Sign in to follow this  
SoldierIsNotHistory

TankFCS & Ballistic (ballisticsComputer)

Hi all,

We (FAFw) are working on a real TankFCS for ArmA 2, and some times ago, one of our military advisor has reported to me that is possible to compute a ballistic correction to canon before firing, while you have a target in your sight. This can be done by holding right mouse button. I never succeed in having the same effect, but i am pretty sure it's (or will be) possible. Maybe this functionality is not already functional, and will be activated in patch or future expansion, or maybe you need a special mapping command, or a TrackIr, I don't know.

But, when i take a look on config.cpp, i see a new config parameter who seems to be the explanation:

ballisticsComputer = 0;

or

ballisticsComputer = 1;

So, either i am such a noob to use it, or this functionality is not supported for now (future BI impletation).

Cheers,

SoldierIsNotHistory

Hi there, we (CASP @ DevHeaven.net) already continue development of a FCS based on NWDs previous work for the M1A1, right now we converted all to Arma2 ramnifications and proceeded to add other sweet things to it ..

The original system was already able to compute lead and elevation depending on result of laser ranging ... worked quite nice in A1 .. for A2 we need/needed to convert all to new A2 display paradigm and we need to adapt the ballistics tables to the slightly different ammo in A2 ..

The BCS in A2 seems not finished yet, same with stabilization... thats whats in already.. maybe thats what your friend meant .. with rightmouseclick you 'stabilize' your barrel on the selected target.. not very clean solution for 'stabilization' ... ;)

SINH launch Skype and ask the experts in the CASP channel you are part of after all. :)

It means that you have an idea about ballisticsComputer parameter, and how we can use it :D?

PS: i will launch skype this evening

Edited by SoldierIsNotHistory

SINH launch Skype and ask the experts in the CASP channel you are part of after all. :)

Indeed, and Vigilante is making huge steps forward if I understood a quarter of what he described :)