Sign in to follow this  
machival

Dog of War, can't capture town

I've replayed this mission about 10 times but all I still have the same problem

Problem:

I can't capture some town in the mission, all other strongpoints all captured but the base camp I've stood for 10 mins with my team (3guys in APC and 2Tanks) and around main camp there are lots of ally but 10 minutes pass nothing change the base still in red name.

How do I do? and thanks for any post

sorry for my bad english

Have you destroyed the Main Base?

Look around. It's not right in the town.

Hint. Look for the radar tower.

Cheers,

Luke

Thanks for the reply.:)

but I don't know how to know the base was destroyed?

I post some screenshots for the problem

here:

http://collect-flashgame.net46.net/snapscr000.JPG

http://collect-flashgame.net46.net/snapscr002.JPG

I think it will too much big so I put it in direct link

Thanks again for any advices.

the Chedaki base has nothing to do with this.

I think the base camp you mention is the town depot.

I have this problem to sometimes.

I have played DoW a couple of times and sometimes even if my

team are the only ones around i still cant capture the town despite holding it for hours.

Somtimes if NAPA units move into the "Capture zone" they will prevent

me (when playing as CDF & allied with NAPA) from capturing that town.

just keep your units at this position and you will capture the town eventually.

It usually takes more then 10 minutes to capture it.

Edited by zdavid99

Guys, I think taking the town(s) is not a required task(s). Just move on to the next town or task. Taking the main Chedaki base is required to completed DoW, along with the Lopetev task(s), and that's all you need to worry about.

All tasks there are 2 missions left "Capture Dolina", "Deal with Russian".

and there are some capture town missions show that it not done but the town in the map is captured in blue, (wait for next autosave) that mission will show it done.

Question?

Deal with Russian. I read the task detail, I think there must be something in that town(I forgot the name) I moved there but don't see anything.:confused:

I'm not sure if the NAPA task differs from the CDF Deal With Russian but here's what happened when the CDF version played out for me:

The Deal with Russians task is done only after catching lopetev, bringing him back to CDF base, then returning to base after a period of time(they have to interrogate him). Then they order you to take him to the russians.

I just started on DOW too & i just noticed this when capturing base, there's use to be a red progress bar when you in the vicinity of the building but now the bar is gone? you guys have a same experience? I suspect the problem lies with the latest Nvidia driver?

Guys, I think taking the town(s) is not a required task(s). Just move on to the next town or task. Taking the main Chedaki base is required to completed DoW, along with the Lopetev task(s), and that's all you need to worry about.

i know that.

but.

first you need to capture towns to make money to afford to buy units.

second its more fun completing dow by taking town by town. I wouldnt be any fun if you bought a couple of tanks and drove straight to the base and took it out.

AND when you want to capture a town its still bugged sometimes.

Problem:

I can't capture some town in the mission, all other strongpoints all captured but the base camp I've stood for 10 mins with my team (3guys in APC and 2Tanks) and around main camp there are lots of ally but 10 minutes pass nothing change the base still in red name.

How do I do? and thanks for any post

I have the same problem. The town can't be captured until some NAPA soldiers move in and capture it.

I started the mission as CDF allied with NAPA. Now, many of the towns are taken by NAPA forces, cause my own units can't capture them. This happened even to Chernogorsk and I lost MEU support. :mad:

Anyone playing as CDF allied with NAPA has a solution?

Nope, the MEU won't help even if NAPA is allied.

Do you mean the MEU doesn't redeploy because of this "bug" or they never do?

I've got the objective to capture Chernogorsk to have the MEU redeploying but since I have this bug, it's not possible, I think.

Maybe I should restart the mission, but at the beginning I can't capture the main town because it is too heavily guarded. :(

I am with the CDF and in command. When I take a town (red), it turns blue and if later it suddenly turns green I just send forces in to take it back.

I don't care what hat they wear. If their tags come up in red when I aim, I take them out.

I've played this mssion through several times before and although there have been a few differences, that main Tasks are the same.

Since update to 1.04 I have experienced few bugs but DOW still has the same anoyances as before. That is, it has a bad habbit of game saving during the action and saves far too often.

There should be an option to turn Auto Saving OFF.

All in all, the mission is playing well.

Cheers,

Luke.

Having the same problem here, I (team razor) cannot capture towns. And the CDFs cant also.

Has someone find a solution?

I have the exact same problem.

So far I play with NAPA, without high command.

When i came into the first town, my team was first on the scene (Razor team), I went to the "capture" waypoint, and waited for a long while. Nothing happened, and the town was "green". So I went to the next town. Then I got the message that the town was lost (still green), and the task was cancelled.

The next town already had a few APC's and 4X4 and a few infantry. A few enemy troops were there, and they kept trickling in for a while. I captured all strongpoints, and stayed in the main base in that town for 1 hour+, and nothing happened.

This is the 6th serious bug I have encountered WITH the latest patch. I am SO tempted to ship the game back to BI and demand my money back... No other game has ever frustrated me so much.

This is ridiculous!

I can't complete the last mission because the game is bugged, and YES, I already have installed the latest patch!

I have never played a game with so many bugs, and normally I tend to accept a few bugs when the game itself is so good. But when the game can't be finished, and I already have accepted and worked my way around many bugs already, it's just not acceptable.

Imagine buying a book without the last 20 pages. It won't help that the author is a genius!

I am in the same boat now. Dogs of War, cannot capture Pustoshka... What a bummer.

Same here, also Arma keeps crashing to desktop in this mission a lot, some times when saving for example.

Every other mission works fine, user made missions too, but dogs of war keeps crashing.

Same here, also Arma keeps crashing to desktop in this mission a lot, some times when saving for example.

Every other mission works fine, user made missions too, but dogs of war keeps crashing.

Had the same problem - deleting all but the current save seemed to work for me

How can trigger or catch Lopotev? Will he be in the main base or driving a car like one of his guys in of earlier missions?

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Guys could any one of finish the DoW? If so could you please post what to do to finish, I am DYING to complete the mission!!!

How can trigger or catch Lopotev? Will he be in the main base or driving a car like one of his guys in of earlier missions?

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Guys could any one of finish the DoW? If so could you please post what to do to finish, I am DYING to complete the mission!!!

When you capture a certain town (I forget which one - do a search) you will get orders to pick up a prisoner. The prisoner will tell you about an island and you will get a new task to go to the island to investigate. Lopotev is there.

My friend thank you so much! You saved me ton of time!:yay:

Almost forgot to mention. Once you get the task to go to the island I think you're supposed to drop the prisoner off at the base first (I went the CDF route and have yet to replay as NAPA ally). I'm not sure how the whole prisoner thing works if you have allied with NAPA. Maybe someone else can chime in.

jeffro, yes you have to "deliver" the prisoner to the base before you can get the message about Lopotev. Its the same for Napa just bring him in to the Napa base and you will get the message.

I'm waiting for an answer too my game keeps crashing right after HQ calls in that I need to get both groups together so Marines can land.