Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

I did more modding, porting a OFP B26 Invader to Arma2 last night in 10 mins than DR will see all year including DLC added content.

I'd be surprised if CM even released any DLC additional content.

Tho I guess saying that we know they held back the bradley and shotgun so maybe, if they divert some people from Pong 2010 they just might have some extra content.

The personal attacks (on both sides) stop right now or we end that 'discussion'. This thread is about the sunken dragon as a game, not about its community members or developers.

You're confused, 'we' attack his game and he takes it personal, that isn't a personal attack. :)

I did more modding, porting a OFP B26 Invader to Arma2 last night in 10 mins than DR will see all year including DLC added content.

I'd be surprised if CM even released any DLC additional content.

Tho I guess saying that we know they held back the bradley and shotgun so maybe, if they divert some people from Pong 2010 they just might have some extra content.

Go to armaholic.com and see what gets released for Arma2 in 24 hours.

Then look to what has been released for DR in a month.

I´m suprised that the Moderators still watch this Thread in a proffesional manner. I wouldn´t do that. I would come over once a day, laugh a little bit and then go over to more important Things

Im surprised people still are comparing the two games..

sorry wolle ill be good but getin back to it Operation Flashpoint: Elite for Xbox the old xbox not the new 360 but temp why do you keep comein back on er any way BI have any thing at all to do with OFP DR ????

Luhgnut;1563300']Go to armaholic.com and see what gets released for Arma2 in 24 hours.

Then look to what has been released for DR in a month.

Here's a rough outline of Armaholics updates over the past two days based off a quick glance. Apologizes if I missed anything.

So far on the 6th:

German police car

News reporter units

Capture & hold game play mode

F-4 Phantom

AAS game mode

Warfare mission pack to support six user islands

Virtual Training Space Beta 3

Single player mission

German editor prop pack

TvT game mode

An update to a user campaign to utilize ACE units

Another AAS game mode

On the 5th:

Interview/preview of Conspiracies Rising, a large horror/scifi project

Preview screenshots of a Challenger tank

Huertgenwald island release

Coop mission

Singleplayer mission

Another Coop mission

Another AAS game mode

Celle island release

Large Isla Duala island update

It's like a little Christmas every day. I had a major tank battle on Celle (very Steel Beasts-like terrain, perfect for tanks), I just got done exploring the major updates to Isla Duala, and I've yet to try out Huertgenwald, but I plan on doing so in a little while. Since that's a wintery map, I'll make sure to run NIM Weather and set it to a light snowfall. From the screenshots, that map looks like a good setting for those Charon zombies I've been having so much fun with over the past few weeks. Oh, and I'm a big fan of the F-4 Phantom, so I need to give that a fly too. Maybe drop some Mk82s on said zombies...

Crikey, is this still going? I wonder if OFP:DR is now discussed more here than there. Let it go.

I reinstalled DR the other day to test out the new update, havent had it installed since October. I didnt bother loading the vanilla missions, straight into Templars White fang. The action started straight away, got killed pretty quick, AI improvement is noticeable.

But the game fucking sucks, i was feeling sick instantly from the FOV, the weapon takes up half the screen and is bouncing around too much leaving only a small amount for actually viewing. The graphics are just a blur of low res textures, enemy and friendly units all look the same, lucky i get a big blue X on a friendly so i dont shoot him.

I didnt like the game when it came out, all this time hasnt made my heart grow fonder. Their updates havent done a thing.

Should note that Temp's Op Whitefang has his improved accuracy AI and modified weapon scope/zoom/ballistics/etc. The Vanilla AI still can't hit the broad side of a barn. An the PS3 version of the patch seems to have introduced something that makes most of their players disconnect every 10 mins, but don't worry, they were told it's a problem on their end as usual.

Here's a rough outline of Armaholics updates over the past two days based off a quick glance. Apologizes if I missed anything.

So far on the 6th:

German police car

News reporter units

Capture & hold game play mode

F-4 Phantom

AAS game mode

Warfare mission pack to support six user islands

Virtual Training Space Beta 3

Single player mission

German editor prop pack

TvT game mode

An update to a user campaign to utilize ACE units

Another AAS game mode

On the 5th:

Interview/preview of Conspiracies Rising, a large horror/scifi project

Preview screenshots of a Challenger tank

Huertgenwald island release

Coop mission

Singleplayer mission

Another Coop mission

Another AAS game mode

Celle island release

Large Isla Duala island update

It's like a little Christmas every day. I had a major tank battle on Celle (very Steel Beasts-like terrain, perfect for tanks), I just got done exploring the major updates to Isla Duala, and I've yet to try out Huertgenwald, but I plan on doing so in a little while. Since that's a wintery map, I'll make sure to run NIM Weather and set it to a light snowfall. From the screenshots, that map looks like a good setting for those Charon zombies I've been having so much fun with over the past few weeks. Oh, and I'm a big fan of the F-4 Phantom, so I need to give that a fly too. Maybe drop some Mk82s on said zombies...

two of those missions are mine. I can put together cool little co-op or pvp missions in Arma2 in no time. Can do one during lunch. With the tools released for Arma2, I just use template missions, alter them and you have a new mission. It's possible because new tools and utilities are released constantly.

