Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

That video of Sion Lenton with the airsoft weapons was one of the most cringe-worthy things I've had the displeasure of witnessing.

Seriously bud, from start to short lived finish, what a crock.

That video of Sion Lenton with the airsoft weapons was one of the most cringe-worthy things I've had the displeasure of witnessing.

quoting for emphasis.

Made me embarrased to be born in the same country as him.

"Nice...." - Sion Lenton's only statement to the community after launch of Dragon Rising.

Oh my god, is that actually true, if so it is beyond laughable, and also sad for the community...oh my.

Oh my god, is that actually true, if so it is beyond laughable, and also sad for the community...oh my.

It is.

Those people who came to the fashionable, albeit empty-of-content, bunker (the word 'pattern' comes to mind), came to see DR. Instead they all get crammed into a WarGoth movie theater to see a vid of the game, no hands on, and have to play 'Virtual DR'. Possibly because if they actually touched the game they would spontaneously bludgeon the crew.. Tragically LAME. Funny thought: I wonder if the players awareness and accuracy at AirSoft was on par with DR's AI, lol.

Oh, 'In -again- before the lock' for the festering, decayed, rotten, pus-filled waste of money and time that is DR. Toodles, thread. You've been very entertaining. Much more than the game you are actually about.

My final thought on this subject:

:aa: -> CM

sums it up pretty well.

I think that nothing can sum up this whole issue better than...

Nice......

:cool:

OK Delete my Post, Zippers should be the last Post of the Thread...just this big NICE....

Or if you finally close the Thread, please remember to end it with this

Nice......

I wish you people would stop calling Sion a liar. Remember, everything that he said, he said it before release, so it doesn't count.

You know, just like when you buy a graphics card off ebay and when it arrives it's broken. You contact the Ebayer and he says "oh, I only told you it wasn't broken before you bought it, so it doesn't count as a lie"

Anyways.....

Nice....

I wish you people would stop calling Sion a liar. Remember, everything that he said, he said it before release, so it doesn't count.

You know, just like when you buy a graphics card off ebay and when it arrives it's broken. You contact the Ebayer and he says "oh, I only told you it wasn't broken before you bought it, so it doesn't count as a lie"

Failure to specify defects, missing components, design flaws or false advertising whether before or after purchase invalidates any transaction, contract or agreement involving said product. This is true for most countries in the Western hemisphere. Since Lenton knew that what he was telling was never going to be in the game, ergo not telling the truth, he is a liar for falsely advertising a product, making it look like a superior product while in fact it is the gaming industry equivalent to a knock-off product made in a Chinese sweatshop. The only reason CM hasn't been sued is because people do not bother going to court over something that costs less than $40, this non-ambitious/demanding attitude to buying a game (or other product for that matter), then dump it after playing it for a few weeks is what the gaming industry thrives on these days leading to bad products being sold to the willing masses through massive advertising campaigns. A scam on a gigantic scale allowed to continue through the lackluster attitude of the consumers that continue to buy and defend such products.

Edited by JdB

I have never been more happy of skipping a game that I initially wanted very badly as in this case. Just to think that I listed it along with Mafia II as my most expected title makes me cringe.

Not only that but I also thought about getting a new system for it, thank god I did not, but sad thing is though other gamers might have forked out alot of $$ for a new system for this game due to their expectations.

This release has more then any other thought me to not to trust official reviews and to lean more towards forum feedback, and to hold on purchasing a game for a few weeks after release.

NICE !!!!

I wonder if they came to the conclusion that their "Award Winning Ego Engine" is obviously not up to the task of something of this scale? Be interesting to see what they do for the "sequal" assuming they bother now. I hope they do bother, I could do with another epic laugh like this gave me.

I wonder if they came to the conclusion that their "Award Winning Ego Engine" is obviously not up to the task of something of this scale? Be interesting to see what they do for the "sequal" assuming they bother now. I hope they do bother, I could do with another epic laugh like this gave me.

+1 I love arriving home every day to read this hilarious thread :D

Hope CM make a fail sequel so I can get some more laughs :bounce3:

Here's what really killed it for me within 10 seconds of the starting scene/mission one.

Notice the HUD in Arma2. It's clean. With a 25inch HDMI monitor it's very pretty.

Then DR pops on. I got all this shit all over. Big ass Minimap, Big ass icons showing me where to go, big ass weapon displays. Horrible graphics. Yeah, sure you can shut them off on higher game modes but then you have no idea where to go. The veterans of DR say "Yeah? play it on veteran and see how tough the game is."

Well it doesn't change the AI smarts, and only removes the hud. Then you have no information. So it's the choice of big ass hold your hand graphics or spending hours looking for how to finish the objective. And running / slogging back and forth.

Every time I see a video of this pile, I just look at that hud and go "ugh".

Nice.....

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Remember this gem?

Date 10/2/09 just a week before launch. From the CM Press Release kit.

