Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

Why did you make that video? I mean, who are you trying to convince?

Our community should know the crude reality behind such false title. I really appreciate your waste of time, but if our community needs evidence that OP Dragon Rising sucks, we're in serious trouble then.

By the way, this is the first video I've ever seen about OP DR.

I hope you understand what I mean. Oh, to all the people that bought this game... SHAME ON YOU!

LOL. Yeah I know what you mean. I did it for the giggles really. I was messing around with the editor..(The editor in it's form isn't half bad though. I give it that much) Anyway I was goofing around with the editor and the outcome of what I was doing was so hilarious, I just had to share.

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

you made a video "testing" realism, but with Hardcore off? Thats not fair.

ARMA AI isn't very effective either if you set AI skill to a low number.

wait a sec.... the only difference with Hardcore and Normal is the HUD. The enemy isn't any smarter, nor more accurate or anything. You just don't get a compass. I didn't tweak anything or dumb anything down at all. Try it yourself! Oh, all the scenes were done in one take. I just wish I captured the one I did (but fraps didn't work), where the marine sees me, turns toward the building, and unloads clip after clip into the side of the wall, as I stood no more than three feet away watching him go Rambo on a building.

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

You'll also see that most of these people are playing with their Xbox 360 & Playstation 3.

No need to read all the crap when you can goto CM forum under PC section and read post from people who think that DR is the best ever, yet they have a link to a console forum in their signiture.... that says it all!

CM did their best to hide the truth about how this game is designed for consoles and then cheaply ported to PC just to make a few extra bucks!

Coincident that the demo is getting out after release, i think NOT.

So how long before one of our friendly neighborhood modders ports a version of Skira over to the Arma 2 engine & shows CM what the game should really have been like? :p

So how long before one of our friendly neighborhood modders ports a version of Skira over to the Arma 2 engine & shows CM what the game should really have been like? :p

Illegal (I bet) but a damn good idea for demonstration purposes. Wonder how Chenaurus would run in DR... not at all, maybe.

I suspect >This< is highly telling. Lots of people with not alot of faith in CM it seems.

Regarding Sahrani vs. Skira. I don't really see the similarity. From the air, Skira appears to be some oddly empty, over-logged, boreal wasteland (which is odd because the trees appear very resistant to logging). On the ground, one is bothered by the fact that Skira may have millions of trees, but they all appear to be the same tree. Not the same kind, mind you- the same exact tree.

Over all, I think even Sahrani appears to be much more alive and lush, even in still shots.

I just find it highly amusing, that most Game Magazines have a hell of time trying to justify their criticism of ArmA2 against their former praise of OFP-DR.

And trust me, right now they fail miserably. Reading the articles "ArmA2 vs OFP-DR" is pure amusement. Comedy of failure.:cool:

I hope you understand what I mean. Oh, to all the people that bought this game... SHAME ON YOU!

Yes SHAME on me! But really i bought this game to sacrifice it on my BI hoodo altar, so the blood of virgin coders (you really dont think tha Clyve Lindop actually does have a girlfriend) can flow to the vains of development GODS

I've been a Bad Boy

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-7MAiYMbbk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-7MAiYMbbk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I made another video. It's just way too much fun.

If you QUOTE THIS, don't embed the video or Wollie will get ya.

Luhgnut;1461590']I've been a Bad Boy

If you QUOTE THIS' date=' don't embed the video or Wollie will get ya.[/quote']

I approve. :bounce3:

At least the dispersion is horrendous, they're shooting all over the place. One bullet goes 15 degrees left, the next one 10 degrees right, etc...

I like Operation Flashpoint 2, I'm playing it. Ofcourse it has AI problems and air vehicles are completely stupid. but I find it much more interesting than ArmA 2. the graphics are wonderful. The Multiplayer will be even more fun....

The Multiplayer will be even more fun....

Trust me, it won't be.

Last night I could see 17 people playing.

Either everyone gave up or the horrid server browser just didn't work. Either way it's bad.

I like Operation Flashpoint 2, I'm playing it. Ofcourse it has AI problems and air vehicles are completely stupid. but I find it much more interesting than ArmA 2. the graphics are wonderful. The Multiplayer will be even more fun....

Please define "more interesting".

Please define "more interesting".

I can. "Crap"

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

I like sitting on cold toilet seats.