With DR, it's nearly start from scratch, since the editor is so limited and no tools at all unless you think coding lua from scratch every time is a benefit.

why don't you let this thread die already?

The game has already putrefied in its grave

You see the distant flames,

they bellow in the night.

You fight in all our names

for what we know is right.

And when you all get shot

and cannot carry on,

though you die,

The Dragon Rising thread lives on.

You may get stabbed in the head

with a dagger or sword.

You may be burned to death

or skinned alive or worse.

But when they torture you,

you will not feel you need to run,

For though you die, Dragon Rising thread lives on.

Agree, let this sad thread die!

Before this thread Really gets locked. I just want to say to Luhgnut. You are the best man!

After nearly one year in these forums, this was my first post. :-/

Edited by KERNsE

You see the distant flames,

they bellow in the night.

You fight in all our names

for what we know is right.

And when you all get shot

and cannot carry on,

though you die,

The Dragon Rising thread lives on.

You may get stabbed in the head

with a dagger or sword.

You may be burned to death

or skinned alive or worse.

But when they torture you,

you will not feel you need to run,

For though you die, Dragon Rising thread lives on.

Thats great^^

I reinstalled DR the other day to test out the new update, havent had it installed since October. I didnt bother loading the vanilla missions, straight into Templars White fang. The action started straight away, got killed pretty quick, AI improvement is noticeable.

But the game fucking sucks, i was feeling sick instantly from the FOV, the weapon takes up half the screen and is bouncing around too much leaving only a small amount for actually viewing. The graphics are just a blur of low res textures, enemy and friendly units all look the same, lucky i get a big blue X on a friendly so i dont shoot him.

I didnt like the game when it came out, all this time hasnt made my heart grow fonder. Their updates havent done a thing.

Thats because CM are incompetent, and they spend their time when actually doing patch work, on assuring that when we watch the credits we dont see the transition twice.

I dont know about you but that was a game breaking bug for me, even worse than the Invisible AI, FOV and LOD problems.

CM is full of shit, everything is "hardcoded" which me and Templar know thats utter bullshit, they have the code already written for FOV changes and LOD there all simple values....

anyways this thread is funnier than Comedy Central KEEP IT GOIN! ::yay:

The latest DR patch seems to have introduced a problem with nVidia cards that is forcing many people's card to operate at 100% all the time til the game lags out and crashes from overheating the card.

Good way to kill your graphics cards.

The latest DR patch seems to have introduced a problem with nVidia cards that is forcing many people's card to operate at 100% all the time til the game lags out and crashes from overheating the card.

but it runs so smooth!

I have a Nvidia 8800GT, but this doesnt happen to me. perhaps a system configuration problem?

Not sure what it's related to yet. Probably driver version or OS, but only happens with 1.02 patch from what I'm hearing.

Not sure what it's related to yet. Probably driver version or OS, but only happens with 1.02 patch from what I'm hearing.

They definately changed something, in 1.01 I could run the editor and the game and still have 30-40fps, but now I get 15-20 when the editor is running.

The editor still uses the same constant 15-20% cpu (which is stupid, all its doing is constantly checking the mission editor folder for changes)

I heard reports of ATI people noticing it now so I did some tests myself and noticed that my card is running at 99% in the menus, although it reaches 75 deg max which doesn't bother me much, but it's a pretty major problem. No idea what could be causing it though.

Now even one of the last points, the performance, melted away.

Just finished watching these videos Templar found over at ELSEWHERE, and it´s pretty stunning to take all this in.

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/action/operationflashpoint2/video/6196274/gc-2008-operation-flashpoint-2-first-look-interview

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/operation-flashpoint-2-gc/256748

Especially the first one is downright upsetting. Rubbing up to the original fanbase of a Game they didn´t even make themselves? That´s a pretty large leap to take for a publisher... and the gibberish about Military and Tactics and Realism and and and seems so utterly fake now that the game is out.

There´s also a few gems in there:

1:03 "You don´t have hitpoints, you don´t have FORCE FIELDS" <- I guess the Invisi-shield doesn´t count.

Later on tons of fancy equipment and talk about how the game wouldn´t be dumbed down.

Such a pity this had to happen. By now I´m also glad I didn´t buy into the hype that was going on shortly before the game was actually released.

As for the videos, nice finds. Kudos to Templar

Cheers

InstaGoat