Sign in to follow this  
Barso

Congratulations BI!!!!!

After playing OF: DR it is very clear BI that codemasters may have stolen your name but they have clearly not stolen your expertise,ambition and knowledge and love of producing the perfect military simulator.

A big thank you to yourselves from the arma2 community for bringing this game out and I look forward to future patches and content, take your time and rush nothing as I know I will be waiting for whatever you release in the future.

signed. I will not even try (or buy) OFP: DR.

You should at least try it but only because it makes you truly appreciate what BI have done with arma2.

It makes arma2 the DEFINITIVE game that OF: DR tries to be.

Thankd god that BI have nothing to do with codemasters as who knows what codemasters might have tried to do with arma2.

The reviews have certainly not been very kind to OFP DR. I think they have tried to appeal to both worlds realism fans and BF COD fans. There is a saying .. you can not have your cake and eat it too!

Yes well done Bi you clearly are the masters. I Look forward to operation Arrowhead.

If you can make close quarter combat a little better then it will be perfect.

XXXXX kiss

Edited by colligpip

They tried to appeal to the arma and the casual players.

But after playing arma2 and OP DR it is very clear that these type of games have to be kept seperate.

I can understand why they do this as it always comes down to making money but it's a shame that times are changing.

I used to love playing on my XBOX360 but when I discovered PC gaming and the modding community that comes with it, I quickly got rid of the bloody thing.It's a great console but people don't realise that a great PC can be built for alot less than they think.

Do people honestly buy imaginary clothes to dress an imaginary avatar for their dashboard?

I myself would rather spend my money on real clothes for my real self.

people don't realise that a great PC can be built for alot less than they think.
Sadly, this is true.

I was trying to convince my friend to buy a gaming PC and he kept saying "Hell no! I don't want to spend 5000$ on a graphics card!" :rolleyes:.

Anyway, OFP2 looks good (imo) and I have it pre-ordered (comes out the 15th here), but it's obvious BIS are the true mil-sim devs.

i have bought dragon rising yesterday, it feels so shitty. Its nowhere near Arma 1 and 2, its a shame that the name operation flashpoint is used :(

to be honest, i would rate the game 5, maybe 6 but thats the highest. It just doesnt feel so good, i dont have the feeling like i have in arma 2.

Shouldn't this thread be in the other CM OPF: DR thread like all the other threads comparing the 2 games ?

Shouldn't this thread be in the other CM OPF: DR thread like all the other threads comparing the 2 games ?

No.

This is not about Codemasters Dragon Rising.

I concur. I bought OF: DR and I was extremely bored within the first 2 hours. I kept thinking "I shouldn't have bought this. ArmA2 beats the shit out of it."

I want my $40 back from Codemasters. :(

No.

This is not about Codemasters Dragon Rising.

Oh ok, my mistake, it was just the OP starts off by saying OF:DR and CM has stolen the name but doesn't have the same etc. which to me was making the reference to OF:DR and not just praising the fantastic work that BIS do on their very nearly perfect game ArmA II.

Ok, I will sign this too, great work BIS in making games.

To me both of the games give good feelings , imho I prefer the one of OPF : DR more. DR has its serious faults , but at least it's more polished than Arma... Both are worth playing in the end.

Lets keep any comment on OFPDR to the OffTopic forum...

Thankyou BI, you can sleep well knowing there is no competition for ArmA 2.

You should at least try it but only because it makes you truly appreciate what BI have done with arma2.

It makes arma2 the DEFINITIVE game that OF: DR tries to be.

Thankd god that BI have nothing to do with codemasters as who knows what codemasters might have tried to do with arma2.

:confused:

Instead of waisting your money on this ploftware just save the money and buy the ArmA2 expansion which will be cheaper.

There is no dragonrisingaholic.com neither, so why bother :)

OFP: DR is a waste of my time, energy, and money. I was contemplating renting it. But then I thought better of myself. Even that is too much money wasted.

I am sorry but surely illegally downloading a game to 'try b4 u buy' or download a movie to 'watch before you rent' etc. is illegal even if your intention is to buy ? I am no law student but almost certain that is the way the law is in many countries.

Whats to say you aren't currently using an illegal version of ArmA II or seeding a copy you 'deleted' ?

Good luck.

@Sleek78

If i were you i would hurry up editing my post, talk about pirating = ban ;)

Played OFP:DR... At first I liked the design, all those delicious bits of art... I even had a good impression after playing with th editor. In fact, the editor is the only thing which is very good. But unfortunately theres nothing interesting to edit... I stumbled upon these facts:

• trees are invincible (nor tank neither heavy arty can destroy a humble piece of wood)
  • you can't lean left or right!!! (omg, a tactical war sim?!&@#)
  • suppressive fire of bots can still be precise (3m circle) at distance over 1.2 kilometres
  • the "buggy" car at full speed hits a stone, then jumps in the air at 10 metres, spins some 4-5 times around and lands on wheels, continues moving without a scratch
  • the chopper was smashed almost to pieces, then a spec ops soldier comes to it, without any movement or animation (with his mind power I guess), without any special gadgets or tools ... spends 40 seconds and the chopper is fully functional!! Even the blades went back and straightened :butbut: The same story with a truck. He managed to even fix flat tires and inflate them all...
  • I shoot a soldier three times in the face with a pistol before he fell on the ground... But he was just injured. Then I applied some healthpack to him and he was only limping))) I shot him to the incapacitation four more times and managed to heal him.
  • theres no supersonic crack when somebody shoots at you
  • I shot a soldier form about 650 metres with a sniper rifle. At first I missed, he crawled two meters to the left and stopped. I shot him on the ground and had a reticle cross confirmation on hit! And it's not the end! I ran to him to see the body the whole 650m and guess what I saw? NOTHING))) The body disappeared, not a sign of enemy. The empty space seen from distance he was lying at was a bush...
  • I spent almost three minutes with automatic rifle shooting at a helicopter form about 5 metres, but it didn't get damaged.

That's only what I remembered...

The game reminded me two games... FarCry2 for its shiny designs and effects but boring and irrational gameplay (anyways it was fun for at least a week before I got tired of infinite and instant enemy respawn, and the graphics of FC2 was waaaay more pretty!), and Halo1, only when my "buggy" jumped and spinned like a warthog)))) But these two games at least didn't pretend to be realistic warsims.

So, I also want to congratulate BI for smashing victiory in the field of tactical simulatiors and unpreceded domination over all "contestants". Thank you for Arma!!! :bounce3:

Imho they tried sort of anyways, to appeal to the realism crowd thru visuals alone. That is where that ended. The rest is all console fodder. They went for the bucks pure and simple. Nothing wrong with going for the bucks, just don`t sh*t all over the Flashpoint name when ya do it.

Choose a different name for a different game.

As for game performance, it is alot easier to optimize a game with no depth.

Much like Flashpoint ran like azz when it was released, which everyone seems to forget oddly enough, ARMA 2s performance will eventually be sorted out. I hope all the peeps who just couldn`t wait for the patch fixes updates, ultimately go away and stay with DR, or your BFs etc etc etc.

I don't get some of you buying this game! seriously! have you checked their forums? lack of information on few issues? Have you not seen the videos? Did you really think that DR could complete with arma2, never mind it is the first fps CM ever made? no way! it is totally a different action game, you're trying to compare apples to oranges. CM should not have used the franchise name, they butchered the series but doesn't make DR a bad game for the mainstream. I'm very happy to resist the temptation of clicking the "Submit Order Button".

I would also like to thank BI for giving us the most ambitious game ever made. Signed.