Luhgnut;1461590']I've been a Bad Boy

If you QUOTE THIS' date=' don't embed the video or Wollie will get ya.[/quote']

The more i see the less i wanna try the demo...if it ever comes out:j:

It's like a cartoon version of ARMA

The Multiplayer will be even more fun....

They don't even have dedicated servers, every server has horrible ping and when you actually do enter a game it feels like an updated version of Battlefield 2. Even people playing the console versions are complaining about terrible lag.

I uninstalled the game two days ago, it just wasn't engaging and I stopped feeling the need to play it. ArmA 2 has kept my interest for months.

Edited by randir14

The more i see the less i wanna try the demo...if it ever comes out:j:

It's like a cartoon version of ARMA

I'll quite happily try the demo, I don't have to part with cash for that! But as you indicate there I also wonder if the demo is going to be delayed somewhat. There ain't now way no how that I'll be buying DR now either on PC or PS3

I have got the PS3 DR on my Lovefilm rental list and as I've just posted a Family Guy disc back I should have it here in the next couple of days as long as the pending Royal Mail strike doesn't cock things up.

The graphics are wonderful?

I saw better graphics from open world games from the early 2000's. The fact that HDR is overused doesn't mask that, to me anyway.

Frankly, I fully expected OFPDR to look better because their engine was being asked to do so little compared to Arma2. I was wrong.

Honestly, if your going to put out a game this bad gameplay and story wise, it had better damn well look like Far Cry 2 at least. Instead we got circa 2005 graphics with the same overused corridor gameplay that's been prevelent since the first COD games.

The island is nothing more then a barren wasteland sprinkled with pinetrees and overly pixelated grass. You see the same bunker and house about 1000 times in each mission, each one populated with the same static 2-3 man squads. Occasionally you'll run into patrols (which are really just scripted events) but all you have to do is run 200 meters away and go around them. They'll never see you, even if you are walking out in the open.

You know what though? I could probably get past all that and still enjoy it if every mission didn't have some assinine time limit masqueraded as a lame excuse of an objective. For instance. In the 2nd mission I moved carefully through the objectives, taking out the guard posts, etc....I shell a town that had some enemy presence (with artillery that you of course can't reuse. I guess the ship ran out of ammo after one barrage?)....then procede to the final objective. 300 meters out I get a message that we have to hurry. Now I'm stuck in a position where I have to literally rambo my whole way, running, leaving my squad behind, in order to beat the time limit and blow up the stupid thing (apparently the Navy is cable of shelling a town but not a Sam radar site 400 meters from said town). All this because they couldn't just radio the choppers to hold off for 5 more minutes? Really?

It's junk like this that is the nail in the coffin. The story is dumb and the time limits pretty much keep you from making an otherwise non-tactical game tactical at all. I saw this coming when they previewed the beach assault mission. When I saw that the AAV's suiciding into a barrage of anti-armore infantry, forcing you to try and rambo ahead of them as fast as possible, I knew this game was gonna be crap. The guy playing the demo was movnig about as fast and unrealistically as possible and 4 of the 5 tanks still got destroyed. That should tell you all you need to know. These kinds of forced actions kill a game. You think in real life the marines would do that? Or do you think they'd say hold off for 10 minutes, let us clear the beach, and then move in?

Edited by bonchie

the graphics are wonderful. The Multiplayer will be even more fun....

do you have see arma 2 @ very high settings? not really yah operation flashpoint 2 looks like arma 2 with low-med settings to me for the vegetation

and textures only looks like low. and you start with no idea what you shoud do when you play in hardcore. i have play it 2h and have sell it today :yay: i feel better now .

Heres my review.

Been long time fan of OFP since 2001, play mostly ARMA, and have Arma2 and play that as well, i mostly play in the editor, make my own stuff do whatever i want.

anyways today i got the game, installed it and setup controls and graphics ect.,

played the SP mission on there and was cool at first till i went up to an ammo cache, picked up a weapon in there, and had no way of exiting the menu, i pressed every freakin button to get out and couldn't exit if my life depended on it, i looked at my controls again, after 5min bsing, i restarted the mission and avoided all ammo caches. sigh..

so the command system is kinda of cool but i think OFP and Arma and arma2 is better and faster. ya its a new game and its differnt for a change but it dont make it better than the good stuff your used too. i come up to my first fire fight and was being shot at, i couldn't even see the guy.

moveing along, i get to a village and tell my squad to clear houses which was a cool feature, command menu changes based on if its an object, car, bulding enemy wahtever, so thats neat.

well after i get through the mission which i found ok but kind of boring tbh.

i wanted to try the editor as thats all i do in OFP, aram, arma2 so i was lookign forward to that.

i get into the editor which was seperate from the game, which i thought was dumb but whatever, as long as i can do what i love to do.

