Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

Give CM time dude! give them time! damn you're so impatient!

LMFAO Dragon Rising can't be fixed it's a utter failure.

If you play it on a console and dont expect more than just another shooter then you might enjoy it ;)

because Codemasters are modern company and they care about natural environment, so trees must be indestructible

BIS are not ecological so trees are destructable, BIS baaad

OFP2 is continuation of OFP, can't you see it in terrain quality and look ?

:banana:

okay, now seriously:

looking at those vidoes, what i don't like in Arma2 is :

- HDR, sometimes annoying

- friendly fire, i hate it since OFP

by mistake i killed friendly unit (cause it run on my fire line, cause explosion from my HE from tank killed someone and i was ejected from tank and someone took command)

it is pain in the ass, i hate it in Arma, cause friendly fire may appear accidentaly, and should not be such problem for player

but generally looking at "all" - Dragon's Rice sucks, Codemasters should change name from masters to mor*** cause of "all" in this Dr.Rice

Edited by vilas

taking in count the huge difference of fps between arma 2 and DR i don't think DR graphics are that bad, what matters is gameplay , so sacrificing some eye candy for more playability i don't find it such bad idea (unless you have the NASA computer of course)

taking in count the huge difference of fps between arma 2 and DR i don't think DR graphics are that bad, what matters is gameplay , so sacrificing some eye candy for more playability i don't find it such bad idea (unless you have the NASA computer of course)

As far as a simplistic game goes, you'd be right. DR seems to be a purely player-centric experience, two groups of units fighting on the other side of the island to the player probably doesn't make any sense in DR, in that it probably cannot even be done. If ArmA2 limited it's processing to the immediate area, with heavily triggered AI, and indestructible environment, it would perform as well as DR. As there is much more going on in ArmA2, there is a performance hit.

It's a matter of fidelity IMO.

I posted another video, and this is a comparison one.

Operation Flashpoint vs. Arma2 Nighttime Tank Battle Comparisson

I'm sure you'll enjoy.

Fraps can't capture Dragon Rising. Every other frame is blank. The ONLY video capture utility that will work is XFire's in game video/screen capture. I've tried them all and they all glitch. Cept Xfire.

BTW, Squigibo is my brother-in-law.... He's not liked much, pretty intense guy, I use his account on youtube to post.

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

Luhgnut;1464800']I posted another video' date=' and this is a comparison one.

Operation Flashpoint vs. Arma2 Nighttime Tank Battle Comparisson

I'm sure you'll enjoy..

Nice one, like your other videos... to bad you decided not to "show off", it could have looked awesome :)

Like in your other vid of yours: "This is how it's done ArmA2 style..." :)

A buddy purchased this for PC and let me borrow his copy.

I played the first mission and part of the second.

-Movement speed is waaaaaaaaay too slow

-Fatigue system isn't real

-FLIR looked childish

-Tried going outside of the way points and was insta-killed

-PLA looks EXACTLY like my guys

-Head bob is irritating. Is this adjustable? I didn't even bother to look.

-Not being able to move while give commands, wow that was such a great idea :rolleyes:

-Weapons feel useless

-Unlike most, it seems, I don't like the sounds. They sound very Hollywood.

-Just teleported into the different missions. Why are there vehicles in this game? Do they play any larger role later in the campaign?

-Played on the 2nd highest difficulty, but the AI never seemed capable of hitting me. I stood in front of 2 jeeps, in the open, no more than 100m away and waited for over a minute while they fired in every possible location except where I was standing. I lost a team member because a helicopter landed a rocket, or something, on top of him. I was next to the blast and, miraculously, took no damage. Whatever.

-Nothing about the game was fun. It felt like work.

-Weapon selection. In the first mission, I have 2 types of 40mm grenades, and I have to go through a big ordeal to get back to firing bullets. "Press 2 for HE"-reload animation plays, now "Press 2 for HEAP"-reload animation plays, now "Press 2 for bullets". That takes way too long.

+Artillery system is pretty neat

+I'm not a big stickler for graphics. They do their job and the game runs fine with everything maxed out

+The menu music was entertaining

+/- Didn't play with the editor. Really wasn't interested, either.

@Stakex

Most of what BIS advertised as being in game 2 is in ArmA 2. Additionally, the stuff they were playing with but didn't pan out was mentioned by the devs BEFORE they released the game. I can't think of any multimedia presentations made by BIS that clearly list an abundance of ghost-features.

