Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

That Polaris is in denial himself.

Community 'leaders' like Polaris are an amusing breed - 'never fear faithful flock, the very purpose of our being here may have been undermined but if we just stay positive and happy we can still have a wonderful community [around a crap game]'

If i were a member there id point out that people complain simply because the central aim of the community, Dragon Rising, has turned out to be crap, and the point of the forums is not to create a warm fuzzy community feeling inside like he is trying to do, but to discuss a game that it is now clear has been a big waste of time. Psychology is also a subject ive studied and his use of a simplified and unproven theory like the stages to belittle poster's choices and explain their motivations as if it were fact is questionable.

I just dont think he 'gets it' - who wants to waste time by spending it and getting hyped up in a forum for something that turns out to be a lie? Does that not justify anger and bitter hostility towards those who set up the forum and advertised the product? Hes trying to promote the product that the customers themselves are trying to actively warn against

He is a fool trying to keep people happy on a sinking ship. I dont think he realises that without the impetus, there can be no community

yeah, and he's a tard. Whatever you said, I feel smarter just reading it :619:

I posted this a while ago. And it still fits.

Polaris isn't too bad. He was just hoping for the second coming and found that the dog turd with the face of jesus turned out to be a dog turd with the face of, well, a dog turd.

From what I can tell of it, half the Heroes group (like Polaris) are considering moving to Arma 2 while the other half are still refusing to accept Arma due to the old grudge and are looking for another saviour.

This thread is a little like watching reality TV isn't it? Projecting ourselves as better than the poor sods we are witnessing going about their toiletries and love lives in front of cameras. I don't wish to offend anyone, in fact, I probably would join you in laughing were circumstances different - But really, has these forums stooped to the Something Awful level of making fun of people for whatever they write on the internets? Or is this thread just a little oasis of pettiness that the moderators leave open for the sake of leaving it open?

Sorry for the rant - Really, truly sorry... But the whiskey made me.

I can moderate you - Now go to bed you drunken sweed or i have to kill you :p And just to let you know, this is not the only place the soap continues.

Polaris isn't too bad. He was just hoping for the second coming and found that the dog turd with the face of jesus turned out to be a dog turd with the face of, well, a dog turd.

From what I can tell of it, half the Heroes group (like Polaris) are considering moving to Arma 2 while the other half are still refusing to accept Arma due to the old grudge and are looking for another saviour.

well that half of the heroes group should just stay there

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

Luhgnut;1492661']actually lately I've been using WarFXparticles and the explosions are incredible. Looks much more realistic. If anybody wants some killer effects for explosions' date=' use that. I also use JTD Fire and Smoke and now it looks most killer. Sorry, sorta off-topic. but nyah.[/quote']

jtd fire and smoke looks insane

OT: Yeah it looks like a killer, a X1900XT killer at that. Mine almost made reallife particles of it's own. :p

well that half of the heroes group should just stay there

definitely

such *** as Polaris and others should not come here :/ they would make a lot of troubles in this community "i was so trying to be hero and leader, but you don't worship me, boooooo"

Edited by vilas

I think they don't feel like heroes at all now, they have no reason to feel heroes. Strange thing is that they have declared themselves heroes before playing DR, and now Bubble is broken, who should be blame for this? CM does not give a crap for their disappointment.

This thread is a little like watching reality TV isn't it? Projecting ourselves as better than the poor sods we are witnessing going about their toiletries and love lives in front of cameras. I don't wish to offend anyone, in fact, I probably would join you in laughing were circumstances different - But really, has these forums stooped to the Something Awful level of making fun of people for whatever they write on the internets? Or is this thread just a little oasis of pettiness that the moderators leave open for the sake of leaving it open?

Not to spoil anyone's mood, but they fell for the marketting, not us.

I wont speak for anyone else but i will say that id first heard of Dragon Rising when it tried to mislead me for an 'official' BIS successor to OFP (and i assumed the next game to come from them). That underhand tactic alone left a bad taste in my mouth, and had me enter arguments with the rabid fans on an enthusiast forum i frequent. I resolved at that point not to buy the game. So the fanboys even at this early stage chose to ignore CM's immoral ways, which is why i said they were happy to 'dump the principles'.