EXPERIENCE THE STUNNING ‘LOOK & FEEL’ OF WAR IN NEW OPERATION FLASHPOINT®: DRAGON RISING DEVELOPER VIDEO

Taking gamers even further behind the scenes of Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, Codemasters® today released the latest in a series of developer insight videos featuring the much anticipated military shooter. In the ‘Look & Feel’ video, now available to view at www.flashpointgame.com, key development team members discuss just how far they’ve gone to ensure that Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising will take players as close to war as they’ll ever want to get.

“When we were doing the motion capture for Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, we went to incredible lengths to get the real guns†explains Executive Producer Sion Lenton. “This is because the weight of the guns can actually affect the way the animation looks.â€

“Every vehicle in Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising has its own characteristics: look, handling, turnout, weaponry and so on,†Lenton continues. “Everything from the smallest jeep to the largest chopper has a completely different handling experience.â€

“The damage in Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising is pretty gruesome,†says Mike Smith, Art Lead “It’s pretty much realistic – if you get hit by a large round, you’re very likely to have serious trauma to your body. We represent damage with several different visual stages. For example, you’ve got blood that seeps through clothes and then you’ve got catastrophic damage, which is actually losing your limbs or having your head blown off.â€

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising will set the new standard for sandbox shooters when it arrives October 6th (US) / 8th (EPAC) / 9th (UK) for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC. Feel the terror of war with the new developer video, now available online at www.flashpointgame.com. Gamers can also receive the latest updates as they happen by signing up to Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/flashpointgame or

Follow developments straight from the studio on Twitter - http://twitter.com/flashpointgame.

---------------

Incredible. At the point of this statement, the disk had gone gold and was already in production. He doesn't bold face lie, but bullshits.

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

Luhgnut;1575225'][/color]Remember this gem?

Date 10/2/09 just a week before launch. From the CM Press Release kit.

EXPERIENCE THE STUNNING ‘LOOK & FEEL’ OF WAR IN NEW OPERATION FLASHPOINT®: DRAGON RISING DEVELOPER VIDEO

Taking gamers even further behind the scenes of Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising' date=' Codemasters® today released the latest in a series of developer insight videos featuring the much anticipated military shooter. In the ‘Look & Feel’ video, now available to view at [url']www.flashpointgame.com[/url], key development team members discuss just how far they’ve gone to ensure that Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising will take players as close to war as they’ll ever want to get.

“When we were doing the motion capture for Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, we went to incredible lengths to get the real guns†explains Executive Producer Sion Lenton. “This is because the weight of the guns can actually affect the way the animation looks.â€

“Every vehicle in Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising has its own characteristics: look, handling, turnout, weaponry and so on,†Lenton continues. “Everything from the smallest jeep to the largest chopper has a completely different handling experience.â€

“The damage in Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising is pretty gruesome,†says Mike Smith, Art Lead “It’s pretty much realistic – if you get hit by a large round, you’re very likely to have serious trauma to your body. We represent damage with several different visual stages. For example, you’ve got blood that seeps through clothes and then you’ve got catastrophic damage, which is actually losing your limbs or having your head blown off.â€

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising will set the new standard for sandbox shooters when it arrives October 6th (US) / 8th (EPAC) / 9th (UK) for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC. Feel the terror of war with the new developer video, now available online at www.flashpointgame.com. Gamers can also receive the latest updates as they happen by signing up to Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/flashpointgame or

Follow developments straight from the studio on Twitter - http://twitter.com/flashpointgame.

---------------

Incredible. At the point of this statement, the disk had gone gold and was already in production. He doesn't bold face lie, but bullshits.

Executive Producer:

Bullshit Lenton

Nice...

Although i like the game basically, as a Singleplayer Shooter, if i read this:

Luhgnut;1575225']

“Every vehicle in Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising has its own characteristics: look' date=' handling, turnout, weaponry and so on,†Lenton continues. “Everything from the smallest jeep to the largest chopper has a completely different handling experience.â€

[/quote']

Something, somewhere went terribly wrong, really...

Lmfao Bullshit Lenton

Thats a first :D

Then DR pops on. I got all this shit all over. Big ass Minimap, Big ass icons showing me where to go, big ass weapon displays. Horrible graphics. Yeah, sure you can shut them off on higher game modes but then you have no idea where to go. The veterans of DR say "Yeah? play it on veteran and see how tough the game is."

I remember Lenton also saying HC mode didn't include a compass; wtf kind of soldier doesn't carry a compass if he has a map? surely carrying a compass will also affect the animations in the motion capture? I mean it could get tangled somewhere and compasses are quite heavy you know?

I thought tanks could fly? well apparently not in ofp:DR...

I thought tanks could fly? well apparently not in ofp:DR...

They can indeed, although you do need to hit a stone first :D

(Yes, I am aware ARMA suffers from similar problem, but it does not run on a racing engine...)

Are there any facts about DR sales? Must be a reason why CM is thinking/dreaming about a next one...

Rape.

They can indeed, although you do need to hit a stone first :D

(Yes, I am aware ARMA suffers from similar problem, but it does not run on a racing engine...)

Sure as hell that tanks can fly.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=507&g2_serialNumber=1