Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

I would guess CM will patch in the changes made by the AI mod, modding will not be allowable in OFP-DR, an SDK will not be released as the game engine is CM's bread and butter for racing games, they would not want anyone having a good hard look into it.

As for the modders I believe CM has 'one' modder, I know of one other guy that left a while back, no one else actually modded anything, infact one of the mods was a 'hack' that allowed speed hacking in game.

On a side note did anyone see that speed hacking is back after the patch... I can't access the CM forum for a bit but someone showed a tube vid of it.

it never really left, (trying not to get into trouble here) but they don't alter the .dll file now. You can do it with the stock files. As not to get crushed, I won't say how but you don't have to alter a single file now.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

I would guess CM will patch in the changes made by the AI mod, modding will not be allowable in OFP-DR, an SDK will not be released as the game engine is CM's bread and butter for racing games, they would not want anyone having a good hard look into it.

The current engine will not allow more than 63 AI + you. Ever. And like you said, they won't open the SDK. So no matter what, they will prolly make the AI smarter, maybe lean?, and bullet dmg smarter and all that. But the hard cap, is the 63+1 limit.

What that means is that you will never see everybody running around the big map. Well, you may, but nothing to shoot at. What makes arma2 cool is the massive free roam and combat anywhere without tricks. They will always be forced to play in the little corner of the big sandbox.

I'm sorry guys, but I had to post this image of forum members/guest online versus moderators online. More mods than forum members. lol

23wjwp4.png

From what I hear they managed to hack it to get the entity limit up to 100, but the engine refuses anymore than that, regardless of what you hack

I'm sorry guys, but I had to post this image of forum members/guest online versus moderators online. More mods than forum members. lol

23wjwp4.png

I believe the moderators section just lists the moderators, not who's actually online at the moment.

Yep, just lists the people who have moderation rights on that section of the forums.

What's interesting is that ubermachtig and ZaRiF215 are both part of the Heroes.

Alas, that's bordering on discussing how their forums are moderated...

A trip back to memory lane, the good old days.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295535

Remember this guy:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1491286&postcount=2178

CM is going to come out on top best game this year after patch 2.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5876134&postcount=7

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5876264&postcount=19

Got to give it to CM, they know how to hamstring someone.

2/4

23wjwp4.png

hehehehe

nice, more moders than users, hehehehe

I just tried the PC demo of Dragon Rising. My anti-virus program thought it was infected and the AI was stupid. Plus I couldn't select different weapons. The mission had it's moment (the artillery barrage) but was rather lacking overall. I will say one nice thing about the game however. It's engine. It looked great at high settings and ran smooth. Much smoother than ArmA2 runs on my rig. If ArmA2 ran so smooth on very high settings I would go out and buy another three copies.

Sometimes dumb AI is good when they just can't hit you so you end up dying less and killing more, but that AI was dumb in the sense of just being morons and not very fun to fight.

I just tried the PC demo of Dragon Rising. My anti-virus program thought it was infected and the AI was stupid. Plus I couldn't select different weapons. The mission had it's moment (the artillery barrage) but was rather lacking overall. I will say one nice thing about the game however. It's engine. It looked great at high settings and ran smooth. Much smoother than ArmA2 runs on my rig. If ArmA2 ran so smooth on very high settings I would go out and buy another three copies.

Sometimes dumb AI is good when they just can't hit you so you end up dying less and killing more, but that AI was dumb in the sense of just being morons and not very fun to fight.

That engine that makes it run so good.... the reason is that it's crippled and cannot be pushed very hard on a PC. It's created for a console. So if anybody's machine is as fast as a console, then there ya have it. That same engine is so limited as far as a PC engine goes that you can't do too much with it on a PC other than make pretty pictures.

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

From what I hear they managed to hack it to get the entity limit up to 100, but the engine refuses anymore than that, regardless of what you hack

hmmm dunno about that, they use 1 bit per entity. Hence 64 bit machine = 63 AI +1 (you).

Still a hundred is quite limited unless you're doing some squad only based stuff, no real free roam stuff like we're used to.

To be honest i only played maybe half a mission.. it was enough.

I understand what everyone is saying now... although there are some features i really liked i didnt get the same feeling i got when i played the arma2 demo. i remember running into stary nova

Yes im a real arma2 fanboi now, but i was still looking forward to DR, i thought that people were just being CM haters with most of the reviews on this thread... but after playing the demo i can see what they mean.

I gotta say the thing that sticks in my mind the most is the movement animation.. i mean its the most unrealistic ive ever seen in a game... i like the sprinting anim but the default one?? i cant believe they got that wrong (imo)

There are things like the firing animation that i really liked

Anyway glad i got it out of my system...

arma2 / operation arrowhead / Mods :D

A trip back to memory lane, the good old days.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295535

Remember this guy:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1491286&postcount=2178

CM is going to come out on top best game this year after patch 2.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5876134&postcount=7

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5876264&postcount=19

Got to give it to CM, they know how to hamstring someone.

