Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

Aren't goats already naked 100% of the time?

My god, this discussion is the very definition of offtopic... :butbut:

Edit: Jesus. I hate to say it, but if Templar had been the only one working on DR it would perhaps have been a decent game:

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/operation-flashpoint-dragon-rising-game-pc-113/407675-finally-free-look-mouse.html

Can't believe the insane amount of workarounds needed to get it to work, though... The award-winning EGO engine at its finest... :rolleyes:

Its all "Hardcoded" according to conmasters, we all know that is BS.

Nice...

oh remember the EGO engine is MODULAR. HAHAHAAHAHAHA Sion got N-word to tell you, think you're ready? :p

Can anyone actually post a link to sion lenton's comment where he said 'nice...'

everyone is saying it but I have no clue what they're talking about :confused:

that's all he said... "Nice...." after someone said something about him i think.

I find it incredible that there are people who really, really swallow this kind of thing, that any claim before release is meaningless in the argument against the game not providing what it promised.

I won't post on their boards anymore, but I find funny no one mentioned the obvious lie in the back of the box, if I remember well... something about dedicated server helping performances in MP :rolleyes:

I won't post on their boards anymore, but I find funny no one mentioned the obvious lie in the back of the box, if I remember well... something about dedicated server helping performances in MP :rolleyes:

Not exactly a lie. Dedicated would surely increase MP performance of Dragon failing. But this doesn't mean that there exist dedicated server software for it. So, they didn't lied, they just didn't say everything that "possibly" could matter. :D

Nice...

As we're closing this chapter, I have to question the people who actually bought the hype, let alone the game, enabling CM to fund this piece of garbage. If you look past the MTV editing and listened to the actual answers in the dev videos, the bullshit was transparent from the get go.

I wouldn't say it was transparent, it's only transparent in retrospect. Many of us were sceptical to be sure, and waited to see what the result would be, but I don't believe the BS was obvious.

Can anyone actually post a link to sion lenton's comment where he said 'nice...'

everyone is saying it but I have no clue what they're talking about :confused:

Everybody started blaming and flaming him the moment he began being himself. Poor guy. Just look closely at his name (and surname): compare (them), find similarities, chop them off and merge.

Now that I think of it. Maybe it was a pseudonym for this particular project and he already has another identity. :eek:

Nice.... :D

Hi guys,

I just read the last 15 pages of the topic.

And now I do fully realize how lucky we are to have these bunch of happy Czech for developpers.:yay:

The way Codemasters acted is simply unacceptable, they shouldn't be allowed to get away like that.

But in a way I'm glad, coz since the beginning ArmA and DR were considered as competitors. And most people though the winner would be the bigger studio, with the bigger budget,...And they were wrong (damn, so wrong :D)

David killed Goliath, he smashed him, he crushed this lazy fat ass studio...uhm...monster. :hang:

Whatever the money, whatever the advertising in the end it's the game made by true lovers of the genre who succeed. Those greedy bastards from codemaster failed. Problem is they aren't really paying the price for it, customers do, but I hope it's the last time.

Thanks BIS, thank you so much, for almost 10 years now you gave us the opportunity to taste a different, unique type of game. You've supported us as much as we've supported you guys, keep doing this and our love story will last forever (tears to my eyes)

Well that was my 2 cents. Completly useless but I feel better now :)

Edited by Macadam Cow

As we're closing this chapter, I have to question the people who actually bought the hype, let alone the game, enabling CM to fund this piece of garbage. If you look past the MTV editing and listened to the actual answers in the dev videos, the bullshit was transparent from the get go.

What I've seen over the past several months are people who don't have the time, energy and willpower to conduct a little honest pre-purchase research, yet will spend several months complaining and begging on the game's forums.

I see the DR people over there as having bought Barbie Horse Adventures (DR) and begging the shovelware developer (CM) to patch in an extensive mounted combat system, yet refuse to ever touch Mount & Blade (ArmA2) because they once saw an AI ride into a tree and the game lags if you have 600 combatants on the battlefield.

Seriously, DR wish lists are literally all ArmA2 existing feature lists, but they have an irrational hatred of ArmA2 on the level of mental illness (at least judging by the lies, my favorite being that ArmA2 doesn't have jets. :D)

Everybody started blaming and flaming him the moment he began being himself. Poor guy. Just look closely at his name (and surname): compare (them), find similarities, chop them off and merge.

Now that I think of it. Maybe it was a pseudonym for this particular project and he already has another identity. :eek:

Nice.... :D

the above link with "thar you go" is the link. Look at the handle "Waftybuz" then the classification under the name as Exec developer or something.

Waftybuzz has 20 posts total.

