Sign in to follow this  
DodgeME

Do u think of is da best game ever?

I think that OF while not the best game ever comes pretty close. I don't remember having so much fun in the PC as with OF. Blow the Ruskies away biggrin.gif

Definitely....make the aircraft simulation less arcadish, improve the netcode for us poor 56kers, maybe a few new vehicles and weapons here and there and it'll be perfect in my books.

But I prefer to blow the Yanks away wink.gif

I wouldn't necessarily say it's the best game ever, because you never know what will come along, but damn if I don't have a hard time trying to find another game that has kept me so hooked (Counter-Strike in the early betas was another).

Of course you can only talk about what's out now, not what is coming.

I used to be a flight sim junkie and I have not flown a flight sim in the 6 months that I own this. Sure BIS could do more, they have done alot already to make this game better.

MP is the selling point to this game and it's what keeps me online everynight till 1am biggrin.gif

LOL,, I was a flightsim junkie too,, but since I saw the first screenies of OFP I've been totally dedicated to OFP smile.gif

IMO OFP is one of the best games ever (never been so hooked up by a game before).

Lol funny how a lot of us seem to be the "flight sim type" and we all love this game...You might think this is sad but the two games I play right now are OFP and Su-27 1.5....yep I know it's dated but of every flight simm ive played for a while now it's realism has me hooked (before that it was falcon 3.0!wink.gif...never got around to Su-27 2.0 or Falcon 4.0 though....oh well, when that new game comes out that is being made as a sequel to Su-27 2.0 (I forget now what it's called) I might upgrade my Piii and buy it.

Hmm yes & no. YES it's the best single player infantry sim ATM. NO this is not the best mulit-player game. unfortunately, I find my MP experience elsewhere.

Fix the muiltplayer netcode, get a strong modding community going and sort the god awful textures and sounds out. Make it more military (none of this Dimitri Lukin gets pissed nonsense), more realism and more diversity. Then .. hey presto! You've got THE BEST game ever.

OFP is currently ranked #2 in my Best Games Ever list. The top stop is for what IMO will be my Best Game for many many years to come: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Absolutely stunning gamedesign in every possible aspect. Of all the games I played, none has ever had such an absorbing storyline, great characters, fabulous control interface and amazing level design as OoT.

Miyamoto is the one and only true gaming god smile.gif

For me ofp is.

I bought it way back in july and have played it at least every other day since then. Ive only bought 2 games since july, before that it was 1 a month

no question about it that OFP is the best infantry sim ever. The only other game that close to my heart was R6, but OFP took my heart right away as soon as i had to 'Steal the car'

for me, GR is the game I play when I want to just play arcadish games. for seious fun, OFP is the choice. I couldn't get intrigued by anyother games for last 6months.

funny, I used to be a flight sim junky once. but I gave it up a long time ago. my favorite was 'Chuck Yaeger's air combat'

Its funny how most of us were flight sim junkies, I was a major, flight sim exclusive addict around the old EA, Jane's ATF days. While their are definite improvements that can be made to OFP especially in flight mechanics, it definitely is as or more addictive than any game I have ever played. The other major online games out now especially FPS games like CS are just too unrealistic, simple and annoying to keep my interest for more than a couple of days at a time.

What is more retarded than opening up on some idiot who just walked in front of you, he starts bunny hopping and firing all over and YOU die cause he had a higher armor/health meter, lol..At least in OFP, when you hit someone in the head with a assault rifle round, they actually die, what a concept,lol.

The possibilities for OFP and the OFP engine are also much more exciting than anything that has ever come out before. Besides the mods that are possible, you can add substantially to the code and add more complex interior locations and some reworking to counter all the clipping and choppiness we have all experienced while exploring the current simple indoor structures in OFP now. Now that would be ultimate sweetness.

I have recently had a blast with Halo on the Xbox, if you have never tried it, its about one of the best times I've had playing a game on a PC or Console besides OFP ever...

BloodHoound87[uSMC]

THEATRE OF OPERATIONS HQ

KILO 3/1; 11th MEU-SOC.

even though ofp has many faults, and while it's not the game I've played the most either (yet...) and there are games I've felt more gracious towards (like adventure games) I still think it's fair to say ofp is among the certain winners. smile.gif

well my best games tend to be the football ones on teh console fifa 98 2000 2002 and champions league 2000

on pc it has to be

operation flashpoint

close combat series ( nice to sit down and have a stategy once in a while)

i liked flight simms but tend to plummit into the ground too much

I have 1st shooters, flight sims and strategy games. Everything u want, but the only game i'm playing right now is OFP. I'm playing it since June. That's right. OFP is the best game ever for me.

