Sign in to follow this  
commander1985

Error Land Grid Reference exceeded range

Just got another error, i hope i dont open a new thread, but i couldnt find anything about it. I readed about L3dt for Terrain generation some days ago and made a new map with it.

Started a new project with these settings

Terrain grid size 2048*2048

Terrain Cell Size 5m

Sat Grid: 8192

Everything worked fine so far. When i placed a road part in the middle, it still worked, but when i moved it more north i got this error

wtf.jpg

Looks like i just happens when i go up north. Any Suggestions how to fix that or what i made wrong???

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Okay i changed the Heightmap (Terrain Grid size) to 1024*1024

and imported it again. Tested it and it works!

Dont know why it does not on higher Res.

Well i go work with that now, i hope this helps others who get this Problem.

However i would still like to know what causes that bug :)

Go to Tools -> Project Parameters -> Click "Base (active)" -> Edit -> Increase the texture size

See if that helps.

Okay i did like you said and it worked, i didnt checked that option before.

Texture Size was 5m! Made it 80m now to also avoid that MLOD Issue.

Best of all i can use the better Heightmap now :bounce3:

Okay i did like you said and it worked, i didnt checked that option before.

Texture Size was 5m! Made it 80m now to also avoid that MLOD Issue.

Best of all i can use the better Heightmap now :bounce3:

Just for the record, do it get this right?

Your input->

Terrain Cell Size 5m

Sat Grid: 8192

-> Giving 2048 x 5 = about 10 km x 10 km island?

-> Above gives a 10240 pixel size

-> Your sat map is 8192, so its smaller then ur island? Not realy recommanded.

-> May i recommand setting texture size to 40x40 meter instead of the 80?

-> What is your horizontal scale in L3DT? You did set that up in the beginning. If you took default its 10. Assuming your island size in L3DT matches the one ingame as else you will get "weird" generated stuff if you consider size.

since the horizontal scale in L3DT is about the same as the terrain cell size i would make sure they kinda look the same.

Maybe you can go with the following:

- Terrain grid size 1024*1024

- Terrain Cell Size 10m

- Sat Grid 10240 * 10240 (high res texture generation)

- Texture size 40 x 40 meter

As i am totaly not an expert in this matter but have been goofing around already for quite a while with l3dt and lod issues in arma i thought i share ya my noobish knowledge which might be corrected by the masters down under here :D

-> Giving 2048 x 5 = about 10 km x 10 km island?

-> Above gives a 10240 pixel size

-> Your sat map is 8192, so its smaller then ur island? Not realy recommanded.

Terrain grid 2048x2048, cell size 5m (which is very small, someone says too small) and satellite texture size of 8192x8192 gives you 1.25m / pixel. Now that is a good resolution.

Perhaps you did some error in your calculations or something, because if your opinion is that 1.25m/pixel is not really recommended... all I can say is that you're so wrong.

This 1.25m/pixel level of detail is very good.

This 1.25m/pixel level of detail is very good.

Yeah its an ok detail level. However giving a 1.0 m /pixel is just a one click in l3dt.

I been goofing around with settings and what i had with the settings he gives is weird overlapping segments on some area's of the map. Just want to prevent him from getting headaches. But its a free world man 1 pixel/m 25 pixel/m i think i did not even talk about that.

Yes I think the point here is that 5m CELL size is very "high res" stuff and causes problems in ArmA. I think it was Opteryx/Nicholas Bell who said earlier that you should not use higher than <insert amount here> meter cell sizes.

Sorry I don't have reference link right now but I distinctively remember one of them saying that...

My Config now:

Terrain Cell Size 5m

Sat Grid is at : 6144 because it does not want to take bigger ones :(

That always runs with an error.

@SnakeMan my map is intended to be that small. But i have no errors so far when testing things out in Arma2. Looks quite good too :)

4-2.jpg

Only Problems that i face now are that i dont know how to make that Runway and how to integrate own addons or addons from other guys (the last just for personal testing)

Nice dude! Good luck. L3DT Tropical climate (default) i see here lol. right?

I'm getting this same error but with ARMA 3 terrain builder. Buldozer works ok (mostly) until I put in trees, then I get the error message.

There is no "Tools -> Project Parameters" in the ARMA 3 version. Anyone know how I fix it?

Thanks.

The log file say:

No world found
ErrorMessage: {error} LandGrid reference exceeded the range [1023, 1023], it is [753, 1025]

This "No world found" error in the log is something I also get when trying to look at roads. Related or same problem?

Something I missed?