Sign in to follow this  
Raggz

I7 + Nvidia GTX 2xx = crash

I get CTD's with Video memory set on Default but when setting it on High everything works fine!

That would make it BIS's fault. Which BIS seems unwilling to fix.

But anyway I use only 80% of my Graphics Card RAM with my ArmA2.cfg settings and 1.5GB of my Pagefile.

If that leads to problems I really don't know...

(actually got it running @ 3.5ghz without getting CTD's now that i found out about that Video memory setting issue)

Somewhat is a kind of proof its not related to OCing on my system.

I haven't run ArmA 2 with more than 3.4 GHz clocking...

Edited by Alienfreak

That would make it BIS's fault. Which BIS seems unwilling to fix.

But anyway I use only 80% of my Graphics Card RAM with my ArmA2.cfg settings and 1.5GB of my Pagefile.

If that leads to problems I really don't know...

Somewhat is a kind of proof its not related to OCing on my system.

I haven't run ArmA 2 with more than 3.4 GHz clocking...

Have you tried running ArmA 2 with a default ArmA2.cfg without any manually tweaking to it, video settings on normal and a resolution like 1600x1200 with 3D resolution @ 100%.

Then try all Video memory settings from default to Very high to see if you can get it stable.

3D resolution @ 100%.

I am a huge fan of the OFP series. But I will NOT run ArmA 2 without any Antialiasing features ^^

I am a huge fan of the OFP series. But I will NOT run ArmA 2 without any Antialiasing features ^^

There's a AA setting you can set on normal. The only reason i'm suggesting this is to try rule out what could cause your CTD's, not forcing you to play with these settings!

There's a AA setting you can set on normal. The only reason i'm suggesting this is to try rule out what could cause your CTD's, not forcing you to play with these settings!

I earlier played with AA instead of 3D rendering... it also crahsed :D

I earlier played with AA instead of 3D rendering... it also crahsed :D

Yeah but have you tried what i suggested?

Yes I did. CTD: Access violation ArmA2.exe

Factory clockings, GFX memory high, everything else normal & 100% render

Yes I did. CTD: Access violation ArmA2.exe

Factory clockings, GFX memory high, everything else normal & 100% render

Hmmm i'm out of ideas atm.

Dunno if this will help at all but here's my nvidia control panel settings:

nvidiaz.jpg

I7

2x 295's

Driver 191.07

more details to the crash:

start getting allot of video artifacts, about 25 minutes into game play.

when the arma2 process size approaches ~1GB is when bad things start to happen on my rig. crashed on screen, while running in taskmgr.

if I choose a script based scenario like whiskey-whiskey, after a fresh start it will run without problems, but if I switch to another gameplay option like armory it will crash in approx 10-15 minutes.

i get better frame rate running full screen, then windowed

current setup:

OC I7 at 4.2

2x 295 quad SLI OC a bit

no OC instability at all for 24h with prime95

i run 2550x1600 with every maxed at 60+fps.

no other problems with other games

I see we both have an Asus MB I have the P6T V2. I wonder what the issue is! Anyone have the game running without crashes on Asus P6T?

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/issues

I have the same board and everything works fine. I used to get CTD but I just set my video card fan to run faster when I play Arma2 and its worked ever since. I play for hours on end with no crash.

Here are my specs

Intel Core i7 920 @ Stock || ASUS P6T DELUXE V2 || OCZ Platinum 6GB DDR3 1600 || EVGA GTX285 FTW Edition 2GB VRAM || HD 640G WD 7K 16M || CORSAIR 750W PSU || 42" 1080p LCD Monitor || Razor Black Mamba Mouse || Track IR 5 Pro || Windows 7100

Nvidia Drivers 191.03

Onboard sound is disabled. I use a old soundblaster audigy 2 z gamer

Edited by gone3d

I7

2x 295's

Driver 191.07

more details to the crash:

start getting allot of video artifacts, about 25 minutes into game play.

when the arma2 process size approaches ~1GB is when bad things start to happen on my rig. crashed on screen, while running in taskmgr.

if I choose a script based scenario like whiskey-whiskey, after a fresh start it will run without problems, but if I switch to another gameplay option like armory it will crash in approx 10-15 minutes.

i get better frame rate running full screen, then windowed

current setup:

OC I7 at 4.2

2x 295 quad SLI OC a bit

no OC instability at all for 24h with prime95

i run 2550x1600 with every maxed at 60+fps.

no other problems with other games

It's a good bet that it's due to heat.

