modes[] = {"Single", "Burst"};

//#ifndef CSM2_ACEX_SM

class Single; // External class reference

class Burst; // External class reference

#endif

Ok, now in the config.cpp :

#define true 1

#define false 0

#include "\userconfig\csm2\csm2_clientside_config.hpp"

class CfgPatches

{

class CSM2_s_Weapons

{

units[] = {};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 1.02;

// "CAData","CAAir","CAAir2","CAAir3","CAA10","CACharacters",

requiredAddons[] = {"CASounds","CAWeapons","CAWeapons2"

// ,"CAWheeled","CAWheeled2","CAWheeled3","CATracked","CATracked2"

//#ifndef CSM2_ACEX_SM

,"acex_sm_c_sound_wep_pistol","acex_sm_c_sound_wep_rifle","acex_sm_c_sound_wep_smg"

#endif

};

};

};

This is starting to get frustrating, I've been running around this like a chicken without a head

---------- Post added at 05:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 AM ----------

NEWS FLASH****

Ok, I got it now. I was over looking how to stick this into the ArmA2 folder, i feel sheepish.

But another requirement error popped up but is not preventing the game to load. Something about a pistol used in acex mod , which I do not have installed.

Edited by Chammy
had to add a few things

hi chammy just wanted to say you have done an awesome job on these sounds yet again so just wanted to say thank you to team that helped you create it

[KH]DF

This is starting to get frustrating, I've been running around this like a chicken without a head

Yeah, you're really getting ahead of yourself there mate. There is no reason to edit modification config config.cpp or .hpp files - no way I'd expect that of anyone!

The file where you edit the contents is the client side config text file:

\userconfig\csm2\csm2_clientside_config.hpp

Here are the instructions for setting that correctly when you don't have ACE installed.

Protegimus

Very nice Sound Mod you done there. It feels like the real war^^

Ive done a little vid to show some of the sounds...enjoy

XsiDp7RdGxk

NOTE: the radio Chatter are NOT included.

Could someone plz give a link again with the userconfig file.

In the link i got from Protegimu there was no userconfig folder inside.

edit: reload of donwload fixed it.Sry.