Which browser do you use?  

317 members have voted

1. 1. Which browser do you use?

• Internet Explorer
    • Firefox
    • Safari
    • Chrome
    • Opera
    • Mobile Phone Browsers (S60 Browser, Mini Opera, iPhone etc)
    • Other (Please state)

Opera - because i can block popups advertisments and by + an - easy check photos :)

i like Opera very much :)

from other side my informaticians(coders) in work says that Firefox is best when it comes to safety

so i use FF when i buy something or pay

Never tested this myself as i am well enough with my Firefox, but i noticed on another board someone giving a link to Iron.

http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron_chrome_vs_iron.php

The whole point of Iron seems to be built on the same open source code as google Chrome, and so offers the same feature as it, but with all the data collecting/privacy problem supposedly removed.

Could be a good idea for people liking Chrome but being concerned by how their privacy is used by Google.

I really don't understand all the hype about the FF extensions. The ones that have been mentioned here are totally worthless for me and for everyone I know. :D

Not if you are somehow involved in net developments. Firebug, Prism and other addons are something no other browser can provide. If you run a webpage then this is absolutely crucial.

Not if you are somehow involved in net developments. Firebug, Prism and other addons are something no other browser can provide. If you run a webpage then this is absolutely crucial.

Like I said, totally worthless for me and for everyone I know :D. But I get your point, and I agree with you there.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Never tested this myself as i am well enough with my Firefox, but i noticed on another board someone giving a link to Iron.

http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron_chrome_vs_iron.php

The whole point of Iron seems to be built on the same open source code as google Chrome, and so offers the same feature as it, but with all the data collecting/privacy problem supposedly removed.

Could be a good idea for people liking Chrome but being concerned by how their privacy is used by Google.

I've found it about a week ago. It's great. No more Chrome as long as they keep it up to date with each Chrome new release. But one word of advice though: you loose the search-as-you-type feature that is the one thing most people like about Chrome (after the speed.)

Firefox on XP and Opera on XP64.

I am not interested in Chrome, it's by Google afterall. The number one internet webspying ad company, I don't even use google anymore, I just discovered Scroogle. The only google thing I still use is Youtube, but that's declining pretty fast with all those ads.

http://www.scroogle.org/gifs/goognyt.gif

I am not interested in Chrome, it's by Google afterall.

The supposed privacy issues behind Chrome are grossly over-exaggerated.

I always find this line of argument ironic, as the people who take it generally use plenty of software where there is an actual plausible threat that someone's spying on your. Take Windows for example, or the anti-piracy software on your games :p

Edited by echo1

It's not the main reason that I don't use it, I like Opera.

I always find this line of argument ironic, as the people who take it generally use plenty of software where there is an actual plausible threat that someone's spying on your. Take Windows for example, or the anti-piracy software on your games :p

True, but you can limit it by not using other stuff that do that too. Anti-piracy software sounds more like anti-consumer in my ears. ;)

Firefox + NoScript all the way, which by the way means Google does NOT get to gather lots of info since I simply block out google-analytics.com :P

You are kidding right? Analytics Has nothing to do with AdSense. Read up instead of doing uninformed decisions. The only one you are hurting is not Google but BIS in this case. Funny your nick is quite fitting.

I used Firefox for the longest time. But, when I encountered the problem of Firefox not saving my cookies, and me having to re-enter my login information to every site I went to, and no fix in sight. I switched to Chrome.

I used Firefox for the longest time. But, when I encountered the problem of Firefox not saving my cookies, and me having to re-enter my login information to every site I went to, and no fix in sight. I switched to Chrome.

I thought I had that issue, but it was CCleaner screwing things up. Better now.

Voted other: I use Avant browser or Orca Browser

Same here, but I haven't updated Avant since 11.7 Build 11 because they screwed up the UI. Especially when they, in all their wisdom, decided to place the 'close' button where 'lock' used to be. :rolleyes:

I don't know about Orca these days, I had alot of problems with it earlier.

