Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

Its gonna be interesting these next few months.

I'm gonna laugh in advance :p

What made Dragon Rising fail would take a total remake to fix ;)

But good luck... you gonna need it :D

I wont dig up any ones histioy as a come back. But there are a few people i could bring up history, including DM.

Oh please do, I'd LOVE to see what nonsense you come up with...

Good idea Wolly, if you guys have a problem with me, pm me.

When i post anything to do with DR, i get the troll police on my back, and even though its entertaining to read, its not needed in this thread.

haha me too buddy, me too :)

I like to feed the trolls, see what they come up with ;)

Maddog, im suprised at you really, the modding community is what keeps arma 2 alive. I wont dig up any ones histioy as a come back. But there are a few people i could bring up history, including DM.

and yes! im very optimistic! Its gonna be interesting these next few months.

/Back on topic

I thought you said you were leaving (again).

It will be an interesting few years for A2 but I'm afraid the day or so of interest where DR was concerned transpired 10 days ago (do try to keep up).

DR is already in the bargain bin and with no dedi (and no just about anything else to attract people), I doubt we'll hear anything more (except from the dedicated DR Fanyboys) until CM announces the 1st DLC.

I doubt many people will be paying for that tbh (that's if they can be bothered to reinstall the turkey).

Eth

Edited by BangTail

DM your infraction is on its way, what dont you understand by PM?

/Back on topic

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

I thought you said you were leaving (again).

It will be an interesting few years for A2 but I'm afraid the day or so of interest where DR was concerned happened 10 days ago (do try to keep up).

DR is already in the bargain bin and with no dedi (and no just about anything else to attract people), I doubt we'll hear anything more (except from the dedicated DR Fanyboys) until CM announces the 1st DLC.

I doubt many people will be paying for that tbh (that's if they can be bothered to reinstall the turkey).

Eth

I said i was leaving, spur of the moment thing, and i said it once.... Anyway, yeah.. cant wait for CM to release dedicated server files! :)

DR will be tons better in a few months! :)

DM your infraction is on its way, what dont you understand by PM?

/Back on topic

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

I said i was leaving, spur of the moment thing, and i said it once.... Anyway, yeah.. cant wait for CM to release dedicated server files! :)

There has been no official mention of a dedi AFAIK (and if one is released, I'm sure it won't be free). Keep making stuff up though, it will make it easier to quote you in a few months although I doubt you'll still you won't be here.

Eth

Edited by BangTail

16-10-2009, 03:33 PM #6

Helios

Community Manager

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just so you all know, the FRAPS recording issue is being addressed in the first PC patch.

Ian 'Helios' Webster

well seems they are fixing the most important issues first lol :)

Maddog, im suprised at you really, the modding community is what keeps arma 2 alive. I wont dig up any ones histioy as a come back. But there are a few people i could bring up history, including DM.

I dont play arma 2 for mods I love the vanilla game not everyone that plays arma 2 comes to this forum looking for mods im not saying I wont be playing some of the big mods coming out.

Flarmapoint

+1 infraction and a week post restriction for ignoring me and playing the moderator.

JW Custom

+1 infraction point for ignoring me.

DM

+1 infraction point for ignoring me.

Seriously guys, just ignore the obvious trolls instead of feeding them. We all know what happens when you don't feed a troll, no? ;)

Edited by W0lle

They would have to be 2 small platoons, or one platoon and one weakened platoon.

A single Marine squad is 13 Marines x 3 = 39 plus a small command element of ~4 guys (platoon leader, platoon sergeant, guide, RTO) = 43 man platoon

That leaves room for 20 bad guys.

Excellent point. So OFPDR apparently can't get us out of squad level combat even.

There has been no official mention of a dedi AFAIK (and if one is released, I'm sure it won't be free). Keep making stuff up though, it will make it easier to quote you in a few months although I doubt you'll still you won't be here.

Eth

Sion Lenton, the executive producer, made a comment on the official forums that there is no dedicated server in development, and he gave no hint that they are considering one.

Edited by weegee_101

Anyway, yeah.. cant wait for CM to release dedicated server files! :)

There are NO PLANS for a dedicated server. NO PLANS.

i.e.

Its not coming.

Dont hold your breath... actually... do.

Just so you all know, the FRAPS recording issue is being addressed in the first PC patch.

well seems they are fixing the most important issues first lol :)

Especially since the latest version of fraps fixes the issue itself :p

Changelog

2.9.99 - 16th Oct 2009

- Fixed flickering video capture in Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

- Fixed 30-bit color captures in Eve Online

- Fixed mouse cursor not being recorded in Conquer Online

- Other minor bug fixes

http://www.fraps.com/news.php

Excellent point. So OFPDR apparently can't get us out of squad level combat even.

Sion Lenton, the executive producer, made a comment on the official forums that there is no dedicated server in development, and he gave no hint that they are considering one.

Yah, so Flarma is making things up again.

No surprise there :rolleyes:

Eth

Especially since the latest version of fraps fixes the issue itself :p

I can confirm that it does. Just made a test video using it. Will upload to YouTube when finished.