Here's the thing, WaftyBuz's only claim to fame prior to Dragon Rising was making those Xbox games from BurgerKing. The ones you could buy for $9.95 with a kids meal? Also was in charge of a failed MMO that was pulled by the investors due to "lack of vision and planning." That is a slap right in the face of the executive producer. The exec prod is responsible for "Vision and Planning." then look at the revolving door of developers doing DR, it is his legacy.

Pretty amazing. He's totally unqualified to create anything for gamers over the age of 12.

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

I had to have a chuckle at this one! The only reason he doesn’t play on line, because it’s non-existing from what I have heard. I would love to see there Company Standing Orders, this reply is probably in it, under the section what to say when asked a question on our forums.

Yep, I still play. Mostly on PC now running through the custom missions that people post, including Templar's stuff.

I normally play SP and not co-op, as a lot of the time I get called away from my computer and I don't think it's that fair to leave other people waiting in limbo while I go off and do something quickly (normally something that my fiancee wants me to do lol)

She would kill me if she saw that comment!

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/operation-flashpoint-dragon-rising-game-pc-113/407277-question-helios.html

Three days to go before the Last Post is played.

2/4RAR

I like how they claim that "The previous patches left you wanting more."

That's spin doctor city.

It infers that because the last two patches were so good, that you want more!

uh no. People want more, because they didn't fix anything.

Luhgnut;1573897']uh no. People want more' date=' because they didn't fix anything.[/quote']

Tsk tsk tsk, you completely forgot the fixed credits. I always enjoy carefully reading through credits that are without flaws or errors after many hours of exciting, thoroughly crafted gameplay in a game worth replaying a hundred time because of it's unrestricted mission design ...

... Oh right, I get the point :p

That DIY mouse-freelook is quite an achievement, respect to Templar for getting it working.

DR always looks so much better in video (almost makes me want to try it again), I guess because you can't discern how low-res the textures are.

That DIY mouse-freelook is quite an achievement, respect to Templar for getting it working.

Agreed. But look at how moving it also moves the whole friggen HUD as well.

The Award-Winning EGO Engine, everybody. :rolleyes:

Agreed. But look at how moving it also moves the whole friggen HUD as well.

The Award-Winning EGO Engine, everybody. :rolleyes:

CM's implementation of TrackIR did that anyway - making it impossible to aim any of your weapons in helos :pet2:

Lololol @3:19 Lenton surrendered, fortunately nothing serious :
No. First of, it isn't him @3:19 and secondly he just acknowledged that he was hit and out of the game.

Still, I would have loved to participate, except I'd swap that airsoft gun for a real CAR15 with rubber bullets (the Israelis have more than proven lol-factor of such ammunition when dealing with other incompetent people).

I've never seen so much lies and false information in just over 3,5 minutes, even when compared to terrorist propaganda. At least they scored high in one area ...

I wonder if the gaming press is taking notice of this farce at all.

German mag Gamestar did a retest of Arma 1.05 and gave it a 76% (1.0 66%). "OFP" DR still got 78% (for example, they got the same graphics score, nice....).

I think 76% for Arma2 is somewhat right for the general gamer, but in comparison 78% for DR? I read (online) game magazines for which games come out, not for how good they are for a reason (and I payed to learn that lesson.)

That said, a more stable release of Operation Arrowhead might do some good to BI...

You mean you sat there for, ok, "less" than 3 hours with your finger on the "w" key? man that's dedication. :D

Back in my OFP (the real one) days, I used a piece of cardboard and my swiss army knife as weight to press down "w", so I could a roll a cigarette and smoke. Ahh, good old times, actually nice.

German mag Gamestar did a retest of Arma 1.05 and gave it a 76% (1.0 66%). "OFP" DR still got 78% (for example, they got the same graphics score, nice....).

I think 76% for Arma2 is somewhat right for the general gamer, but in comparison 78% for DR? I read (online) game magazines for which games come out, not for how good they are for a reason (and I payed to learn that lesson.)

That said, a more stable release of Operation Arrowhead might do some good to BI...

Back in my OFP (the real one) days, I used a piece of cardboard and my swiss army knife as weight to press down "w", so I could a roll a cigarette and smoke. Ahh, good old times, actually nice.

now that is classic. ROLLING a cigarette during combat. That is class.

What also works really well, is you can get those little camera tripods that are all bendy and clamp on anything. They hold the W key down very well.

I VOTE TO CLOSE THREAD and LET THE DRAGON REST IN PIECES.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Tsk tsk tsk, you completely forgot the fixed credits. I always enjoy carefully reading through credits that are without flaws or errors after many hours of exciting, thoroughly crafted gameplay in a game worth replaying a hundred time because of it's unrestricted mission design ...

... Oh right, I get the point :p

oh my bad. They should have a section in review scores for "Correct Credits".

how correct you are and I give you credit.