Sign in to follow this  
chammy

New Sound Mod in the making, slowly but surely

is there an christmas-suprise near by :D :dancehead:

no feb

Alex72

that was a good vid, here is 1 I found where the arty is landing much closer to the camera and the Whooosh can be heard very well.

fast forward to 2:23

http://www.apacheclips.com/media/8307/Incoming_Artillery/

if this sound could be implemented I would have nightmares after playing.

Can't wait for this awesome sound mod.

sound is what really drives immersion.

Yeah very clear and crisp sound!

My video was merely to show the style of what they sound like. And im also sure Chammy already knows so it was more of a reminder - *poke poke* kinda. :)

JW Custom:

Cool sounding in that mission of yours! :)

I hope this would be a one off solution for all sound from guns to choppers, basicly I am using a tons of mods from Vop to Hifi to RH chopper sound just to make the game sounds right and I have no idea if those sound would work with ACE(still not tested yet)

I hope this would be a one off solution for all sound from guns to choppers, basicly I am using a tons of mods from Vop to Hifi to RH chopper sound just to make the game sounds right and I have no idea if those sound would work with ACE(still not tested yet)

It sure would make life easier with one package :)

You don´t need RH together with ACE, they implemented it

That's good to know.

Actually, is there a list of mods, sound or otherwise that have been implemented or even confilct with ACE? Sorry off topic I know.

It was nice to stumble upon this thread... just checked out the youtube video and its sounding really sweet. cant wait

Alex72

that was a good vid, here is 1 I found where the arty is landing much closer to the camera and the Whooosh can be heard very well.

fast forward to 2:23

http://www.apacheclips.com/media/8307/Incoming_Artillery/

if this sound could be implemented I would have nightmares after playing.

Can't wait for this awesome sound mod.

sound is what really drives immersion.

The Sound of War mod has this already so I'm sure other sound mods wouldn't have trouble implementing it.

I was hoping to get this for Christmas. It would have been a perfect ARMA 2 festive season. New PC build ( i7, HD5870, 6G RAM) that gives me great frame rates, ACE 2, the 1.05 update and Chammy's Sound Mod would have been the icing on the cake, so to speak.

Sigh...

Well, in the words of the poet "You can't always get what you want"

Here's to a Merry Christmas to everyone and maybe we'll see Chammy's creation in the New Year and it'll be Dancin' Bananas :yay: time!!

I was hoping to get this for Christmas.

There's another christmas next year :p

I have tryed all available Sound-Mods for Arma2, but they arent like Chammys earlier releases!

Still alive Chammy? ;-)

Cheers!

^^^

Indeed. I still remember the first time I tried a sound mod in OFP was Chammy's and fell in love instantly with that deep bassy punch of a gunshot.

Chammy, does your mod replace bullet impact sounds? They sound pretty whimpy at the moment to me. Not sure if they're vanilla or ACE's but neither have a threatening sound/volume.

Hey guys

It seems I've run into a snag since I updated to 1.05, now I get this error "invalid crew civilian" and I have been trying to resolve it myself hee, but I am failing.

So far VOP's works with 1.05 to my surprise but not CSM3 ( which is what it will be called but might rename it since I am getting help from Protegimus and Mark:D )

Can anyone help me with this? I disabled all 3rd party mods. Till I was down to mine and I disabled that also and now it works. But won't with my Mod enabled. What gives.

I will be awake and checking forums every now and then.

Hey guys

It seems I've run into a snag since I updated to 1.05, now I get this error "invalid crew civilian" and I have been trying to resolve it myself hee, but I am failing.

So far VOP's works with 1.05 to my surprise but not CSM3 ( which is what it will be called but might rename it since I am getting help from Protegimus and Mark:D )

Can anyone help me with this? I disabled all 3rd party mods. Till I was down to mine and I disabled that also and now it works. But won't with my Mod enabled. What gives.

I will be awake and checking forums every now and then.

@Chammy

I had this bug and i fixed it by this:

this class UH1Y: Helicopter change to class UH1Y: UH1_Base

and try it ingame :p

I have seen that same problem also and I believe that will fix it oh yeah I think you may need this hotfix

http://www.arma2.com/downloads/update/EW_hotfix.zip

Oh yeah, I have the Hotfix installed, i think I installed it correctly; I over wrote the one that is already in the addons folder right?

Oh yeah, we are having earthquake swarms lately. Had a 5.9 earlier today, man did it shake here, felt like an elephant had lifted my house up an inch and then dropped it heh. pretty scary

thanks guys I'm going ot try this

, sorry for the delay..again, like ArmA1 also :S :dead:

Oh yeah, I have the Hotfix installed, i think I installed it correctly; I over wrote the one that is already in the addons folder right?

Oh yeah, we are having earthquake swarms lately. Had a 5.9 earlier today, man did it shake here, felt like an elephant had lifted my house up an inch and then dropped it heh. pretty scary

thanks guys I'm going ot try this

, sorry for the delay..again, like ArmA1 also :S :dead:

If I remember correctly when they patched 1.05 they forgot or changed something to do with the UH1Y. I am using the ACE mod and there were problems that they had to fix with the classification of UH1Y so ACE would work properly. So I think if you fix it then all should be good.