Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Dragon Rising has been released

As for: 9 hours to walk across Skira

Given how damn slow you move on foot in DR I can believe this.

The talk of lawsuits and involvement of advertising standards agencies makes me lol: It's just a damn game, why are they so butthurt about it being crap?

They should take a leaf out of our community and harden the f*** up when they find out the game they pinned their hopes on doesn't turn out to be as great as they'd hoped.

Monkey, please be quiet. The game is just as great as we hoped, the only problem is that it's more glitchy than we hoped, and even though that is the case they are already working on the first patch for it. Agreed those sueing for dedicated servers are too whiny though: If they don't like the game ask for a refund.

And I will just say this about the game being crap.

ArmA II Metacritic Score: 77.

OFP2:DR Metacritic Score: 81.

That is all.

Edited by GunGraveTZA

The talk of lawsuits and involvement of advertising standards agencies makes me lol: It's just a damn game, why are they so butthurt about it being crap?

They should take a leaf out of our community and harden the f*** up when they find out the game they pinned their hopes on doesn't turn out to be as great as they'd hoped.

Yep, I can imagine a Judge spacing out while trying to understand the intricacies of 'Free Roaming'.

Still, Cm has got to reap what they sowed -an overhyped, under-delivering product that was built on a card house of misleading pretense and broken promises. That is the payoff when you decide to sell out your base to try and recover capitol invested. They only have themselves to blame.

That is all.

Far Cry 2 Metacritic Score: 85.

Any more pointless numbers to post?

Yeah, and look at the user score for DR: 6.2.

ArmA II's is 7.7.

Says a lot indeed. :rolleyes:

Far Cry 2 Metacritic Score: 85.

Completely fair score for a great game. :)

And I just found this quote very funny.

Luhgnut]On the other hand CM is a one trick pony. They'll just go make another driving game.

You call CM a one trick pony, right? Well, this is what I find funny.

Bohemia's most recent mil sim was about 4 years ago, and CM's most recent mil sim was some expansions to OF 1 about 7 years ago. They have only been working on racing games since then...

And yet they still get get better reviews than ArmA II, even though Bohemia have MORE experiance with the genre and have (arguably) better staff. :p

Edit: Zipper, I'm looking at a user score of 8.7. :)

Bohemia's most recent mil sim was about 4 years ago

Uh, what? ArmA II was released this year...

Edit: You're not looking at the PC version then. The one that, at the end of the day, matters the most for that game.

Completely fair score for a great game. :)

Great game?

Maybe the first few minutes.

Then the gameplay gets repetitive as hell.

Respawning checkpoints every 10 meters make sure of that.

They have only been working on racing games since then...

And yet they manage to mess up the driving sooo bad :(

Zipper I meant BEFORE ArmA II came out.

Deadfast, if the gameplay is repetitive that doesn't matter if the core gameplay is great fun (which it is). :)

But yeah agreed about the driving. :p

Well, of course DR is going to get better reviews. You only have to look at the advertising bombardment for it on all the different gaming websites to see that CM has friends in high up places.

Doesn't make it the better game. Not by far.

Also, you haven't said anything about me voiding your original point. What matters is what the fans think of the game, as they are the ones who will keep it alive. Not some random reviewer, who half the time has benefited from giving a game a high score in some way or another.

Monkey, please be quiet. The game is just as great as we hoped, the only problem is that it's more glitchy than we hoped, and even though that is the case they are already working on the first patch for it. Agreed those sueing for dedicated servers are too whiny though: If they don't like the game ask for a refund.

That is all.

Metacritic has no value, so stop spamming useless numbers.

Hookay, Hey GunGrave: Why are you comparing these two games? This is like comparing orange juice to an orange pop. Drink one all day, and you are healthier, feel better, and are more alert. Drink the other, and while to some it may taste better, and have a bit o' fizz, but after a while, it gets your stomach upset, decays your teeth, gives you a sugar crash. One takes more effort (gathering oranges and juicing them) and is worth it, one is easy and accessible.. My take of course.

Edited by Scrub

And Fallout3 was slightly smaller then Oblivion. (Though i am not sure if they counted the countless Dunguons in Oblivion with that, cause noone explored all of them anyway :p )

But is Morrowind (which was bigger than Oblivion), Oblivion or Fallout relevant as only part of cells were loaded? I think 9 cells were loaded into memory at one time and from rest just landscape and cities (ruins too) were visible... Not sure about forests.