2/4

Hi,

When I want a good laugh I go and read their forum but this particular individual is not even funny. I cant believe how pathetic this guy has become. I dont know what CM promessed him but his turnaround is phenomenal and should be put in the guinness book. He is in every thread now bashing anyone who as something negative to say about the game. WOW, simply wow...Even Viiper looks like a child compare to him.

How can a so called moder can choose DR over Arma 2. How can you refuse the challenge to mod a space shuttle and prefer to mod a bicycle. There is practically nothing to mod in DR. The only thing that I can see is that he got intimidated by the quality of the moders in the Arma community.

Typical case of the guy who prefer to be king of the barn instead of nobody in the big city.

When this guy wakes up and look back at his attitude he will probably need some psychological help.

I really pitty him

Cheers

Hi,

When I want a good laugh I go and read their forum but this particular individual is not even funny. I cant believe how pathetic this guy has become. I dont know what CM promessed him but his turnaround is phenomenal and should be put in the guinness book. He is in every thread now bashing anyone who as something negative to say about the game. WOW, simply wow...Even Viiper looks like a child compare to him.

How can a so called moder can choose DR over Arma 2. How can you refuse the challenge to mod a space shuttle and prefer to mod a bicycle. There is practically nothing to mod in DR. The only thing that I can see is that he got intimidated by the quality of the moders in the Arma community.

Typical case of the guy who prefer to be king of the barn instead of nobody in the big city.

When this guy wakes up and look back at his attitude he will probably need some psychological help.

I really pitty him

Cheers

Everyone have their own preferences... whatever it is.

Maybe ARMA2 already have what he wanted to add/do so there is no point in reinventing the wheel. Maybe he find it more challenging to do it in DR instead.

Can we continue beating the dead/dying dragon instead?

I hate the mainstream game market. It makes me sad.

Long live BIS!

I just noticed on play.com that ArmA 2 has once again higher sales status than DR!

maybe DR was good for something after all ;)

Hehe Consolemasters and OFP2 community reminds me of a Soldner fiasco. They kept pissing in the wind :)

Arma2 has also just passed number of players with Xfire as well.

---------- Post added at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

Hi,

I really pitty him

Cheers

A "MOD" is not hacking a DLL file on the hex level. Whoo-pee.

What's amusing is that the DR fanbois think DR mods will be like this someday. :cc: They are actually thinking that an SDK will be released. CM - "Uh, sure, here's the keys to the kingdom that we created all of our games on... Our livelyhood relies on this engine, sure go ahead here, have it." Yeah - right.

He can't even control a squad. Remember the link where he said he tried to hit spacebar to tell his crew to get out, and since you can't do that, said the controls are horrible. It's right there in the quick reference `,4,1

Also said he hit alt and looked at where he wanted the jeep to go, and his guys got out. (Which can't happen with ALT in a vehicle.) Doesn't take time to learn basic squad control playing the game for half an hour, and then with all his knowledge, passes judgement on the game. Says he'll pass final judgement after a few patches. And this was like 2 weeks ago. Hilarious.

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

Luhgnut;1496844']

He can't even control a squad. Remember the link where he said he tried to hit spacebar to tell his crew to get out' date=' and since you can't do that, said the controls are horrible. It's right there in the quick reference `,4,1

Also said he hit alt and looked at where he wanted the jeep to go, and his guys got out. (Which can't happen with ALT in a vehicle.) Doesn't take time to learn basic squad control playing the game for half an hour, and then with all his knowledge, passes judgement on the game. Says he'll pass final judgement after a few patches. And this was like 2 weeks ago. Hilarious.[/quote']

No surprise people gets frustrated when they don't even take the time to learn the most basic and essential controls :eek:

No surprise people gets frustrated when they don't even take the time to learn the most basic and essential controls :eek:

if someone feels frustrated with ArmA2 controls, then... play DR, I recommend to start with this

3qy4PVw01zs

has the same controls like DR

Edited by gulag

lol i feel that pain, but my problem is i'm all fingers n thumbs, i know the controls..kind of/as much as i need for now. i just hit every other key till i find the one i want. space,MW up= dismount :lol:

if someone feels frustrated, I recommend to start with this

has the same controls like DR

gulag.... thanks. Now my life is complete. That guy goes on for 9 and a half minutes doing play by play of Mario. You're a sick puppy.

Lughnut your avatar looks familiar. Is that a bunch of Latvian reservists?

Somehow, with the marketing they did, i reckon Dragon Rising still turned a profit, and maybe even outsold Arma 2. You never know, it might even have a sequel :rolleyes:

Somehow, with the marketing they did, i reckon Dragon Rising still turned a profit, and maybe even outsold Arma 2. You never know, it might even have a sequel :rolleyes:

to me, it seems irrational.:rolleyes: