Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

-Ziggy-;1471318']http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391331

speed mod proves how worthless this game is for mp :goodnight:

"Well Ive just tested it, and it took 18 seconds to run 100m.

Considering its a fully equipped soldier, that seems pretty realistic to me."

Are you kidding me? 18secs to run a 100m dash.... noway with full gear/boots uneven terrain grass ect. And after being in contact/battle or even hours of walking before... I guess a ACE2 port to DR isnt going to fly...

kklownboy: That was response to complaints about "slow running". They are VERY common here or at CM forums.

18s/100m just proves that running isn't so slow. These values are from vanilla version, if I'm right.

Edited by Mr.Wolf

Well with the Ultimate AI and ACOG's balance weapons mods, this game has changed from mediocre to very good. MP is crap of course, except if you joint good people for some coop; but I have really good times playing little missions I make with the mission editor.

It's the only way I use this game.

"Well Ive just tested it, and it took 18 seconds to run 100m.

Considering its a fully equipped soldier, that seems pretty realistic to me."

Are you kidding me? 18secs to run a 100m dash.... noway with full gear/boots uneven terrain grass ect. And after being in contact/battle or even hours of walking before... I guess a ACE2 port to DR isnt going to fly...

Yeah, 20 km/h seems a bit fast for someone loaded down. It is in the low range of average human running speeds, though.

OFP: DR - 5.0 user rating (311 votes)

Arma2 - 7.7 user rating (222 votes)

And Arma has the kinds of glitches that make people go absolutely hysterical and throw off averages with a slew of zeroes.

The biggest failing with Arma2 is that they didn't do open beta testing before release, the game is so vast that a few people could never test all the possible combinations that could occur with something this large.

AGAIN,

I say this to any game released. I feel there should be an agency that monitors and tests games before there released. Sort of a professional quality control if you will. Someone who does not work for the game companies with a biias view should test these games and they should not allowed to be released if they fail this testing. I think its about time something like this happens because lets face it, these companies are playing whatever game they want with the consumer and it needs to stop.

THERE IS TOO MUCH MONEY INVOLVED IN VIDEO GAMES NOW! IT SHOULD BE CONTROLLED.

AGAIN,

I say this to any game released. I feel there should be an agency that monitors and tests games before there released. Sort of a professional quality control if you will. Someone who does not work for the game companies with a biias view should test these games and they should not allowed to be released if they fail this testing. I think its about time something like this happens because lets face it, these companies are playing whatever game they want with the consumer and it needs to stop.

Controlled, why? If it can be proved that a company was blatantly lying about the capabilities of its product, then that company should be guilty of violating various consumer protection laws.

Companies are churning out crap because crap sells. How else can you explain the continuing career of Michael Bay? The most likely scenario is that Codemasters dumbed down OFPDR because they thought that the market for a pure mil-sim wasn't large enough. Mil-sims are a niche market for any number of reasons, including their difficult learning curve and their unpredictable gameplay. Personally, I think most casual gamers want pretty graphics and immediate/simple fun, so that's what most mainstream games offer. There will always be a huge market for casual fun, whether it's in the form of stupid games or stupid movies or something else that's stupid. I don't see why we need an "impartial" regulatory agency to monitor games. Just support the rare studios that do produce expansive and immersive games like ARMA2.

Edited by Sertorius21

AGAIN,

IMHO this is pure nonsense and moreover impossible to implement.

Just support the rare studios that do produce expansive and immersive games like ARMA2.

Exactly.

You do realize that video game studios are in business to make money and not to pander to your gaming needs, right? You know that studios only pander to gamers' needs because gamers give them money, right? If you want a studio to pander to your needs, then Sertorius is exactly right, support it!

It seems to me that there is not enough money involved in video games (especially PC games), otherwise there would be more companies competing against each other and increasing game quality to attract customers.

-Student Pilot

Originally Posted by Sertorius21 View Post

Just support the rare studios that do produce expansive and immersive games like ARMA2.

more than expansive it is expensive because you have to buy a new whole computer to (barely) play it :bounce3:

leaning is there , but not implemented in the game , i think they're going to adress it in the next patch

Yah so is a free Big Mac and fries, just not implemented yet.

I've been playing A2 all night with 3 friends, all with different hardware configs. No problems here. Guess it's your PC :p

/yawn

Eth

Edited by BangTail

@william1 : The same could be said about most games with the more advanced texture maps such as parallax, normal and specular as well as high polygons and a very wide environment plus advanced shaders.

more than expansive it is expensive because you have to buy a new whole computer to (barely) play it :bounce3:

My specs (see sig) are running arma 2 as well as I would want it to run as with arma1 (but a little less AI at once) and better with 1.04 and new nvidia driver, and my system initially was purchased end of 2007 and graphics cards over a year ago.

Anything maybe a year before this I would expect to upgrade for to play in 2009.

Edited by mrcash2009

E7300

9800GT

4GB Ram

Good performance

But this isn't an Arma performance thread so if you have issues, goto the performance thread.

AGAIN,

So who pays for it? Please, think first; post later.

"grasping at straws, also clutching at straws

1. trying to find some way to succeed when nothing you choose is likely to work;

2. trying to find reasons to feel hopeful about a bad situation."

Edited by JdB

AGAIN,

LOL this is hysterical. You want an agency to monitor and test games, before they are launched, and in the same post, complain that they are too expensive. Who pays for this so called "agency"?

Everybody is a victim of somebody else, and nobody wants to take responsibility for their own actions. They don't want to be told something, then if something goes wrong, they complain that they weren't told not to buy it.

Why should anybody put a regulation committee together, for free, to protect you from yourself. Brilliant.

Bought it on the day of release, playd it 2-3 hours and went back to Arma2... cd is back in its cover and on my desk looking at me.

Edited by cri74

There was talk of a EU commissioner wanting to implimemt a law that required software developers & publishers to ensure that products are "finished and error/fault free". This never took off the ground because it was proved that by forcing companies to undergo the months of extra testing that many companies would either go out of business or only release "safe" options. In other words, it would have killed the gaming industry, and all we would eventually have been left with is basically, EA. It was also proved that patches and updates are more than adequate to address problems that arise when the product is released into the wild.

Back on topic. DR....lol.

Edited by Bascule42
an errant comma

I was just looking at the cd cover this evening and it something like dedicated server recommended for Multiplayer games with more than 8 players so if they are shipping with this written on the cover WTF. then last night while playing I just could not hold myself together when I held back as a sniper and then got caught with the 225 metre tether what f###n sort of sniper gets to within 225 mtrs of a firefight.