Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

from other side DR AI is totally poor soldiers when it comes to fire

i laugh when i read about "almighty trees" , rubber vehicles, stuck behind smallest rock, other issues that community laugh (yes, one post was about vehicle that stopped before small rock, couldn't to drive around and ... shame)

Maybe they ported the driving model straight from "Colin McRae rally" ?

:D

Here's a question: Do you think CM know they released a halfassed game to scavenge as much money from OFP fans as they can or that they are so deluded they actually believe DR is a worthy sequel? Everytime I was watching that PR guy talking about DR I was like "This guy is either stupid, full of sh*t or f*cking nuts!" (George Carlin's quote). Super realistic, ultra hardcore, advanced AI, large landscape never before seen in a game, everything in the game world is interactive (like the doors.. and uh.. the doors), great physics, superb weather and time of day effects.. I could just as well listen to a catholic priest telling me a daily $$$ contribution will grant me a place in heaven and would feel exactly the same.

It already has it seems....

I went around 8 or 9 different game stores, as well as a couple of big department stores in Orlando this week, AND the game stores in the airports at either end (Heathrow and Orlando) and I found the sum total of 9 copies of dragon rising. 7 of which (along with the HUGE strategy guide - how the fuck they fill that thing up without using size 50 font I dont know) were in HMV in heathrow airport. The rest were all on the bottom shelf in the back corner of 2 game stops. Single copies, tucked away in the corner....

Tells you something...

how many copies of Arma2, did you see? 1 or 2 ? :p

catholic priest telling me a daily $$$ contribution will grant me a place in heaven and would feel exactly the same.

heh

i live in catholic society and it is even worst "sex hurt" "sex is bad" "sex is sin and if you wanna sleep with girl, you hurt and harm her" "no pleasure in life, suffer for jesus" "we can forgive stealing but not condom" etc.

i met few girls who were saying "if man wants sex before married, he wants to hurt my love to god"

the best was my priest from elementary school "when you wash yourself (take bath), do not look down, cause there is a temple of evil there"

or "how we can belive in words of someone who is not catholic, this book (was discussion about movie or book) is full of lies cause was written by non-catholic" - i will remember that idiot for whole my life and he made me who i am (death-black metal music, atheism)

but apart from all this ***

PR man from CM is liar, as many PR men are liars

if there is a hell, PR workers will be there along with criminals only pedophiles are worse than PR man from some companies ;)

Edited by vilas

heh

i live in catholic society and it is even worst "sex hurt" "sex is bad" "sex is sin and if you wanna sleep with girl, you hurt and harm her" "no pleasure in life, suffer for jesus" "we can forgive stealing but not condom" etc.

i met few girls who were saying "if man wants sex before married, he wants to hurt my love to god"

the best was my priest from elementary school "when you wash yourself (take bath), do not look down, cause there is a temple of evil there"

or "how we can belive in words of someone who is not catholic, this book (was discussion about movie or book) is full of lies cause was written by non-catholic" - i will remember that idiot for whole my life and he made me who i am (death-black metal music, atheism)

but apart from all this ***

PR man from CM is liar, as many PR men are liars

if there is a hell, PR workers will be there along with criminals only pedophiles are worse than PR man from some companies ;)

Damn, I knew the "god-delusion" situation in Poland was bad... but I didn't know it was that bad.. It's like a dark age :)

And back o topic: Why do they lie so obviously? Everybody lies (I'm late cause I got stuck in a traffic, my dog ate my homework, my alarm clock is broken, etc...) and that doesn't mean anything and it doesn't hurt anybody.. but in this case you can actually shove their words into their faces and say "What the f*ck man, what were you talking about?! Certainly not about a game I bought!"

I wonder what he says when he comes home. "Hey honey, how was your day? My bullsh*t convinced yet another thousand people to buy the crap my mates were pretending to work on, yay! Let's celebrate!" Yes, he should and he should be proud..

I wonder what he says when he comes home. "Hey honey, how was your day? My bullsh*t convinced yet another thousand people to buy the crap my mates were pretending to work on, yay! Let's celebrate!" Yes, he should and he should be proud..

Frankly, given the statement that he made after the release praising how the game turned out, that wouldn't surprise me. Meanwhile their forums were being flooded with negativity.

"when you wash yourself (take bath), do not look down, cause there is a temple of evil there"

Haha, dont you even look at the temple of evil rofl :D .

Hi all

The amusing thing for me is that like three other titles that CM whored their brand with, DR is another failure. They are loosing money hand over fist and are now a takeover target.

http://play.tm/news/25281/warner-bros-eying-codemasters-take-over/

They are also hemorrhaging staff making them less attractive.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/18/codemaster-coo-jumps-ship/

They are so desperate there is talk of them selling titles to stay afloat.

CM's failure to properly manage the quality of their brands is famed in the industry.

http://www.bruceongames.com/2008/03/21/codemasters-disasters-4-managing-brands/

If the Warner Brothers take over is not going to take place they may have to ask for less money and seek another buyer.