Saying that your OC is 100% stable is a contradiction in terms. OCing breeds instability that can manifest itself in many different ways.

Try playing with everything at stock and see if you are still crashing. 2 x 295 generates a LOT of heat and it's not helped by the fact that the design of the card dumps a ton of hot air INTO the case.

Use EVGA precision and check your card temps while you are playing. You might also want to check your system temps. Prime does not test video, run Vantage 3 times in a row @ Extreme settings and watch your temps (especially at the end of the second test).

Eth

Edited by BangTail

good callouts:

water cooled GPU's - my temps don't go over 50.

other successes not that it makes a difference - i have flown FSX, after market PMDG 747, for 14 hours straight. with no issues.

It's a good bet that it's due to heat.

Saying that your OC is 100% stable is a contradiction in terms. OCing breeds instability that can manifest itself in many different ways.

Try playing with everything at stock and see if you are still crashing. Also 2 x 295 generates a buttload of heat and it's not helped by the fact that the design of the 295 dumps a ton of hot air INTO the case.

Use EVGA precision and check your card temps while you are playing.

Eth

good callouts:

water cooled GPU's - my temps don't go over 50.

other successes not that it makes a difference - i have flown FSX, after market PMDG 747, for 14 hours straight. with no issues.

Certain games react differently (AKA badly) to OCing. Others have reported that removing the OC solved their stability problems vis a vis A2.

You can't eliminate it as a possibility until you've tried it.

Eth

Edited by BangTail

Certain games react differently to OCing. Others have reported that removing the OC solved their instability problems vis a vis A2.

You can't eliminate it as a possibility until you've tried it.

Eth

will report back..

@sister_christian; are you using "default" vidmemory setting in the ingame graphic settings?

@kklownboy

I am using ultra high on all my vid settings with the following launch flags

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -winxp -mod=@DFS_FPScounter;@LandTex;@vopsound_2.1;@FPSHelper1.21 -nosplash -cpucount=4

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Cool, hope it works out for you :)

Eth

@ethne

I am happy to report back, that after I reset my default settings, the game is stable. I actually finished a Cipher 1.38 scenario with success.

after reseting to default I saw'll my fps go from 60+ to avg of 50ish.

@kklownboy

I am using ultra high on all my vid settings with the following launch flags

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -winxp -mod=@DFS_FPScounter;@LandTex;@vopsound_2.1;@FPSHelper1.21 -nosplash -cpucount=4

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

@ethne

I am happy to report back, that after I reset my default settings, the game is stable. I actually finished a Cipher 1.38 scenario with success.

after reseting to default I saw'll my fps go from 60+ to avg of 50ish.

Glad to hear it mate and tbh, losing a few FPS is no big deal. A2 isn't a game where max FPS matters, it's minimum FPS that is important.

I never found that OCing my 975 yielded any big changes in A2.

Eth

@eth

By chance do you a recommended list of addons that will enhance the A2 game. there is so much out there to choose from. is there a standard must have list?

@eth

By chance do you a recommended list of addons that will enhance the A2 game. there is so much out there to choose from. is there a standard must have list?

I think it's down to personal choice. I try to use as few as possible mainly because I do a lot of MP with my crew and usually, the fewer addons, the fewer potential problems.

The ones I do use are :

Community Base addons

JTD Smoke

Nim's Weather

Sakura Lights

RH Pistols

FLIR

Namalsk Island

I would link them but I'm kind of busy right now, just search them over at Armaholic :

http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=search

Have Fun :)

Eth

Edited by BangTail

same problem here

i7 gtx 260...whole comp freezez.:butbut:

same problem here

i7 gtx 260...whole comp freezez.:butbut:

I am so fucking sick of this...

Have you read through this thread and tried whats been suggested?

It would be a lot easier if people said what they have done to try fix the problem, instead of just adding a generic post!

i7 gtx 260...whole comp freezez.

Computer freezes can idd be related to OCing.

Have you tried running Prime95 or such for some hours and see if its stable?

Prime doesn't stress video at all.

You really need to run prime and a full battery of Vantage on extreme settings to get the big picture. Best to monitor your temps as well to make sure there isn't a problem.

Eth