So i playin around i figured out the controls not to hard, seems alot more complicated then OFP, aram, arma2 editor by far.

so i place 1 guy down and an enemy squad in the distance, save it and hit the live link thing which is to test your mission.

:sleeping: waiting for my mission to load took like a freakin 5min, so im sitting there with a black screen for like 2-3 min, then i come to this screen where it says its loading, WTF, so here I am wondering, is this thing loading, like WTF is it doing, I mean i only placed 1 guy and a squad of 6 guys, thats it, its not like in OFP, aram, arma2 where if you place 50 soldiers and tanks and stuff it will take longer to load, gees.

I have to say it was monontoulsy INSANE LOADING TIME!

i played games in the 80s, and 90's that loaded slow but not compared to this, I mean OMG WTF are you loading!?

Well im sure my GC and CPU could be better but i can play OFP, aram, arma2 with no problem and they load up quick, bus seriously this is F*cked up.

that just ruined the game for me, the editor is like my own little playhouse, lol ok that was corny anyways, lol, I had no pleasure in that whatsoever.

takes like 4-5 shots to kill a guy unless you hit them in the head.

then the blood cloud when u shoot a guy is unrealistically rediculous, i mean its retarded enough to look like someone throws a bucket of blood up in the air in front of the guy, i mean cmon this is to far fetched.

Dispersion of teh guns are retarded as hell, like a previous guys said in his post bullets are doign cirlces around you, shit i put on a field dressing while being fully exposed, i could have had a snack and took a nap, cmon whats wrong with this picture.

oh i got to add to that when your runnign alogn with your gun, the dam gun is like propped under your chin or something, i was lookign for a button or feature to put the gun down, then you got the annoying gun bob, i fel like i was playing a first time shooter back in the day where the only animiation for gun movement when you are moving was up and down, gees.

with a sniper rifle the gun is practically in your mouth. man they seriously F*cked this game up

the graphics and some minor things were neat and good but gameplay, MEH forget it.

well im going to set the game aside, and try it again later, but i might just return it and get my money back after the loading times and all the BS i went through just to play the dam thing forget it.

im supposed to be getting a new cpu real soon so maybe that will help, but my last piece:

Give codemasters an OFP game and they turn around and F*ck it up.

Good thing BIS seperated from them, their all hype and propoganda, BIS is the real deal!

my honest opinion, save your money, its got some cool features but its not versitale like OFP, aram, arma2, no the grass is not greener on the other side, this makes you really appreciate what BIS has done.

Back to OFP, aram, arma2

dam i miss them so much after playing OFP2.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Been long time fan of OFP since 2001, play mostly ARMA, and have Arma2 and play that as well

You're a fan of Operation Flashpoint & Armed Assault I/II?

This is unbelievable. You describe yourself as an ardent devotee of these games, yet you threw your money on Dragon Rising? What the hell were you thinking?

Is it that difficult to understand that you're a fan of Bohemia, not Codemasters?! Geez, where do you people come from?

...i went up to an ammo cache, picked up a weapon in there, and had no way of exiting the menu, i pressed every freakin button to get out and couldn't exit...

Try "E".

This is gonna be my last comment on this thread, and really, probably as pointless as my others :D

16 hours. 16 hours, on the 2nd to last mission, and I thought: "whats the point". And got bored. The editor felt like i was playing with fuzzy felts. The map, when you look at the whole of it looks just like a series of "levels" stitched together, I also got that feel when playing it. So Im gonna give this game back to my friend, and forget all about it.

16 hours. If Id brought it off Amazon at £17.99, that would have been over a pound an hour. Still, there were some good moments in that 16 hours, and I'm not sorry I tried it. I actually wanted to like this game despite the ludicrous use of the Operation Flashpoint name, and I did. For 16 hours. That's less than a day.

ArmA 2? 218 hours so far. (Not counting the 2 weeks before XFire was logging the hours).

Still the menu music was interesting.