BIS could even buy them :D

Kind Regards Walker

Edited by walker

With this and the fact that Disney snapped up Marvel, looks like WB and Disney will soon own the world once again.

http://uk.guides.ign.com/guides/901429/page_4.html

oooooo gooood

i read only this forum, but when i wrote this ... i cannot believe such bulls*** are "realism" "military"

just read this , some things are.... cannot say what kind of sh***

everything repairs at checkpoint (health), kill your teammates to take weapons cause AI have endless ammo etc.

and this is also "funny"

Sion Lenton: We've got a great team and they're all very talented and they're actually working now on stuff we never got to fully prototype, etc. It's a really nice phase at the minute, working through some of the features we didn't get in the first title

from players on CM it seems that many features shown on screens/videos were not added to released version

Edited by vilas

DR Ai is not bad at shooting any more , there is one mod that fixed it, now it is tactical, and it is accurate

Guest RKSL-Rock

I've been trying to play it for the last 3 days or so and I just cant seem to get into it. I like parts of the interface, and some of the artwork but it just reminds me of BF2. I know people have criticised others for saying that but I cant help it. I just get a BF2 vibe off it.

But like DM i've noticed it in some stores in the UK and apart from Asda, its not getting much prominent shelf space despite the TV commercials.

When i was in Oxford street earlier today the manager in the Game store gave a kid the OFP:DR carboard cutout so he could make room for "Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympics" that was a pretty good sales indicator to me. Maybe the new TV campaign will make a difference.

Amusingly, when I noticed it in Asda (huge supermarket chain in the UK) one of their staff saw me looking at it and said "Don't bother mate its shite!". And he hadn't even heard of ArmA1 or 2! He did admit he was PS3 gamer and not PC but even so it made me laugh.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Here's a question: Do you think CM know they released a halfassed game to scavenge as much money from OFP fans as they can or that they are so deluded they actually believe DR is a worthy sequel? Everytime I was watching that PR guy talking about DR I was like "This guy is either stupid, full of sh*t or f*cking nuts!" (George Carlin's quote). Super realistic, ultra hardcore, advanced AI, large landscape never before seen in a game, everything in the game world is interactive (like the doors.. and uh.. the doors), great physics, superb weather and time of day effects.. I could just as well listen to a catholic priest telling me a daily $$$ contribution will grant me a place in heaven and would feel exactly the same.

They had to launch it when they did. New COD coming out in a couple of weeks. They went with what they had, cause after CODMW2 comes out, nobody would buy theirs. Their competiton isn't ARMA2. They springboarded off the name of OFP, but face it. They are more in competition with CODMW2... and that will kill it. Thank god.

I am so happy I did not tailor my next PC system around the release of this game, I thought the specs would be higher cause I was under the impression it was not a console port.

Had plans to pre-order it but my intuition told me to hold on and read reviews and more important these days, forum feedback, so needless to say I doubt I will own it.

Is it just me or has the Codies stickied topic which had all the review scores in vanished?

How in the world do they consider the reviews of their game "Off Topic"?

They suddenly agree with us that review scores don't matter.

Heh. It's on page 29 of the Codies forum now. It apparently got unstickied, no idea why...

This thread should be renamed to "Arma2 fanboys mocking the crap outta OFPDR and making up conspiracy theories about CM and its moderators."

As if ArmA2 was flawless. IMO both games have ups and downs and I wish them success, so that all the problems can be wiped.

Note: Bullets hurt a lot in DR too, and the AI mod makes it really tough.

Edit: ArmA2 and DR have almost identical metascores. Although ArmA2 deserves somewhat higher now after the patches, and propably DR will deserve more after its patches.

Edited by ziiip

This thread should be renamed to "Arma2 fanboys mocking the crap outta OFPDR and making up conspiracy theories about CM and its moderators."

As if ArmA2 was flawless. IMO both games have ups and downs and I wish them success, so that all the problems can be wiped.

Note: Bullets hurt a lot in DR too, and the AI mod makes it really tough.

Edit: ArmA2 and DR have almost identical metascores. Although ArmA2 deserves somewhat higher now after the patches, and propably DR will deserve more after its patches.

Again, ziiip, look at the user scores. DR is at 5.2 and ArmA II is at 7.7. That says more than the official reviews do.

Granted there may be some fanboyish statements made in here, but for the most part we're discussing DR. And due to the nature of what that discussion should be, we discuss the positives as well as the negatives. There just happen to be many more negatives in relation to DR, and that is only the fault of CM themselves. Not once has anyone said ArmA II is flawless, but it's definitely less flawed than DR is.

There is something that's common between a Morris Marina and OFP:DR

1) They both have been developed with huge buget.

2) They both have some sort of "technological advancement"(that doesnt work).

3) They both feels rubbish for what they pretened to be.

4) They both being liked by a "certain group of people"

5) They both being disliked by most people.

Yes, I'm a fanboy of BIS and proud of that statement. I would rather be a fanboy of a high reaching goal that's not finished yet (arma2 Valhalla), than something that claimed to be a high reaching goal, screwed over the customer base, misrepresented the game, the name, the magnitude. I would rather back a game, and company that treats it's customer base and possible customer base, with respect.

Why does BIS have such an aggressive fanbase? Because they earned it.

Codemasters hasn't earned anything. Their prior releases were not supported even after CM promised constant updates and patches. GRID come to mind? That was probably the biggest title since OFP original, and they abandoned it. They have a history of that.

I don't jump on the next flashy title to come out. And from my experience, the more flashy the marketing, the more wary I've become.

Dont forget Colin McRae Rally.... or ANY CM game in the last 6 years. Dirt2 will be great, but will be great for long... So yeah there is some real concern about CM and DR.But being a console game ,maybe the new CM support strategy.