Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

I've played Dragon Rising and found it enjoyable as long as it lasted. Especially I found the handling of the helicopter much better than ARMA, it is ashamed that ARMA doesn't recognize the fact that helicopters have rear rotors, and that airplanes have tailfinns.

LOL, I would agree with you if there isnt "aerodynamic" in real world, sad thing is, there is

I've played Dragon Rising and found it enjoyable as long as it lasted. Especially I found the handling of the helicopter much better than ARMA, it is ashamed that ARMA doesn't recognize the fact that helicopters have rear rotors, and that airplanes have tailfinns.

Funny thing is, i tought DR didint have planes

I put up a video on my youtube, where I flail around to russian folk music, which was the only way to make playing it bearable for prolongued periods of time.

LOL. No feeling, very boring, Delta Force was much more atmospheric. Good thing you put that music (it creates some atmosphere:o), that guy from 2:56 he enjoyed that music to. I have not played DR for more than a month, I had forgotten how boring it is.

Edited by gulag

Funny thing is, i tought DR didint have planes

you thought right, and no way to look around on top of a 60 degree fov forces you to use 3rd person

Actually TrackIR works in vehicles, so you can look around. The funny thing is, there's no way to do that with keyboard, you just need external hardware :)

TrackIR is supported only in vehicles, forget about infantry free look.

can you do the campaign in system link on the 360

Ask that sort of question at the CM forums. It's their product and they shall provide the support for it. This tolerated thread here is for discussion only, not for supporting it or even answer gameplay questions. :)

you thought right, and no way to look around on top of a 60 degree fov forces you to use 3rd person

Thats because it's a console port...

^ This.

It's the close to the worst possible thing they could have done with the OFP name. The worst would probably be having it as a completely different genre, like, you know, a racing game, for a racing game engine...

It's utterly pathetic in my eyes. Never going to touch something from Codemasters again.

got nothing to do with being a console port, has everything to do with being a half assed game

Console port = half assed game, always. :p

I read the first few pages of that, & everything they want from OFP3 can be found in Arma 2 already!

Most of it could already be found in OFP: CWC!

OFP3 should be ArmA III. That's my opinion. The name should be stripped from anything related to Codemasters.

They just get drunk with rainwater, what ofp3? They struggled for 7 years to release a console game with a menu that contains 4 controls for squad: follow me, spread, flank, attack, with 3 tanks, 2 helicopters, 2 trucks, and with that they claim to name it, military simulation, BS, lies for money. ofp3 from cornmaster will be just DR with another map and other missions, the same BS, cornmaster is :at647: for me.

About ARMA2 'DLC'

source: http://bastion.gamespress.com/link.asp?i=1701&r=3177&r2=1038

Amongst other things the 1.05 patch features a new warfare mode "When Diplomacy Fails", including 3-side support for diplomacy between all factions allowing players to enjoy the strategic part of the game in a size never seen before. Warfare mode is a unique gaming experience first introduced in ARMA: Armed Assault. The mode combines tactical FPS gameplay with strategic elements which allow players to either join the fight in the front lines attacking the enemy directly, or to crush them in a commander position giving orders to other players whilst managing resources and the main base. Moreover each player is allowed to lead his own squad. Up to 32 players are supported, this multiplayer mode is a true war experience.

[/Quote]

Now that's a real slap to codemaster's OFPDR face :p

Most of it could already be found in OFP: CWC!

Dude, you are SO RIGHT. What's sad really, is that the people that point out that fact on that forum, get BLASTED as an Arma fanboy. (which I'm proud to say I am. but for good reasons.... it just rocks)

They want CM to make OFP/DR into an Arma2 (oh but keep the smooth gameplay and make sure it runs on our consoles.) They actually want the PC version to be a separate all encompassing version that they thought it was going to be.

It's like "You have my $50 bucks, so now make it like it's supposed to be." Yeah ok right. Then when you go, "Arma2 has all that.) Blammo, you get blasted.

I hear responses "With arma2 you need a monster computer!" (incorrect as we all know.) - So they think if they make DR into an Arma2, that DR will run just as great?

What's really a ripper, .....

Mods for DR = accuracy hack.

Mods for Arma2 = ACE2

Nuff said.

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

Well, you also have:

DR = couple of shitty maps (that you have to pay for on consoles)

ArmA II = Eagle Wing + AH64 + huge patch + for free

Again, 'nuff said.

Well, you also have:

DR = couple of shitty maps (that you have to pay for on consoles)

ArmA II = Eagle Wing + AH64 + huge patch + for free

Again, 'nuff said.

Maps? Ahaha. You mean zone unlocks? They're using the same map, CM just unlocks a new area for "official" multiplayer gameplay! :eek:

Luhgnut;1512470']Dude' date=' you are SO RIGHT. What's sad really, is that the people that point out that fact on that forum, get BLASTED as an Arma fanboy. (which I'm proud to say I am. but for good reasons.... it just rocks)

They want CM to make OFP/DR into an Arma2 (oh but keep the smooth gameplay and make sure it runs on our consoles.) They actually want the PC version to be a separate all encompassing version that they thought it was going to be.

It's like "You have my $50 bucks, so now make it like it's supposed to be." Yeah ok right. Then when you go, "Arma2 has all that.) Blammo, you get blasted.

I hear responses "With arma2 you need a monster computer!" (incorrect as we all know.) - So they think if they make DR into an Arma2, that DR will run just as great?

What's really a ripper, .....

Mods for DR = accuracy hack.

Mods for Arma2 = ACE2

Nuff said.[/quote']

Well for that part, you do need an monster setup(atless 8GB ram with 6GB of them set to be RAMDISK plus kickass GFX card and good CPU) to run it ulter-smooth on everything Veryhigh and VD of 8000:p, you cant blame them for being penny-pinching right?:D

Luhgnut;1506496']Well' date=' I played his "intense" mission. [/quote']

You are by far the most vocal critic of Dragon Rising on this thread yet you still continue to play that game. Mindboggling.

You are by far the most vocal critic of Dragon Rising on this thread yet you still continue to play that game. Mindboggling.

I think this falls under the Hopeful, But Seriously Let Down category. I'm still hoping for improvement. The demo was actually better than what was released (2-3 tree models instead of 1!)

You obviously haven't read any of Walker's post in the old DR thread. That guy pioneered the art of DR hating long before it was cool.