Wouldn't change it for the world though. I've tired Firefox, Chrome, vanilla IE8, Opera and none of these satisfy me as much as Avant/Orca to be quite honest.

Firefox 3.7 mockup

One of the Firefox 4.0 mockups with Windows Aero support, Omnibar (Awesomebar + Search bar in one) and tabs-on-top.

Looks really Chromey, I like it.

Edited by SgtH3nry3

Hi, i've been using the Firefox for four or five years but what i used before was the Netscape and before that... i used the Northon's Commander, on my 486 DXII 66Mhz and i think that i keept using it even with my Pentium IV 100Mhz too, to manage some of the NASCAR 1 files and to edit some of the Eye Of The Beholder III files and get powerfull objects like swords, armours, rings etc... the Amiga version was better that the PC one. Let's C ya

One of the Firefox 4.0 mockups with Windows Aero support, Omnibar (Awesomebar + Search bar in one) and tabs-on-top.

Looks really Chromey, I like it.

I read that they are copying the 'each tab is a process' idea that Chrome had. Question is whether it will be as light as Chrome, or as bloated as older versions of Firefox, and whether Gecko can keep up with Webkit.

Edited by echo1

Google Chrome here, it's seriously fast (compared to IE anyway) and it looks the nicest. Plus, with all the extensions released recently, it's very functional too.

Firefox+Omnibar, Adblock, Greasemonkey, Stylish(with tabs on top)=Win.

Although, thanks to this thread,I now have a folder on my dekstop with like 10 browsers in it.

On windows I use Iron, which is basically Google Chrome (chromium) with the privacy invasion and data collection stuff removed. Incredibly fast, secure and simple. If I don't use Iron then I use Opera 10 (I've used Opera since v 3 in 1996).

Under linux I can't get Iron working (freetype issues), so I continue to just use Opera, with Firefox for the few pages that don't render properly under Opera.

I find Firefox to be a very nice browser, but it just seems to get heavier and more sluggish with each release.

I read that they are copying the 'each tab is a process' idea that Chrome had. Question is whether it will be as light as Chrome, or as bloated as older versions of Firefox, and whether Gecko can keep up with Webkit.

That tab idea started with Safari, it's a WebKit feature. The idea is to sandbox each tab so if one crashes the rest aren't affected.

I think Mozilla are putting a large emphesis on performance and optimisation with version 4, so it should end up being lighter and less resource intensive as a result. In theory.

Sadly the only browser that really needs to improve isn't. Damn you IE! DIE ALREADY!

We love you Germany!

Link

France does the same, whilst Micrsoft counters that "a report by security firm NSS Labs reportedly showing that IE8 provided better security against phishing and malware than other browsers", but then we find that "NSS Labs acknowledges Microsoft paid for the tests".

I tried other browsers, and Chrome/Iron in particular was good, but FireFox is the only one that I use, just because I find it easy and is what I am used to.

Chrome/Iron, Opera, and Firefox, have become the best browsers around but not with the same features. That's to say, if you use one you lose something only one of the others have. It's strange, interesting, and ultimately sad, that one has to end up using - typically - one at work, one at home, and the other for... well you know :rolleyes:.

I hear you, but that's basically the biggest reason why I go Opera. Not only are the most important features are without needing a gazillion plugins, but the sync feature makes it worth using the same browser across several platforms. Having the same bookmarks, address history, quick launch stuff, speed dial, etc... at home, school, work and mobile phone and automatically synced in real time is a pretty big plus.

I know about mozilla and ie8.did't here about other browser.

France does the same, whilst Micrsoft counters that "a report by security firm NSS Labs reportedly showing that IE8 provided better security against phishing and malware than other browsers", but then we find that "NSS Labs acknowledges Microsoft paid for the tests".

In the UK, the appropriate member of the House of Lords was asked whether the government was going to get rid of IE6 on its computers. He replied along the lines of "No, as all large pieces of software have bugs, and the alternatives will have bugs as well"

Obviously these were the same people who thought that the Scottish Cyclops would make a good PM...