Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

Proven to NOT be in dragon rising.

I had a Humvee-mounted M2 jam one me once. All I had to do was hit the reload key and it was magically fixed in a blink of an eye.

A few weapons have different modes, but I'm not really seeing much option here.

As far as I know they got the QBZ wrong. The regular, most common variant doesn't feature burst option, only semi and full auto.

Plus many guns have their rate of fire way off.

since evrything in that list except maybe one or two things are in the game

And all these things that are in the game from that list would be?

I did find this amusing, since evrything in that list except maybe one or two things are in the game, and seeing as that list was made pretty much of the top of my head from what i saw in interviews, that aint bad! btw weapon Jam is in.... happened to me quite a few times

Are you even playing the same game as I am? Reading the same list? Are you high?!?! Are you that blindly devoted that flipping your jeep 20m into the air ISNT a bug/an awful implementation of a physics engine?

Also, how do you clear the weapon jams then? Since there isnt a button mappable in the options to do so?

Edit:

Edit: omg! fuck this, im leaving lol. What a bunch of biased cry babies!

im not talking about everyone on this forum btw, anywaz, im out!

Isnt this like the 3rd time you've claimed to be leaving, just to come back? Make your mind up...

Edited by DM

Are you even playing the same game as I am? Reading the same list? Are you high?!?! Are you that blindly devoted that flipping your jeep 20m into the air ISNT a bug/an awful implementation of a physics engine?

Also, how do you clear the weapon jams then? Since there isnt a button mappable in the options to do so?

hahaha is that your reply? :rolleyes:

Patches my freind, patches. Besides, isnt that somthing your use to with arma?

Give the game a chance! Let CM atleast try and fix the problems dude!

hahaha is that your reply?

It would seem that way, wouldnt it.

Its also interesting that instead of addressing the points - what from that list IS in dr, you just gloss over it. Convenient, isnt it...

Yes, I'm very used to BI supporting their products for a LONG time.

I'm NOT used to codemasters supporting their products beyond one patch. Hell, according to the devs themselves they're super happy with how dr is, so I cant really see them making massive changes to the physics, the rendering, the lod switching, the muddy textures or anything. They arent even providing dedicated servers (also confirmed)

That does not suggest to me that they will be supporting this game very long. I would expect the first round of DLC to tank, and then the accountants at codemasters will shit-can dr, in favour of the newest game they can sell instead.

CM are full of blatent lies and bullshit. I have no faith that they will produce anything of better consistancy than a turd for a patch.

hahaha is that your reply? :rolleyes:

Give the game a chance! Let CM atleast try and fix the problems dude!

Perhaps three of those problems are fixable by patches. The rest are deep-seated design issues that are too complex to fiddle with, or gameplay elements that developers rarely change after the fact. DR is not going to improve much, at least by our standards.

It would seem that way, wouldnt it.

Its also interesting that instead of addressing the points - what from that list IS in dr, you just gloss over it. Convenient, isnt it...

You're very contradictive, maybe you dont realise it... The game has been out 1 week, and you judge CM's dedication to support the game.

There a issues, yes! will these issues be addressed? Yes!

In regards to the dedicated server support, can you please provide the link of its confirmation?

The game has been out 1 week, and you judge CM's dedication to support the game.

Of course we judge it. Have you seen CM's support for their other games? You will be LUCKY if there's more than one half-assed patch for DR.

Of course we judge it. Have you seen CM's support for their other games? You will be LUCKY if there's more than one half-assed patch for DR.

Lets wait and see! :)

You're very contradictive, maybe you dont realise it... The game has been out 1 week, and you judge CM's dedication to support the game.

BI has a history of releasing AT LEAST 8 or 9 patches per game. Codmasters has a reputation for releasing 1, maybe 2 patches, then moving on.

There a issues, yes! will these issues be addressed? Yes!

They are apparently developing a patch. What issues get fixed in this, is hard to say (since they're not saying anything). Its safe to assume, however, that since they were unable to perfect the rendering, the physics, the ballistics during 2+ years of dev, they wont fix it in another 120 hours of patch time.

In regards to the dedicated server support, can you please provide the link of its confirmation?

