Sign in to follow this  
Raggz

I7 + Nvidia GTX 2xx = crash

Looks like there is a problem with I7 systems using GTX2xx cards. Game crashes to desktop while arma2.exe is still running in taskmanager. There's a thread about it over at Nvidia forums here: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=106799

I just upgraded to I7 and i can't play ArmA 2. The game crashes constantly. Are you BIS guys aware of the problem?

Edited by Raggz

Looks like there is a problem with I7 systems using GTX2xx cards. Game crashes to desktop while arma2.exe is still running in taskmanager. There's a thread about it over at Nvidia forums here: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=106799

I just upgraded to I7 and i can't play ArmA 2. The game crashes constantly. Are you BIS guys aware of the problem?

Funny, I have an i7 and 200 series cards and no crashing.

Think that's a problem on your end mate.

Eth

Eth

so helpfull.... But you have three 285s and not a 295.

Its the HT issue i bet.

Eth

Well, if u had taken the time and checked the thread i just linked to you would know it's NOT just on my end. Also try google I7 crashes arma 2...you will find quite many posts on the problem.

Which card and driver do you use and what's your setup?

Ignore the pseudo forum police Raggz its a well documented issue on here. Lots of people with 295+i7 spend a lot of time seeing arma2.exe has stopped responding.

Its the HT issue i bet.

HT "on" never caused me to crash (with or without -cpucount=4, it did cause some stuttering).

Eth

@ Raggz : It's all in my sig.

Edited by BangTail

Its the HT issue i bet.

Hmm, i'm gonna try disabling HT though i'd like to keep the performance it gives though. neverthless, they should fix the problem., either Nvidia or BIS whoever the problem lies with.

btw, i'm using a Asus GTX285

Ignore the pseudo forum police Raggz its a well documented issue on here. Lots of people with 295+i7 spend a lot of time seeing arma2.exe has stopped responding.

F off, he didn't say 295, he said 2xx series in the title.

If it's problems with a 295 specifically, then I retract my statement as I don't own 295's.

Try reading the title.

Eth

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Hmm, i'm gonna try disabling HT though i'd like to keep the performance it gives though. neverthless, they should fix the problem., either Nvidia or BIS whoever the problem lies with.

Just put -cpucount=4 in your command line. I never had crashing but it did get rid of the stuttering.

F off, he didn't say 295, he said 2xx series in the title.

If it's problems with a 295 specifically, then I retract my statement as I don't own 295's.

Try reading the title.

Eth

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Just put -cpucount=4 in your command line.

Thanks, will try now. AND i didn't accuse BIS to be the problem. The link i gave is to Nvidia forums... i tried to pop the problem into the light!

Edited by Raggz

Thanks, will try now. AND i didn't accuse BIS to be the problem. The link i gave is to Nvidia forums... i tried to pop the problem into the light!

It's not a problem, it's just the thread title is misleading as I don't have this problem with my i7/2xx series card(s) and neither do many others.

Sorry if I was a little harsh.

Eth

It's not a problem, it's just the thread title is misleading as I don't have this problem with my i7/2xx series card(s) and neither do many others.

Sorry if I was a little harsh.

Eth

No problem. But the -cpucount=4 didn't help though. Game still crashes. I don't have any other game crashing on me. Even Empire Total War runs sweet.

No problem. But the -cpucount=4 didn't help though. Game still crashes. I don't have any other game crashing on me. Even Empire Total War runs sweet.

Well, I see that you don't actually have a 295 - I don't know why KKlownboy said you did.

Hard to say what is causing the problem tbh, you can try turning HT off in the BIOS, although -cpucount=4 should have the same effect.

Eth

PS : What OS are you running?

PPS : Try DLing and running this and let me know what the avg is :

http://www.thesycon.de/dpclat/dpclat.exe

Edited by BangTail

Running win 7 ultimate x64, gonna run ya app now.

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

Well, I see that you don't actually have a 295 - I don't know why KKlownboy said you did.

Hard to say what is causing the problem tbh, you can try turning HT off in the BIOS, although -cpucount=4 should have the same effect.

Eth

PS : What OS are you running?

PPS : Try DLing and running this and let me know what the avg is :

http://www.thesycon.de/dpclat/dpclat.exe

average is about 140-150, maximum 652

Running win 7 ultimate x64, gonna run ya app now.

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

average is about 140-150, maximum 652

652 is high, do you get that alot? In other words, do you get a lot of spikes?

Eth

Edited by BangTail

No. not often..happend once the few minutes i ran the app. Disabling HT in bios didn't help either.

No. not often..happend once the few minutes i ran the app. Disabling HT in bios didn't help either.

What Motherboard do you have?

Asus P6T w/ latest bios and 6Gb OZC Gold XTC 1600mhz ram. Everything in bios is on auto/default except for HT which i disabled now.

Edit: disabled onboard audio. I'm using X-Fi Platinum.

Edited by Raggz

Raggz you might as well put the game on the shelf. Having the same issue here and put in a bug report and its now set at low priority.

I have tried all the bug fixes like turning off HT, cpucount, turn off over clocking etc. Nothing helps and Arma 2 is the only game having the issue so its an Arma problem! I have swapped out RAM, Video Card, and Power Supply. The only thing I haven't switched is the processor and MB.

I see we both have an Asus MB I have the P6T V2. I wonder what the issue is! Anyone have the game running without crashes on Asus P6T?

The best thing I found is to keep messing with the graphic settings in Arma and set things to low and normal and that has gotten me some what stable for 3 hours of game play.

But I would highly recommend you posted a bug report! Please do so to help get this fixed!! It only takes a minute to create an account.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/issues

Edited by cashxx

Posting a bug report first thing tomorrow. I'm off to bed while my eyes still can lead the way. Thanks though, at least i know it's not just me going nuts here.

HT "on" never caused me to crash (with or without -cpucount=4, it did cause some stuttering).

Eth

@ Raggz : It's all in my sig.

Should you turn off HT? If I don't turn it off do I just use the command -cpucount=4?

Should you turn off HT? If I don't turn it off do I just use the command -cpucount=4?

I just use cpucount, since the early 1.03 betas, it seems to work.

Eth

I just use cpucount, since the early 1.03 betas, it seems to work.

Eth

Yeah it does. I do that and have HT turned on because my friend said, "what would be the point if you didn't have HT turned on." He's giving me advice because I built my first rig for 1200 dollars (budget rig). I decided to do it because I waste huge amounts on money like for example my Uni Macbook Pro for $2700.

I7 + gtx295 here, Arma2 is running pretty good these days for me with win7 + HT off + 191.03 drivers + PROPER game tweaks.