Their blindness went much further, however. Both on the CM forums and the enthusiast forum i frequent, a group who were desperately hoping for a success jumped on any suggestions from skeptics that the videos were not showing a good product. Instead, they lapped up every marketing trick in the book. The skeptical of us looked on (better than posting)

Now i know where fault lies - squarely with CM, who intentionally misled those who didnt know any better (and many who did). However, there is a specific line between being duped and accepting it when it becomes clear, and being duped but so deep in belief that you refuse to accept it, and misguidedly attack the critics instead.

This second group, many of whom are so called 'heroes' of CM's community [and marketing efforts, although unintentionally] are doing just that. At this point most consumers are unhappy with the game and if nothing else, are warning others against it. So whatever Polaris may think of the riff raff invading while the polite people leave, in overall terms this is a GOOD thing. It prevents others suffering a loss and being dissapointed, which they might be if he had his way, the community didnt complain and others were misled about the game.

Being misled is one thing, being part of the effort yourself is entirely another. Some 'heroes' ought to realise that anger at CM is a good thing, and not always are civility and positive thinking appropriate

Yes, and it's made worse after BIS complained about using OFP in the title. If CM really had their way they used OFP 2, shouldn't have used the title anyway. It really doesn't matter if they choose to add a 2 to it or not, people tend to think it's the sequel of the previous game, and some even thought OFP:CWC was made by CM. It was all part of their marketing strategy, and look where that got CM now. I can't believe that people are willing to defend that kind of deceit.

Even the DR facebook still has OFP 2 in the title, it was part of their hype machine.

Well, this is the easiest way to make money, they should share the money with BIS.

it's not that. It's the "tude". I went back for giggles and looked at the posts leading up to, through, and post release. It was like watching a bunch of kids getting ready for Christmas Day and Santa was bringing the best toy ever. Then when Santa left them a dog turd in their stocking, some said "Hey, this sucks." while others said "This is the best dog turd ever!".

Then Sir Poleharryass said basically to the people not liking their dog turd, "You people are idiots, just look how happy these other kids are playing with their dog turds! Don't bring them into reality!"

So like most turds, after a while, they dry up and then everybody realizes that no matter what, a turd is a turd.

Luhgnut;1492962']it's not that. It's the "tude". I went back for giggles and looked at the posts leading up to' date=' through, and post release. It was like watching a bunch of kids getting ready for Christmas Day and Santa was bringing the best toy ever. Then when Santa left them a dog turd in their stocking, some said "Hey, this sucks." while others said "This is the best dog turd ever!".

Then Sir Poleharryass said basically to the people not liking their dog turd, "You people are idiots, just look how happy these other kids are playing with their dog turds! Don't bring them into reality!"

So like most turds, after a while, they dry up and then everybody realizes that no matter what, a turd is a turd.[/quote']

LOL @ the way you say it :p

Luhgnut;1492962']it's not that. It's the "tude". I went back for giggles and looked at the posts leading up to' date=' through, and post release. It was like watching a bunch of kids getting ready for Christmas Day and Santa was bringing the best toy ever. Then when Santa left them a dog turd in their stocking, some said "Hey, this sucks." while others said "This is the best dog turd ever!".

So like most turds, after a while, they dry up and then everybody realizes that no matter what, a turd is a turd.[/quote']

Best example ever! :p

No need to get personal guys and attack that guy, calling him by any kind of names.

Please show some more maturity. This thread is about the game, not a particular fan.

And no matter what ... you cannot polish a turd :)

Didn't you watch Mythbusters?

Just played the demo... no mouse-Y invert. pretty much fail to me... the graphics are awfull... the screenshots in the net looked way more beautiful, but ingame... sheesh. sure graphics is secondary... but no mouse-Y invert, I cant properly play the demo... yet, I can still rambo around, line up shot in upright position, in the open bullets flying everywhere but me... plink those PLA like toy soldiers... yeah, maybe dumbed down a bit for a first mission. but no mouse-Y invert??? I think I'm repeating myself now... better stop.. ARMA2 lead the way

No need to get personal guys and attack that guy, calling him by any kind of names.