Wait wait.... in the gaming industry, (as well as most) you have concept video's, where it's taken from the storyboarding sessions done which are big brain-dump sessions where they throw everything they would dream of against the wall and come up with a abstract vision of what they want to create. They take the story boarding and then create the concept video's and material. This is to get everybody sort of moving in the same vision. Some companies, use this phase (which at this point, has little invested in time and money) and secure investors. That's fair. Most games DIE at this point. The decision to develop or not develop is done pretty much at this point. It's not a game, demo, or anything it's conceptualizing.

Once the GO AHEAD is given and a project charter is started, then they start shooting for what came out of the conceptual sessions.

WHERE I HAVE A PROBLEM - Is when developers, then use the concept video as marketing material, and press releases. They are showing you one hand, with the real stuff hidden behind their backs in the other hand. Over time, the forthright developers and publishers, release the real goods they are working on. This is the point the publishers start to take notice. During the concept video's, the publishers are contacted (like pitch men in the movie industry) to test the waters if it is something they would want to publish. They usually really hold out for a final "We want to publish this" until some point in the development phase. There it's still time to find the publisher that wants the game. Development continues with the business guys locking down publishers, the game is in full swing, and the marketing guys get involved.

Now it's one thing to pitch concepts and claims to the publishers, and investors, it's a very different thing to pitch the same stuff to the end user.

In the case of Codemasters, they just spewed forth claim after claim all the way up until launch. Using concept (pre-rendered) video's as fact.

When Arma2 launched, they didn't back off any, they increased their marketing and claims, with interviews with developers etc.... they kept on the marketing pitch they used towards the publishers, but this time they focused on the end users, by posting that stuff on the internet.

The magazine reviewers are about as dumb as a brick most times. They are in the awkward position of having to rate a game, and review a game, MONTHS before release. They are spoon fed, from the developers, and publishers, artwork, statements, interviews etc..... bottom line, they have to sell advertising or they are dead. Where does that advertising dollar come from? The publishers, that have the most to make money on.

So Codemasters, now couldn't go back on their over the top claims they have been feeding people all along. They had to move forward, the magazines are all up to speed. What would happen if they scaled back their marketing and their claims after Arma2 launched? Sales would fizzle. They had to have known they had an inferior product once Arma2 launched, but they were already committed to their vaulted claims.

So it became a money grab. Grab what you can, as quickly as you can, we have investors to pay.

Thus endith today's lesson. God bless.

A buddy purchased this for PC and let me borrow his copy.

I played the first mission and part of the second.

-Movement speed is waaaaaaaaay too slow

-Fatigue system isn't real

-FLIR looked childish

-Tried going outside of the way points and was insta-killed

-PLA looks EXACTLY like my guys

-Head bob is irritating. Is this adjustable? I didn't even bother to look.

-Not being able to move while give commands, wow that was such a great idea :rolleyes:

-Weapons feel useless

-Unlike most, it seems, I don't like the sounds. They sound very Hollywood.

-Just teleported into the different missions. Why are there vehicles in this game? Do they play any larger role later in the campaign?

-Played on the 2nd highest difficulty, but the AI never seemed capable of hitting me. I stood in front of 2 jeeps, in the open, no more than 100m away and waited for over a minute while they fired in every possible location except where I was standing. I lost a team member because a helicopter landed a rocket, or something, on top of him. I was next to the blast and, miraculously, took no damage. Whatever.

-Nothing about the game was fun. It felt like work.

-Weapon selection. In the first mission, I have 2 types of 40mm grenades, and I have to go through a big ordeal to get back to firing bullets. "Press 2 for HE"-reload animation plays, now "Press 2 for HEAP"-reload animation plays, now "Press 2 for bullets". That takes way too long.

+Artillery system is pretty neat

+I'm not a big stickler for graphics. They do their job and the game runs fine with everything maxed out

+The menu music was entertaining

+/- Didn't play with the editor. Really wasn't interested, either.

Good post! this is exactly the way i feel, after playing it. There a a lot of things that need tweaking, and its nice to know they are working on it as we speak. :)

Nice one, like your other videos... to bad you decided not to "show off", it could have looked awesome :)

Like in your other vid of yours: "This is how it's done ArmA2 style..." :)

thanks.

I was finishing a mission in the editor for A2 last night and just thought to myself, "I wonder if I really tried to create a real mission in OFP/DR.... seriously give it a chance." So I started, almost instantly I hit the hard-cap for AI entities. Then I said, "Screw it, let's show what it really can do without trying to make it look bad." I couldn't. The AI cap is so tight, you can't do much. You know they have an object in their editor for "Auto-Spawn?" yep. You place it and it will auto spawn. One guy dies, another pops in. Sort of like Left 4 Dead. You can make them come out of nowhere. That's how they do their stuff. Just spawn them in. You can literally make endless waves of enemy spawning from a closet. Furthermore, you even have to set a trigger, they don't call it a trigger, as an AI Danger Alert. You have to tell the AI they are in danger with a trigger.

