Sign in to follow this  
CombatComm

Is it possible to FORCE teamswitch by trigger activation?

bump. Not sure, but I have a feeling it's not possible.

I am not sure what you mean by "Force Teamswitch".

Do you mean "enable teamswitch", or do you mean use a trigger to actually switch into another teammember?

Is it a single player requirement, or is it going to be over the network?

I think if you are going to have any success, then the unit you are going to switch into will need to be local to your machine. With ARMA, I think i remember that the unit had to be part of you group otherwise you would get a crash to desktop.

Do you have some more info about what you are trying to do?

Thanks

Frosty

Hey bro thanks for the interest. What im essentially trying to do is after a certain trigger or something force the game/mission to turn into another playable charecter (on my machine yes). So that the player can essentially play diff characters. But I dont want them to be able to choose rather a trigger decides when they change to another character marked playable. Thanks

Great it worked but I was wodering if their is a way to make it cinematic. Instead of 1 quick an unexpected switch. Maybe the screen fades out to black before switching. I was playing the trigger effects black out etc but that didnt work. Idealy it would fade out out to a briefing screen than switch. THANKS! :)

Yah I guess that would be the ideal thing. Can u execute 2 or more briefing screens during mission? It dosent just have to be at the beggining?

The briefing can be run whenever. If you put it in the init.sqf it runs at the beginning. But you can call a "briefing" whenever, can also be called whatever.

The briefing is nothing more than a sqf for adding tasks, and showing you pretty pictures, and movies.

Ok so put something like execbreifing etc into an on activation of a trigger???

how would you go about creating the cut scenes? do you have that part yet?

If you do, then put it in a say cutscene.sqf

then in the trigger, or however you call it.

_null = execvm "cutscene.sqf";

Just like you call the briefing.sqf.

But since your scripting it (however your using selectplayer) put the cutscene info into that.