Sign in to follow this  
gachopin

h-53e pack released

Hi all :)

I released "h-53e pack" v1.3.

This include update version of my MH53E for ARMA.

h53epack_arma2.jpg

Download

------------------------------------------------

2009.10.6(h-53e pack for ARMA2)

version 1.3

- new textures by soldier2390

- add refuelprobe by soldier2390

- add side gunner to gac_usn_mh53e

- add side/tail gunner to usaf_hh53e/gac_usmc_mh53e

- sound filesize reduced

- changed hitpoint LOD/firegeometry LOD

version 1.2(MH53E addon for ARMA2)

- Using Environment Map Texture from ARMA2

- Changed classname/VehicleClass

- Changed geometryLOD "heavier"

- Fixed main rotor position more correctly

- Changed main rotor width & form

- Added RotorLowIn/HighIn sound by Miles Teg

- Added icon / map icon

- Reduced cargo seats's polycount

version 1.1(MH53E addon for ARMA2)

- Fixed main rotor position

- New texture and smdi texture(include detail texture definition)

- Some sounds updated by Sgt.Elias / Yag

- Gear down/up automatically

- Fixed shadow lod

'USMC_MH53E' Addon by gachopin

------------------------------------------------

BLUFOR -> GAC AIR -> MH-53E(USMC)

BLUFOR -> GAC AIR -> MH-53E(USN)

BLUFOR -> GAC AIR -> MH-53E(USAF DG camo)

BLUFOR -> GAC AIR -> MH-53E(USAF LG camo)

This Addon include :

[gac_USMC_MH53E , gac_USAF_HH53E_DG , gac_USAF_HH53E_LG , gac_USN_MH53E]

how to fold rotor wing:

[this] exec "\gac_USMC_MH53E\script\MH53fold.sqs"

(gac_USAF_HH53E)

(gac_USN_MH53E)

how to spread rotor wing:

[this] exec "\gac_USMC_MH53E\script\MH53spread.sqs" or engine "on" or choose action "spread rotor-blade"

(gac_USAF_HH53E)

(gac_USN_MH53E)

how to open ramp:

this animate ["door_cargo", 0.3];this animate ["door_cargo2",1];

how to close ramp:

this animate ["door_cargo", 0];this animate ["door_cargo2",0];

Credits :

Miles Teg / Sgt.Elias / Yag /soldier 2390 and all advisers of BISforum :)

I love it! :D Are you going to create a german MH-53 as well?

BLUFOR -> GAC AIR -> MH-53E(USMC)

BLUFOR -> GAC AIR -> MH-53E(USN)

BLUFOR -> GAC AIR -> MH-53E(USAF DG camo)

BLUFOR -> GAC AIR -> MH-53E(USAF LG camo)

I don't like this handling of adding new faction classes :( Why didn't you add it under faction US Airforce? Please check this thread. You'll see what I mean then :) Back in OFP times it was a horrible pain to have thousands of new vehicles classes (instead of faction classes). I hope you're not taking this as blaming, I really like this addon!

I've made some tests, and...

... should be better with a sound for engine start.

... need some improvements on the glass texture when damaged, BTW, there is a little blinking.

... Don't know how to correct, but when you fire on it, the hit point is like when you fire on ground (I don't know how to express it correctly in English, sorry).

For the rest, as I've already said, it looks really nice, so good job :)

Edit: love tex_neta.pac :D

Edit²: There is a strong problem of sight with the rear gunner, the crosshair position have nothing to see with the impact result.

Also, it could be nice to remove the "open cargo" action when you're not on chopper cause the switch is inside.

About the script, for gears, you can make one script, or make some functions (if you need help, tell me) :

_unit = _this select 0;
_state = _this select 1;
_state = toUpper (_state);

_plane vehicleradio "gear";
if (_state == "UP") then {
_plane animate ["gearF", 0.9];
_plane animate ["gearR", 0.8];
sleep  2;
_plane animate ["door_f1", 0]
_plane animate ["door_f2", 0];
exit;
};

if (_state == "DOWN") then {
_plane animate ["door_f1", 1]
sleep 1;
_plane animate ["door_f2", 1];
_plane animate ["gearF", 0];
_plane animate ["gearR", 0];
exit;
};

Edited by tom_48_97
none

>Legislator

When I used default faction and named my helo like "gac_USMC_MH53E" ,

and overlap cursor ,ARMA2 displays include "gac" . So I used original faction.