Please show some more maturity. This thread is about the game, not a particular fan.

It's fun of his alias, not his real name. There IS a difference.

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

Just played the demo... no mouse-Y invert. pretty much fail to me... the graphics are awfull... the screenshots in the net looked way more beautiful, but ingame... sheesh. sure graphics is secondary... but no mouse-Y invert, I cant properly play the demo... yet, I can still rambo around, line up shot in upright position, in the open bullets flying everywhere but me... plink those PLA like toy soldiers... yeah, maybe dumbed down a bit for a first mission. but no mouse-Y invert??? I think I'm repeating myself now... better stop.. ARMA2 lead the way

No wait, gotta try this before you uninstall. Beat the first mission without firing a shot. Just walk to where they tell you to go.

if you had never played any of the BIS titles and only played the demo. i think it would look a little different to you. i think if the demo was out last week, it may have looked diferent to me, but after playing A2 then ofpdr looks bad.

I partly agree.

If I never played any of BIS games and tried, lets say, ArmA2 demo, well...I don't know what my reaction would be, maybe I would've hated it (I probably would :p)

But, it was the demo (OFP:CWC) that caught my attention to BIS games in the first place.

To make long story short, CM made a big mistake making this game.

Why? Expectations are high when you see that sequel to OFP is being made, and by any logic you expect that 2009. title beats the one that was made 8 years ago, and claims to be the sequel of.

Well, it doesn't, not by a long shot.

Anyway, glad to see you on these forums, Colt45_GTO. :)

Just played the demo... no mouse-Y invert. pretty much fail to me...

Yes, there is. Options - Keyboard setup - Advanced. It's on the bottom of the screen, or you can push F1. I had some trouble finding it myself too. ;)

EDIT

I'm not saying DR is a bad game, I didn't play full game, so I don't wanna bash it.

I don't care that much for graphics, DR gfx is good enough for me.

Gameplay, that's a different story. I played through demo mission without the fear of dying. Anyone remember Ambush mission? (CWC demo).

When I played it for the first time, I died a lot. Then I mend my foolish ways, started crawling and taking cover.

Bottom line: there is no fear of dying in DR.

Edited by Kernriver

Sir Polaris is closing his Dragon Rising Community Services too: http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5859044&postcount=1

o my god, another "worst day of my life"

what can i do now ?

cut myself with spoon ?

shot myself with water gun ?

rape my teddy bear ?

o gosh, really sad message, my scars are deep within my heart

no more DR, no more Sir Polaris :(

at whom we will be laughing ? it can be worse, he can register here ;(

do you think he will shot himself too ? :hang:

and d*** on grave instead of cross as we say PL :D

Edited by vilas

Guys, I was so wrong...I havent even touched DR in weeks, but with some pimping mods and 30+ FPS, ArmA2 is once again sucking me in.

Guys, I was so wrong...I havent even touched DR in weeks, but with some pimping mods and 30+ FPS, ArmA2 is once again sucking me in.

Ya know, I was messing with the DR editor tryingto think Arma2. Do searches for information on how to do the most simplistic thing and nobody had a clue. I got SOOOO spoiled with the tools that BIS put out and the editor.

Finally after ripping the guts out of that shell of a "game" and seeing how they fake everything, I had enough. Went back to learning my Arma2 missions, and man did I have a rebirth of appreciation for BIS and the tools.

Oh, I gave my DR disk to my nephew. He's 10. He played it for a day maybe. I saw him the other day and asked how DR was, and he said (and I quote) "I finished yesterday Unckie. It was easy." He's back to his Sims3 game. So what's that tell ya?

maybe DR has "no target" and "god mode" as default ?

maybe you ought to disable it to play normally ?

if 10 years boy win it... sory :D :D :D :D :D