Now. If we start to talk about HUGE games, should we bring Elite up from days when pentiums weren't even thought of. It's so old that i don't remember was it Amiga 500 with which i played it. You had whole universe in one 0.7 Mb floppy disk. Or Arena (first RPG from Bethesda), but compared to Elite Arena is miny-tiny.

Buuut i don't care. OFP already had large enough islands, i could have settled for much smaller but for guys liking planes those would have been bit too small. Overall it's like with c0ckz: size is overvalued, ladies likes how one uses them... That is what they tell me.

Edited by Second

As for: 9 hours to walk across Skira, or 25 minutes to fly, or 2 hours to drive: My a$$, I crossed Skira in an AH-6 in around 10 minutes (and I was pretty slow because of the horrible, totally f*cked up controls). Then the same in an LAV in around 40 minutes, with a bunch of detours to look around. Just another blatant lie/exaggeration from CMs marketing, obviously the only department doing a decent job.

Maybe that figure is how long it takes to fly around the perimeter...

Edited by echo1

gunneralbumsrealfemalegj.jpg

Jesus christ people, obey the unwritten internet rules.

Zipper, if you care to notice every single person who has reviewed OFP2 is a fan of ArmA II, so they'll obviously vote ArmA better.

And Scrub great metaphor. :)

The game was just as fun as the BF2 community hoped. Not the òriginal OFP community i take it?

If you cant lean, drive through or shoot trees, be 3 feet tall and skip running like Cartman, no freelook, no TIR, having an island that looks horrid and all of the rest of the junk - then it surely cant be a hit to original OFP lovers? If i would have my hopes up for OFP2 (wich i never had) i would have felt extremely ar*e f**ked.

I can understand it gets great ratings though - all those shooters always appealed to the masses. Nothing new.

Operation Arrowhead - now thats an operation to look forward to. :D

Zipper, if you care to notice every single fan of the game happens to be a fan of ArmA II too, so they'll obviously vote ArmA better.

Sorry, I don't really understand what you mean?

I've seen maybe 5 people who are "fans" (for the moment) of DR that are fans of ArmA II. The DR fanbase is made up of three people: people who hated ArmA II, people who have never played/heard of ArmA II and people who only play on consoles.

Edit: Ah, now you make sense.

Still, you're wrong. The guy from PC Zone disliked OFP and appeared to have never played ArmA or ArmA II. So there's one review giving it an outrageously high score from someone who's not a fan of ArmA II.

Edited by Zipper5

Yeah ive played the game, and its great. Definetly worth buying.

Edited by Flarmapoint 2
fanboys crying

Zipper, if you care to notice every single person who has reviewed OFP2 is a fan of ArmA II, so they'll obviously vote ArmA better.

And Scrub great metaphor. :)

ugh... go hang out in the CM/PC forums... I ASSURE you, nobody in there is truly an Arma2 Fan. But man, they sound like they are getting the torches and pitch forks ready to march on the castle.

The post above this is surely to be whacked by Wollie due to the oversized (meaningless) graphics.

Edited by [RIP] Luhgnut

Dragon Risings graphics are just epic! and the game is so intence, Love the game! :)

Took these two pics the other night while playing a spec ops mission

Care to enlighten us? What exactly is epic in those pictures? Must be well hidden, because I just don't see it.

Dragon Risings graphics are just epic! and the game is so intence, Love the game! :)

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx229/OFDRpicCentre/land7.jpg

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx229/OFDRpicCentre/land2.jpg

Since when is night blue, and almost as clear as day? And since when has the moon been as bright as the sun, but seemingly projecting dark blue light instead?

They certainly are epic. They're hollywood-esque. :butbut:

Edit: Wait, no, even hollywood don't make it look so stupid.

Edited by Zipper5

[i.MG]http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx229/OFDRpicCentre/land7.jpg[/img]

[i.MG]http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx229/OFDRpicCentre/land2.jpg[/img]

Well if that's supposed to look like a night then I'll eat my own socks :3 Ahem..

Luhgnut;1464062']

The post above this is surely to be whacked by Wollie due to the oversized (meaningless) graphics.

meh... some people are just....

Thought id post these pics because they are so nice...