Codemasters forum link

Dedicated servers you say?

<snip>

I hear the calls but cannot promise anything at this stage, its not under development right now

If its not under dev now, MP is going to be dead within the month (performance is only getting better at the moment because so many players are giving up and not bothering. Less players = less load = better performance), so why bother developing it later?

Edit: You also still havent answered the question. Of that list of "facts" of yours, what actually IS in the game in any sort of half decent way? (Aside from the stuff which I have already admitted is there)

Edited by DM

BI has a history of releasing AT LEAST 8 or 9 patches per game. Codmasters has a reputation for releasing 1, maybe 2 patches, then moving on.

They are apparently developing a patch. What issues get fixed in this, is hard to say (since they're not saying anything). Its safe to assume, however, that since they were unable to perfect the rendering, the physics, the ballistics during 2+ years of dev, they wont fix it in another 120 hours of patch time.

Codemasters forum link

If its not under dev now, MP is going to be dead within the month (performance is only getting better at the moment because so many players are giving up and not bothering. Less players = less load = better performance), so why bother developing it later?

Thanks for the link, that is very dissapointing, atleast they havent totaly dissmissed the possibilty. But still, who ever decided to advertise dedicated sever support on the game case, needs to be shot! :D

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

Edit: You also still havent answered the question. Of that list of "facts" of yours, what actually IS in the game in any sort of half decent way? (Aside from the stuff which I have already admitted is there)

No DM, you're not providing a good argument, you're basically saying "yes, you are right, those features you mentioned are in the game... BUT!"

Like i said, there are issues, they will be addressed. :)

No DM, you're not providing a good argument, you're basically saying "yes, you are right, those features you mentioned are in the game... BUT!"

I fail to see how my argument is not good? The physics are shit, the ballistics are shit, the graphics are dated. How is this going to be fixed by a 120-hour (as admitted by the senior guy in that linked post) patch?

YOU are the one thats failing to provide answers or proof.

I've shot plenty of rounds from all the weapons via the editor and not recieved a single jam.

I've not been able to shhot people through the (open!) back of a vehicle - as have many others.

I've flipped jeeps at 20km/h because I hit a rock the size of my fist.

I've had dragster races in my M1A1 which accellerates from 0-60 in 3 seconds.

I've seen the moon not move for hours on end, and the game just magically switch to daylight (not that night time is actually DARK...)

I've tried to use the laser, bipod, ladder sights and other attachements on my weapons, but not been able to.

How does ANY of this count as good features?

Like the rest of us said. Codemasters has a reputation for delivering ONE half-assed patch, then moving on.

We've all proved you wrong once already. Lets not make it twice, eh?

Edited by DM

You agree! Finally you admit! ;)

Hey Flarmapoint,

You'll have to forgive some of us over here (me included most of the time), as we have a pointed issue, I'm certain you're aware of, with CM cashing in on the OFP name with this backsliding port of a game. BIS has built trust in support, not often seen in this industry. I'm hoping this becomes a challenge to CM, that they may patch the hell out of DR, and give the community what it needs to survive. I'm not holding my breath, as the bean-counters hold a higher paygrade then the guys that care about building the strength of the customer base. CM are notorious for using paying customers as common asswipe material. Hope they change their ways, as this would alter the downward slippery slope this industry is falling into.

cheers

Hey DM, isn't it 120 hours of having the game on market (to his time of post)? That is, having feedback to go off of? I may be misunderstanding it though. :o

Edited by Scrub

...got it, install it, try it, F4, and that's it!

Only plus is constant 124 FPS on high video settings, AA and AF max :).

Then...fired up ArmA2 and it was like - 'OMG i can see!, there are colors, textures, ambient, lightning...allthough with 30+ FPS but who cares i'm alive :)

You agree! Finally you admit! ;)

I admit to fucking my quote up. Now go back and read it again.

Thanks for the link, that is very dissapointing, atleast they havent totaly dissmissed the possibilty. But still, who ever decided to advertise dedicated sever support on the game case, needs to be shot! :D

"Cannot promise anything and its not under development right now" sounds just like a nicer way of saying "no" TBH. Face it, the game was made for consoles with PC as an afterthought. I'd be very, very surprised if CM fixed any of the big flaws in the game in future patches.