Now I can finally start that comparison video. :butbut:

But 1 question: what, then, is going to be a worthy fix that will come with the first patch, if this already fixes it?

Some people, like myself, can't get the new update for FRAPS because our 1 year registration is up. Having the issue fixed by the game is beneficial.

Some people, like myself, can't get the new update for FRAPS because our 1 year registration is up. Having the issue fixed by the game is beneficial.

What are you talking about? When you buy FRAPS you get updates for free forever.

I can confirm that it does. Just made a test video using it. Will upload to YouTube when finished.

Now I can finally start that comparison video. :butbut:

But 1 question: what, then, is going to be a worthy fix that will come with the first patch, if this already fixes it?

AI probably. I've understood it is stated to be high priority and patch should be ready in few days. Yeah, i still wouldn't hold my breath for it as it wouldn't be first patch which can get bit delayed.

What are you talking about? When you buy FRAPS you get updates for free forever.

Indeed, I apparently get them forever too. So far, at least... Can't see anything about a 1 year subscription.

AI probably. I've understood it is stated to be high priority and patch should be ready in few days. Yeah, i still wouldn't hold my breath for it as it wouldn't be first patch which can get bit delayed.

Like the formatting, lol. :D

But yeah, the AI is pretty damn bad, as you'll see in this test video. All I did was play through one of the unlockable missions - Encampment. Some weird AI actions in it...

Anyone have an opinion on is the games soundtrack good?

The menu music sounds like someone is choking/drowning a chinese woman in a tub.

It actually makes me cringe.

Eth

Yes, I really hate their throat singing approach to some of the songs. Apparently it's a traditional form of Chinese singing, but it's sung in the soundtrack by an American family, believe it or not.

Apart from the songs with the ugly throat singing, the rest of the sound track is quite nice. I downloaded it all from that pack they posted on the CM forums. Can't see how it's a soundtrack, though, since none of them are really used in the game...

Anyone have an opinion on is the games soundtrack good?

the music in the first ever cgi trailer was good, other than that it sucks balls.

Seems you're correct, but I still remember something being limited for only 1 year.

Well that was patronizing.

What I was talking about specifically was the multimedia presentation that the AI designer guy did at some games convention.

Most of their 'target renders' were labelled such somewhere in fine print. It's a shame they had such a problem meeting their goals. Maybe the team needs a life coach or something.

Luhgnut;1464823']Wait wait.... in the gaming industry' date=' (as well as most) you have concept video's, where it's taken from the storyboarding sessions done which are big brain-dump sessions where they throw everything they would dream of against the wall and come up with a abstract vision of what they want to create. They take the story boarding and then create the concept video's and material. This is to get everybody sort of moving in the same vision. Some companies, use this phase (which at this point, has little invested in time and money) and secure investors. That's fair. Most games DIE at this point. The decision to develop or not develop is done pretty much at this point. It's not a game, demo, or anything it's conceptualizing.

Once the GO AHEAD is given and a project charter is started, then they start shooting for what came out of the conceptual sessions.

WHERE I HAVE A PROBLEM - Is when developers, then use the concept video as marketing material, and press releases. They are showing you one hand, with the real stuff hidden behind their backs in the other hand. Over time, the forthright developers and publishers, release the real goods they are working on. This is the point the publishers start to take notice. During the concept video's, the publishers are contacted (like pitch men in the movie industry) to test the waters if it is something they would want to publish. They usually really hold out for a final "We want to publish this" until some point in the development phase. There it's still time to find the publisher that wants the game. Development continues with the business guys locking down publishers, the game is in full swing, and the marketing guys get involved.

Now it's one thing to pitch concepts and claims to the publishers, and investors, it's a very different thing to pitch the same stuff to the end user.

In the case of Codemasters, they just spewed forth claim after claim all the way up until launch. Using concept (pre-rendered) video's as fact.

When Arma2 launched, they didn't back off any, they increased their marketing and claims, with interviews with developers etc.... they kept on the marketing pitch they used towards the publishers, but this time they focused on the end users, by posting that stuff on the internet.

The magazine reviewers are about as dumb as a brick most times. They are in the awkward position of having to rate a game, and review a game, MONTHS before release. They are spoon fed, from the developers, and publishers, artwork, statements, interviews etc..... bottom line, they have to sell advertising or they are dead. Where does that advertising dollar come from? The publishers, that have the most to make money on.

So Codemasters, now couldn't go back on their over the top claims they have been feeding people all along. They had to move forward, the magazines are all up to speed. What would happen if they scaled back their marketing and their claims after Arma2 launched? Sales would fizzle. They had to have known they had an inferior product once Arma2 launched, but they were already committed to their vaulted claims.

So it became a money grab. Grab what you can, as quickly as you can, we have investors to pay.

Thus endith today's lesson. God bless.[/quote']

A fishegg

+1 infraction point for the flaming and should you make another post like your last (which I deleted) you go on a week vacation as well.

Botom line is this, Codies now has ALOT of Pissed off gamers on their hands and the ultimate justice will be the backlash they recieve. They will now just be in a constant battle to hord off the mad gamers and bad comments about their STUPID game, They deserve every bit of it too!