Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

Luhgnut;1560781']Have a great idea for a mod for Dr.

Go to Staples and get one of those orange sticky dots you stick on shit. one of those little ones.

find the center of your screen and stick the dot. Download his new mod.

Now all your weapons will hit dead center.

Now give me $10.00 each for this.

oh boy...i had almost forgotten about that...no crosshairs for your sniper rifle, no problem

am not sendin tham any cash thay got £40 out of me last time for that game lol

Luhgnut;1561526']Okay everybody send CM $10.00

LOL. After a crappy day at work this was just what I needed. Who needs the comedy channel for laughs. This thread has it all, laughs, drama, action. Hell I might just tell Shaw cable to stick it and cancel my cable service. I've gotten more enjoyment outta this thread than my TV lately. Where do i send that $9.57 cdn to again? :D

LOL. After a crappy day at work this was just what I needed. Who needs the comedy channel for laughs. This thread has it all, laughs, drama, action. Hell I might just tell Shaw cable to stick it and cancel my cable service. I've gotten more enjoyment outta this thread than my TV lately. Where do i send that $9.57 cdn to again? :D

I'll send you my account infos per PM. And please don't forget to make it pay monthly. :D

Some guy on one of my youtube DR bashing video's explained to me the technical nuances of Dragon Rising AI. After a nice read, I realized that CM must have been shipping psychedelic mushrooms in some of their boxes as a prize or something. That the DR AI are so smart that they will adjust to your style of game play automatically to always make it tough on you.

Ok, explain to me then how I completed the first mission without firing a shot. Can stand back with my grandfathers squirrel rifle at 200 meters and pick em off like rabbits in a cage?

And so, the gaming community looses another I.Q. point and the gene pool get's more polluted.

when from time to time i read CM forums and DR opinions i have feeling that they live in somekind of alternative reality

"this is good game but could be uber super" , ehehehehehe

and they still not think about switching to Arma there ?

or maybe they are CM employee who sit on forums and type there ? cause i cannot find any logical reason while PC players there, not switch to Arma

i believe they are undercover cm employees.....cm probably hired one of those telemarketing type firms over in india or something to stay on there pushing their weak ass propaganda

hired one of those telemarketing type firms over in india or something to stay on there pushing their weak ass propaganda

hahaha ELLOO AND HOW CAN WE HELP YOU SIR what sir you will like to see more :yay::yay::yay: in the game sir :D

:D Seriously, this Thread is pure comedy. Always good for a laugh

Wow is this still going on?

Ok Templar, mod me in freelook in DR and we might just... or maybe not.

Oh right i run round all day with my head glued to my gun, which is excellent for situational awareness.

Invest your time in something more usefull then defending a game that tried, but failed.

(Damn I'm childish today)

Luhgnut;1562195']we just love you're work!

ahh mr nut...i christen thee sarcasm personified...kudos :D <- u made me lol

@templar: You are the one public face of the OFP: DR community that is why they are taking shots at you. You have been the only one to stand up and defend a game you obviously love and care deeply for. However as has been stated many times the OFP DR vs Arma2 arguement is pointless but since you posted here and fought back against the arma guys you have painted a big target on your chest. I suggest you get used to it...it's either that or stop visiting the forum.

you people cant help taking a stab at me, even when I'm not here. get a life please

Internet.gif

Riddle:

What stands 4 feet tall but has no legs..

Has Eyes, but cannot see.

Runs as fast as lightning, but does not move.

Has lived forever, but never been born.

Answer: This damn thread that is going on for so long that I have no understanding for why the obsession. Sort of like going to the freak show, and getting a donut for showing up in the first place.

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

Luhgnut;1562259']Riddle:

What stands 4 feet tall but has no legs..

Has Eyes' date=' but cannot see.

Runs as fast as lightning, but does not move.

Has lived forever, but never been born.

Answer: This damn thread that is going on for so long that I have no understanding for why the obsession. Sort of like going to the freak show, and getting a donut for showing up in the first place.[/quote']

You're right, LoL, I thought is the AI from DR. Well, it seems that I am not good at english riddles.:o

Now, finally i stoped playing DR and gave it away to my uncle...

The second patch did not fix one single thing the community wanted, they just told us "all is hardcoded". I always liked the SP battles in DR but now, it is clear that in 3-5 months nobody will make new missions anymore and CM maybe make another "final" patch before dropping it.

It looks like that hole thing was one big misunderstanding between the dev's and the marketing guys. It could have been a really great game but i think with this engine (EGO) you just cant make a large-scale FPS like ArmA.