I was playing Half-Life, age2 and flight simulators before.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Mar. 28 2002,17:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Lol funny how a lot of us seem to be the "flight sim type" and we all love this game...You might think this is sad but the two games I play right now are OFP and Su-27 1.5....yep I know it's dated but of every flight simm ive played for a while now it's realism has me hooked (before that it was falcon 3.0!wink.gif...never got around to Su-27 2.0 or Falcon 4.0 though....oh well, when that new game comes out that is being made as a sequel to Su-27 2.0 (I forget now what it's called) I might upgrade my Piii and buy it.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm selling Falcon 4.0 if you want it biggrin.gif Complete with 1.08us patch and all manuals and maps and everything biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hilandor @ Mar. 28 2002,21:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i liked flight simms but tend to plummit into the ground too much<span id='postcolor'>

how about other stuffs like driving a tank? they can't plummet...!

OFP has me more hooked then any other game before. I also used to play flight sims a lot and of course other 3d-shooters.

I have never however played any other game as long as I have OFP (bought it in july - still enjoying it very much).

I was actually going to quit playing it a month ago, out of principle over the Oxygen situation. I got really pissed off and was certain that I would leave OFP for good. Then I started the game and drove around a little on Everon, and realised that I love this game far too much to leave it for any reason. So simply, I love it, it is the best damn game I have ever played.

As far a PC games go, I would have to say it is the best I've played. Funny, because I got OFP as a gift. When I got it, OFP hadn't gotten to much acclaim yet in the U.S. I had never heard of it. I guess alot of peole don't like (that I have talked to) because they think it is too hard. They are just a bunch of wusses. I was a big Rainbow Six fan for a long time, but it just doesn't have the versitility of OFP, and gets boring fast. The Delta Force games just don't have the refinement. While those games are definitely FPS type games, OFP is something more, like a mixture of flight/armor sim, roleplaying, FPS, and real time war stratedgy on crack. I would have to agree with Sith though, The Ocarina of Time was a dope game.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Mar. 28 2002,23:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm selling Falcon 4.0 if you want it biggrin.gif Complete with 1.08us patch and all manuals and maps and everything biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Lol Thanks Ex-Ronin, but my Canadian currency dosen't amount much to yours so 30 pounds is quite a bit for me after the conversion wink.gif. If I wanted that game badly I could gate it at a second-hand computer store pretty easily and cheaply, but from what I've heard except for the obvious graphical improvements it wasn't as good as it's predecessor.....

Besides I'm in a very tough college course and I'm trying hard not to spend too much time gaming/going out/having a life/ect sad.gif

I voted for best game, surely! On my second place is Myth II, though I never play it anymore, I once was as hooked on that, as I am on OFP now.

One thing I miss about Myth II is the incredible mod possibilities. You could even make weapons that fired other weapons as shrapnel from it's ammo's explosion! Can you say clusterbombs? tounge.gif

Regarding Falcon 4 - did they ever get half the bugs out?

I remember waiting for it, for 4 months and when it came out I played it for two days sad.gif

#1: operation flashpoint

#2: ghost recon

#3: halo

#4: grand theft auto 3

#5: golden eye

I still play flashpoint every day. Im curently going through the campaign for my 6th time. I still remeber the day I got ofp like it was yesterday. When i finally opened the package i just stared in awe at the box for a few minutes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 28 2002,23:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hilandor @ Mar. 28 2002,21:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i liked flight simms but tend to plummit into the ground too much<span id='postcolor'>

how about other stuffs like driving a tank? they can't plummet...!<span id='postcolor'>

in OFP they can plummit into the sea...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well my best games tend to be the football ones on teh console fifa 98 2000 2002 and champions league 2000

<span id='postcolor'>

Careful it is very easy to confuse an American concerning "football." LOL

Threw me for a second? Wondering why you didn't say Madden 2002.

Yep for me best game ever.

I simply can t stop playing it it just draws you in and spits you out when you die biggrin.gif ..... zoom in on killer ...... grrrrrrrrrr ........ you re next buddy tounge.gif

Other favorite => ISS on PS/2 it simply rulez ! Forget about Fifa.

I have had loads of new games since OFP ( i sell them ) and i never found a game that could get my attention for more then a few hours.

Maybe Mafia will, that game is looking great too, but no MP sad.gif so i guess that will be like digging its own grave.

We will just have to wait and see.