But I expect to solve this : use displayname short.

I think if serious bug found this addon and solved faction problem ,I'll update with correct faction.

>tom_48_97

Thank you for your testing.

I know about fired effect .I didn't use surfaceInfo. But it can fix it.Maybe next release.

About script, I don't know what you mean. Do you mean I should unify gear script to one file?

I forgot delete tex_neta.pac lol

please turn a blind eye :D

Edited by Gachopin

Thanks for this update Gachopin & Co! :)

Very much appreciated.

Alex

You're welcome, always a pleasure to test new addons well made.

About scripts, yes, more, SQF allows a script handler, that should be usefull with animations phases.

For the texture, no, I'm gonna to reveal to all the community who you are :D

i've liked the previous releases, and i'm gonna have a look at this one as well. thanks for your work. :)

also everyone i forgot to add usmc to the marines version, my bad i ill fix asap!

@legislator i can make a german one if you like? and ill ask gachopin if u can have a single pbo addon of it! or release it as part of the pack! plus im doing more stuff, some goodies that im not going to mention now incase i cant follow throw on it! but me or gachopin will keep u guys updated on it tho!

Edited by soldier2390

read my last post! i said i forgot to add usmc markings(as it still says us navy on it) but im working on it now!

I love the new textures! A vast improvement over the original. Thank you for this!

Fantastic work! Each release gets better and better and FINALLY some more USAF Addons! Made my day! Soldier2390 your doing great work! I think Westmere was trying to bring to your and Gachopin's attention there is some subtle differences between the models. If you are in the pursuit of perfection this may help.

Take a look at this link http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/h-53-features.htm it explains it better than I could. Man you guys have made my day, I was disappointed about not being able to pick up the new OFP. This makes up for it, and then some! It is the add-on folks and mission makers that make the community great!

Fantastic work! Each release gets better and better and FINALLY some more USAF Addons! Made my day! Soldier2390 your doing great work! I think Westmere was trying to bring to your and Gachopin's attention there is some subtle differences between the models. If you are in the pursuit of perfection this may help.

Take a look at this link http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/h-53-features.htm it explains it better than I could. Man you guys have made my day, I was disappointed about not being able to pick up the new OFP. This makes up for it, and then some! It is the add-on folks and mission makers that make the community great!

oh ok cool! and thanks westmere! i will take note of all that bud! but yeah thats apart of the surprises i was talking bout! making the usmc version have proper floats, and im about to change the usmc version now by adding usmc markings(i know..i know..how could i forget?), but i dont have a2 so i cant update the packs, i will send gachopin the textures asap! also im making a snow version(for my "winter mod"! will post pics of the snow version in my "winter mod" thread!

Edited by soldier2390

Just a thought, but maybe guys could get some assistance (tips) or join forces with ADuke, the creator of ADuke's Helo pack - ArmA2. He has a nice refueling probe, Radar Dome and Mini gun on a Pave Low Bird. Plus maybe he could help you all put Drops on it as well. Just a thought, couldn't hurt to ask.

im cool with aduke and i was talking to him earlier, but he is busy with things, but i will ask him tho! i planed to get around to fixing them things anyhow, as my skills and knowledge improve!

Edited by soldier2390

great update, i really like the new skins. is it possible to get the tail gunner to face the back of the bird by default? when my i load up my squad in the AI controlled chopper the gunner sits there the whole flight (if there is no contact) facing the .50 cal into the chopper rather than scanning out the back realistically.

hi all

Just tryed these addons but cannot see them in my editor, Any suggestions?

Penfolde

also everyone i forgot to add usmc to the marines version, my bad i ill fix asap!

@legislator i can make a german one if you like? and ill ask gachopin if u can have a single pbo addon of it! or release it as part of the pack! plus im doing more stuff, some goodies that im not going to mention now incase i cant follow throw on it! but me or gachopin will keep u guys updated on it tho!

Great! :) Many people will love you for that!

So did anyone but me test the 2 non USMC version out on Namalsk yet? To me the front of those 2 helicopters are dragged out (deformed). Like that graphical bug some people had through the years with edgy pointy sharp graphical glitches.

Dont know if its the island or if the problem lies with these helicopters. But so far only the USMC and the other US-something is ok to fly in Namalsk - to me.

Alex