It's so pathetic when you get in to see what they've done. Also the script generator... open the script and see the comment codes from the developers telling each other where bugs are and how to crash the game.

It's sad.

Flarma I take it you're an optimistic person, eh? ;) Or you haven't had much experience with CM games and their support. If they are not even working on fixing what most people consider a number 1 priority (ie multiplayer), how on earth can we trust them on fixing all the other, less important, game flaws?

Good post! this is exactly the way i feel, after playing it. There a a lot of things that need tweaking, and its nice to know they are working on it as we speak. :)

Are you insane?

Luhgnut;1464835']thanks.

I was finishing a mission in the editor for A2 last night and just thought to myself' date=' "I wonder if I really tried to create a real mission in OFP/DR.... seriously give it a chance." So I started, almost instantly I hit the hard-cap for AI entities. Then I said, "Screw it, let's show what it really can do without trying to make it look bad." I couldn't. The AI cap is so tight, you can't do much. You know they have an object in their editor for "Auto-Spawn?" yep. You place it and it will auto spawn. One guy dies, another pops in. Sort of like Left 4 Dead. You can make them come out of nowhere. That's how they do their stuff. Just spawn them in. You can literally make endless waves of enemy spawning from a closet. Furthermore, you even have to set a trigger, they don't call it a trigger, as an AI Danger Alert. You have to tell the AI they are in danger with a trigger.

It's sad.[/quote']

I hated the way DR editor looks/works so I didn't try to push myself into experimenting with it very hard, but I believe Helios (the guy CM fanbois praise as an allmighty god) said something like "you can assign virtual crews to the vehicles, so one tank with crewman still counts as one enitity". Very cheap, but it may improve the situation a little.

PS: I hate the idea of tanks with virtual crewmen (aka "remote controlled tanks"), but it should do the trick for the vids.

Luhgnut;1464835']It's so pathetic when you get in to see what they've done. Also the script generator... open the script and see the comment codes from the developers telling each other where bugs are and how to crash the game.

Could you post some of these pls? :)

Flarmapoint 2, not trolling?

Let's take a brief look at the past two weeks:

lol wolle,you really are a wolly

some of you do seem rather small minded, maybe even simple minded

Just got a bunch of fanboys upset because im intersted in a game called ofpdr.

just shows are ignorant you are lol

hahaha what a fool, you just embarressed your fan boy mates there lol

just et you know, i havent touched arma 2 for a while, so yes, maybe the dozen patches solved some issues. But still you all will never win this argument. :)

if there isnt any problems with it, and you have proof otherwise, you're just as brain dead as the rest of the trolls in this dragon rising thread

Exactlty, no proof, no brain, no good! i talked only fact, and you guys couldnt handle it, and through a hissy fit.

Well, as once i thought of this community as mature, and smart, i now think of it as troll bound and simple.

i thought id come back to see if any more people were as simple minded as the other trolls i encountered the other day. DM you top the list with your complete bullshit lol, you really dont have a clue do you lol

Truly pathetic lol. If your gonna debunk posts, make sure you have evidence, proof to back your claims, alls you end up looking like a tard in front of your fanboys.

omg! fuck this, im leaving lol. What a bunch of biased cry babies!

Not a DR fanboy? Again, a couple of excerpts:

Arma 2 is bug infested mess

As ofpdr is feature packed, arma 2 is featurless.

All the features that in that list we have seen in all the videos, and im gonna lmao when you guys are eating your words oct6th!

And not to forget that list looks pretty embarrassing now. I rest my case.

Flarmapoint 2, not trolling?

Let's take a brief look at the past two weeks:

Not a DR fanboy? Again, a couple of excerpts:

And not to forget that list looks pretty embarrassing now. I rest my case.

knockout :yay:

God, that Codies forum is like crack, I can't keep away from it, they've even got people cheating on the "Submit a OFPDR video" thread and claiming authorship of videos they haven't even been near, genius.

@Luhgnut: enjoying your vids mate, keep it up, this whole situation just gets funnier and funnier...

I hated the way DR editor looks/works so I didn't try to push myself into experimenting with it very hard, but I believe Helios (the guy CM fanbois praise as an allmighty god) said something like "you can assign virtual crews to the vehicles, so one tank with crewman still counts as one enitity". Very cheap, but it may improve the situation a little.