Hey Flarmapoint,

You'll have to forgive some of us over here (me included most of the time), as we have a pointed issue, I'm certain you're aware of, with CM cashing in on the OFP name with this backsliding port of a game. BIS has built trust in support, not often seen in this industry. I'm hoping this becomes a challenge to CM, that they may patch the hell out of DR, and give the community what it needs to survive. I'm not holding my breath, as the bean-counters hold a higher paygrade then the guys that care about building the strength of the customer base. CM are notorious for using paying customers as common asswipe material. Hope they change their ways, as this would alter the downward slippery slope this industry is falling into.

cheers

I agree, it was foolish of CM to take the game name away from bis, and ive said before, im not taking sides, if i see something retarded, untrue, basically anything! I will say somthing about it.

CM knows what the community want, it would be Suicidal of them not to oblige to their fans requests.

if i see something retarded, untrue, basically anything! I will say somthing about it.

How does that reflect on pretty much all of your posts in this and the previous dr thread then?

CM knows what the community want, it would be Suicidal of them not to oblige to their fans requests.

And the same can be said for ALL of their other titles which they failed to support.

You dont seem to get that they've made the sales. Free patches earns them nothing, so they will move on to the next game. As they have done over and over in the past. Why is that so hard to understand?

Also, considering the vast majority of the fans have either rage quit or are up in arms over the shoddy quality of dr, I hardly think not bothering to patch is going to make things any worse than they already are.

Edit to add:

Hey DM, isn't it 120 hours of having the game on market (to his time of post)? That is, having feedback to go off of? I may be misunderstanding it though.

As I read it, it says

we have been dealing with issues [but] other things have been top priority over the last 120 hours [of development].

At least, thats how I understand it.

Edited by DM

and ive said before, im not taking sides, if i see something retarded, untrue, basically anything! I will say somthing about it.

Damn, you now owe me one brand new irony meter.

I fail to see how my argument is not good? The physics are shit, the ballistics are shit, the graphics are dated. How is this going to be fixed by a 120-hour (as admitted by the senior guy in that linked post) patch?

YOU are the one thats failing to provide answers or proof.

I've shot plenty of rounds from all the weapons via the editor and not recieved a single jam.

I've not been able to shhot people through the (open!) back of a vehicle - as have many others.

I've flipped jeeps at 20km/h because I hit a rock the size of my fist.

I've had dragster races in my M1A1 which accellerates from 0-60 in 3 seconds.

I've seen the moon not move for hours on end, and the game just magically switch to daylight (not that night time is actually DARK...)

I've tried to use the laser, bipod, ladder sights and other attachements on my weapons, but not been able to.

How does ANY of this count as good features?

Like the rest of us said. Codemasters has a reputation for delivering ONE half-assed patch, then moving on.

We've all proved you wrong once already. Lets not make it twice, eh?

No DM, you're failing to see my point, i made a quick list of features for which information was gathered from interviews.

Ive already mentioned that issues will be addressed, lets not got for a 50th time eh?

Give CM time dude! give them time! damn you're so impatient! The game is so new on the market, CM are still suffering from a hangover from the celbratory/victory party of the games gold status completion! lol :D

Ive already mentioned that issues will be addressed, lets not got for a 50th time eh?

All of them? Do you have proof?

I agree, it was foolish of CM to take the game name away from bis, and ive said before, im not taking sides, if i see something retarded, untrue, basically anything! I will say somthing about it.

You do seem quite balanced.

This back and forth with DM would be settled with some ingame Youtube vid backing up statements.

Indeed.

Many of their other games don't have an established (read: psychotically devoted) playerbase, so it has little effect. Blowing this one like they did to 'Damnation' would have catastrophic word of mouth consequences for the whole company.

Damn, you now owe me one brand new irony meter.

Im the kinda guy who will give people chances, i never take sides, and if who ever fails to deliver a good product, and then fails to fix it afterwards, i can then, and only then, call their product crap! ;)

No irony sir! I can assure you! :)

I think his point was that its ironic that you say youll point out things that are retarded or untrue, when the majority of your posts can be summarised by those same two words.