You can have small but cool firefights but thats all.

On some point i started to think "aahh, something is wrong here" after playing DR with the second patch...fuck that still looks like 1.0 !

Some many things that started to upset me (FOV, LOD, no Quick-Menu fix like the one from templar).

And no, that dont means that i now like ArmA2 SP, but with ACE2 Mod the Coop missions are so much fun, you just have to love ArmA's MP !

Maybe my uncle will like DR and dont put it in the garbage...

Let' play ArmA2 !

It looks like that hole thing was one big misunderstanding between the dev's and the marketing guys.

Not quite. I think the marketing management of CM did an outstanding job. Despite the fact that the game is just plain bullshit, they were able to masquerade the whole thing as something what it just is not. Until the release date. Just look at the game mags. What about those preview versions? Either they believed too, that all the promised things will eventually show up in the final, or they just played along with a little side profit.

No, the marketing was spectacular, hence not a single tone from them since release.

Any company in the world dreams of such a marketing, believe me that.

Not quite. I think the marketing management of CM did an outstanding job. Despite the fact that the game is just plain bullshit, they were able to masquerade the whole thing as something what it just is not. Until the release date. Just look at the game mags. What about those preview versions? Either they believed too, that all the promised things will eventually show up in the final, or they just played along with a little side profit.

No, the marketing was spectacular, hence not a single tone from them since release.

Any company in the world dreams of such a marketing, believe me that.

The fingers all point to one person Lenton. SION LENTON

It's his job as the Executive Producer to merge development and marketing together. If there's a "mis-communication" it's his fault, his fault alone and is ultimately responsible for the success or (in this case) failure of the title.

From watching his glamorous TV and E3 interviews, it's obvious that

A) He didn't play the game

B) He loves to glam for the camera

C) He didn't play the game

D) He loves to glam for the camera

E) Is an idiot.

Luhgnut;1562513']The fingers all point to one person Lenton. SION LENTON

It's his job as the Executive Producer to merge development and marketing together. If there's a "mis-communication" it's his fault' date=' his fault alone and is ultimately responsible for the success or (in this case) failure of the title.

From watching his glamorous TV and E3 interviews, it's obvious that

A) He didn't play the game

B) He loves to glam for the camera

C) He didn't play the game

D) He loves to glam for the camera

E) Is an idiot.[/quote']

In the end, all of it doesn't matter, because the masquerade was quite successful until the release date. They just tried to get the best out of the crap they produced over the past several years, and you can say they were successful with the misleading and the selling of the "game".

I'd love to have those marketing guys in my company, if I had one :D

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/operation-flashpoint-dragon-rising-game-pc-113/406020-templargfxs-completely-awesome-entity-database.html

Anyone else getting the feeling CM have actually hired templar? Why else would someone continuously put so much damn effort into a game that isn't supported at all by the developer, or by it's own community (well, hardly supported in this case)? Granted, he can like the game, but when you're the only one liking the game, or one of very few (as is the case with DR), what is the point? I would only ever do that if I was being paid to do it.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/operation-flashpoint-dragon-rising-game-pc-113/406020-templargfxs-completely-awesome-entity-database.html

Anyone else getting the feeling CM have actually hired templar? Why else would someone continuously put so much damn effort into a game that isn't supported at all by the developer, or by it's own community (well, hardly supported in this case)? Granted, he can like the game, but when you're the only one liking the game, or one of very few (as is the case with DR), what is the point? I would only ever do that if I was being paid to do it.

I think you may have missed the point (excellent post by the way). Niche or Crappy games often attract the most diehard fans. Templar's undying love for OFP: DR stems from the fact he is the sole shining light of that community. Both the devs and the small community heap praise on him which in turn makes him even more dedicated to modding a game. All modders, myself included, get off a little on the attention we receive from release. Now imagine you are the only one modding a particular game. This makes you the sole focus of the community no matter how small. I think this is a much more likely reason than CM hiring the guy.

That's a very good point, actually. It just pains me to see people actually wanting to support Codemasters after what they've done with DR. It's like asking them to kick you around, and to ripoff the rest of us.

well you do get some bet he's just 14 lol

like you lot i was lookin forwud to DR and than whan i got it and all the bugs in it what a joke from CM bit like you templar just name some thing thats good in DR can you do that you get NO SDK KIT to do any modin for it unlike arma 1 and 2 and not forgetin OFP you just have to have a look on arma and ofp sites to find lots of stuff for all BI games

but ill tell you what is the biggist joke of all is the MP for DR lol