PS: I hate the idea of tanks with virtual crewmen (aka "remote controlled tanks"), but it should do the trick for the vids.

Could you post some of these pls? :)

No. I thought the same, but when I tried to launch, I just got a white screen. I had to remove a tank from each side until it would go away.

If what he said was true, you disable a tank (which I've never seen on just be disabled.) there isn't any crew to get out. If you want crews to jump out and fight like in Arma2, you have to add the crew. That's 3 per tank. Either way it's a cop-out. So you can drop 32 tanks per side if they had virtual crews. Wow. But 10 if you have real guys in there, which is more realistic. Again, everything done in the game is a cheap cop-out and work around. Let's compare apples to apples. (which is tough). In Warfare Arma2 style. I can have what, 21 guys in my squad (in a warfare game... but I don't know how many you can have as a "cap".) You have 32 players in a game with a server powerful enough to handle it. That's 640 AI on the map at any given time. Have to deduct 32 from 672 to cover the one slot for for each player.

Arma2 - Full Server with 32 Real Players = 640 AI

OFPDR - Full Server with 16 Real Players = 64 AI

Arma2 Players get 21 AI that can be ordered all over the map.

OFPDR Players get 4 that you can't allow out of 275meters.

Now how in the world, can you possibly claim Large Scale Open Warfare, with 4 guys in your squad? Oh sure, it's a big sandbox, but you have to play in this one square foot of it at any given time.

I gotta find what I did in the script editor showing all these why's and where-fors and bugs messages. I stumbled on them making this autospawner thing. Was recreating zombies waves like in Left 4 Dead. Problem is, the Zombies in Left for dead are smarter. Least they attack you.

OFPDR Players get 4 that you can't allow out of 275meters.
I don't think the tether limit applies to AIs

Luhgnut;1464867']Now how in the world' date=' can you possibly claim Large Scale Open Warfare, with 4 guys in your squad? Oh sure, it's a big sandbox, but you have to play in this one square foot of it at any given time.[/quote']

Personally, I'm ok with being in charge of a small fireteam with that AI (its hard enough babysitting 3 AIs), but when I think (and most of us here) of large scale warfare, I'm thinking two companies clashing on the battlefield. The best I've seen in OFPDR is two platoons clashing on the battlefield, which is hardly large scale.

You can get multiple fireteams under you in multiplayer if you're the first fireteam leader, but that still isn't many AI under you.

Hi all

So has DR dropped off the bottom of the chart shelves in your town too?

Already in the Bargain bin here.

Regards walker

I don't think the tether limit applies to AIs

hmmm maybe. But there is no place to send them to. Since I have so few, I would want them close by anyway. I've only been able to join a multiplayer server successfully once. And it was so bad, I just quit.

Given the entries to that video contest on their forum, and the people entering it, it'd be very easy for some of the ArmA II video makers to make a DR video and win. :rolleyes:

Not that the prizes are any great shakes, lol.

Personally, I'm ok with being in charge of a small fireteam with that AI (its hard enough babysitting 3 AIs), but when I think (and most of us here) of large scale warfare, I'm thinking two companies clashing on the battlefield. The best I've seen in OFPDR is two platoons clashing on the battlefield, which is hardly large scale.

You can get multiple fireteams under you in multiplayer if you're the first fireteam leader, but that still isn't many AI under you.

They would have to be 2 small platoons, or one platoon and one weakened platoon.

A single Marine squad is 13 Marines x 3 = 39 plus a small command element of ~4 guys (platoon leader, platoon sergeant, guide, RTO) = 43 man platoon

That leaves room for 20 bad guys.

Ok once again some totally unrelated, flaming and trolling threads deleted.

Seriously this is going the same way than the old thread and you all know what happened with that one, no?

The next one who's flaming regrets it. And once again: This thread is about DR, and to an extend about CM. It is not about the players nor about the CM forums or their moderators. Take your personal stuff to PMs if you feel like it.

Good idea Wolly, if you guys have a problem with me, pm me.

When i post anything to do with DR, i get the troll police on my back, and even though its entertaining to read, its not needed in this thread.

LOL i'm enjoying it :p

haha me too buddy, me too :)

Maddog, im suprised at you really, the modding community is what keeps arma 2 alive. I wont dig up any ones histioy as a come back. But there are a few people i could bring up history, including DM.

and yes! im very optimistic! Its gonna be interesting these next few months.

/Back on topic